NAMSR

Discussion in 'Job-Seekers' started by Anonymous, Nov 18, 2008 at 3:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

not legit

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like the negative posts on this thread come from job boards that reqire fees. I really appreciate what the RMSR Certification and the NAMSR did for me. I really enjoyed the RMSR Ttraining. It was interesting and informative. I enjoyed it more to your than any of my university courses which I took long ago. The Employment Center was vital as that is where I found my new medical sales jobs. Good job to all at the association.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

received this in an e-mail and seems to be worth your time.
    Submit your resume to Stryker today!

Stryker Medical offers results-driven people a place where they can make a difference. It is Stryker's privilege to create medical technology that exceeds our customers' expectations and improves peoples' lives around the world. They give you the opportunity to develop your career based on your strengths and potential, including the possibility to move geographically, functionally, laterally and vertically.

Stryker is a broadly based, global leader in medical technology that consistently delivers exceptional results. We are one of the largest players in the $28.6 billion worldwide orthopaedic market and our products improve medical professionals' and patients' lives in over 120 countries.
    ($95k-$225k)

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Changing careers is never easy, even if you aren't satisfied with your current job. Joining a new profession usually means you will have to learn some new skills, which can be challenging. However, if you're committed to switching professions, Medical Sales Jobs may be right for you. Medical device manufacturers and other medical equipment industry leaders are always looking for new talent who have acquired industry training through the RMSR Certification Program (Vocational Medical Device Sales Training).

The first step to finding a medical equipment sales job is to get your information out there. Tailor your resume to highlight any sales skills with the RMSR Certificaton. Send it to companies you are interested in or post it on an online job-seeking Web site.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for your help! I appreciate it. I really enjoyed the RMSR Ttraining. It was interesting and informative. I enjoyed it more to your than any of my university courses which I took long ago. The Employment Center was vital as that is where I found my new medical sales job. Good job to all at the association.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I recently went through 2 interviews with J & J Ethicon and was just informed that I was beat out by 2 RMSR certified candidates. I just did a google seach and found this information about the RMSR training and certification. It must be important to have the RMSR.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am interviewing with Medtronic and they are looking for me to complete the RMSR Certifcation in order to move forward with the process. Where did you get your RMSR Training? I want this job badly, please help!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Every medical sales interview I have obtained over the last 4 weeks was because I had a RMSR Certification on my resume.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if people think they can get into medical device sales with no or very liitle industry educaton or training, then they are wrong.........whether it is the RMSR or AIMS or other industry training and designations, they are important and necessary to have on a resume.... companies will only interview candidates who no something about the medical field

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The RMSR Certification was a wise investment for me. It led to several interviews and eventually a job with Medline.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am looking for a used NAMSR- RMSR Certification training manual. If someone is looking to sell one please email me at bfconnery9999@yahoo.com

12. Skeptic

Skeptic Guest

I am very suspicious of a lot of the "glowing" reviews of NAMSR on this board. Well written, benefit-statement orientated, just like all the statements on their web page. I wouldn't be surprised if many of the glowing postings on this blog are coming from the marketing people at medicalsalescareer.com trying to drum up business. As a seasoned sales veteran, my gut is telling me that a lot of the postings here are not from "real" satisfied customers. Let the buyer beware...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only advice I can give is to call the medical device companies. I just called 14 and only talked to 6 HR staff people but they had favorable things to say about the RMSR Certification and 3 highly recommended it.

14. BAMABOY

BAMABOY Well-Known Member

I am sure this certification can help some wanna be med device newbies better understand this field but getting out there and networking with current reps is really the best. If you want to get into medical sales you better have current outside sales experience and if you have outside sales experience you have many customers and contacts that I am sure know someone who works in med sales. I looked this RMSR website up and the biggest warning I can give to newbies is to not think everyone in med sales makes 150k plus a year. Before crappy insurance reimbursement and surgeon owned surgery centers lots of people made this mad cash in the 80's & 90's. Also some of these people are trying to say that Stryker is the gold standard of the med device industry. The med device industry is littered with ex-Stryker reps in every division. Why do you think Stryker would want to hire a newbie with no med device experience and RMSR "certification"? Because the newbie doesn't know any better and Stryker needs someone they can get 1 1/2 maybe 2 years out of. My advice to a 20 something with a couple of years of sales experience is to go and work for a distributor. Be somebody's Associate Rep (bitch) for a couple of years get your experience without having the sales responsibility of a direct rep. Lot's of people make the bad decision of trying to work directly for some ankle biter med device company without any experience. You might think you are Joe Cool #1 med device rep but believe me many schmucks have tried before you and Stryker and other med device companies expect you to turn chicken shit into chicken salad. Be very selective and don't just jump at the first opportunity to get into med sales.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My freind who is a DME rep recently referred me to the NAMSR and recommended the RMSR Certification for me to qualfy and meet the minimum job requirements that his medical company has for hiring medical sales reps. Their website looks good, has anyone worked with this Diane Crawford that works at the NAMSR. She seemed nice but was curt on the phone, email me if anyone has dealth directly with Diane. My email, bnelson9@gmail.com

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just wanted to let you know that I just interviewed with GMA Medical today and they have asked me to get my RMSR Certification before moving on with the interview process. Obviously, some medical device companies are looking for the Certification and the medical device industry knowledge that comes with it.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4 threads about NAMSR.

Each was posted on today from 6:07 -6:22 with the same quick, general, anonymous, non-verifiable feel good platitudes that abound on these threads with amazing consistency. What a coincidence! Check all the threads, read the posts, and cross-reference the times, style, and content.

Common sense folks: this "organization" has ZERO value unless you have ZERO experience.
    And, no, this weak course will not make up for that lack of experience.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just went on an interview with KREG Therapeutics for a 2nd interview and they want me to get Certified for medical sales. I should of asked but are they talking about the RMSR Certifiication?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Which is better or more recognized, the RMSR or the AIMS?

20. HR Recruiter

HR Recruiter Guest

To get into medical device sales, it is important to have already gained a refined level of medical device and equipment education. Medical device companies offering medical device jobs do not have time to train employees on basic medical knowledge. Entry level applicants should obtain industry training which is focused on product information.

As a successful medical device sales representative you may be highly marketable to other device companies. Medical device jobs are on the rise in today’s employment market. These jobs are not for the squeamish individual and require some hours in the operating room.

Medical device jobs offer a competitive base salary and the ability to earn exceptional commissions. Successful medical device sales representatives are high-energy people and are not afraid of challenges.

The future of medical device sales is promising as technology and medicine continue to advance. Regardless of the economy, jobs in medical devices will continue to remain strong due to the constant need for health care.