Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The faculty of the RMSR program and this Vocational education training is highly experienced and I know this as I took the training. They impart practical knowledge to their students. As a result I was able to have a real life and practical industry experience. Most students are also provided with good paying jobs.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I highly recommend that anyone who would like a job in this industry that they actually call prospective employers and ask them what are appropriate qualifications required to get that specific job. I do not believe a single company on this entire board would say NAMSR/RMSR.

In the case of medical sales, if you take this course blindly without first asking a medical company if this training would increase your chances you are an idiot.

I have yet to hear a single specific success story with an actual name (person and company that hired him, position, income, etc.).

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This place is nothing but a SCAM!

In the last couple years, I have received emails from bogus job postings ALL with same email requiring RMSR as a required training. They overwhelm you with emails, LinkedIn requests from others that have completed the RMSR (those with jobs – have fake profiles and pictures – use Goggle images). They use fake recruiting websites that many other people on this thread and others have provided. Go look at:

www.expresssalesstaffing.com

or

www.keystone-recruiting.com

or

www.recruitmedicalreps.com

or

www.express-staffing.com

or

www.medicalsalesagent.com

or

www.staffingsalesrep.com

All of these sites have the same look. No recruiter names or contact information. No recruiters on LinkedIn that represent these companies.

As you receive the same letters, share your experience. You will see that they will quickly respond with generic postings over and over looking to bury your post.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for exposing! I received the following from another company of the RMSR program that should be added to the list. The name was Susan Hamilton at www.mristaffing.com.

It was good to see your resume come in for the Medical Sales Rep - Surgical Equipment opportunity. Your background looks pretty good so the client has a few more questions we need you to answer and email them back to me.

Part of the reason why MRI Sales Search Staffing has been recognized for its work in the healthcare sales recruitment field is that the staffing team does their best to make the interviewing, negotiation and job acceptance process as easy as possible on both sides.

It is important for you to meet the basic pre-requisites for the entry level Medical Sales Rep opportunity.Listed below are some questions that the client has for you. To complete the application process we need you to accurately answer the questions and simply email them back to me.

Candidates should also exhibit proficiency with computer applications; MS Office and expense reporting. Thank you for your time and have a great day.

Sincerely,

Susan Hamilton, Staffing Director - MRI Staffing

Website - http://www.mristaffing.com
    Medical Recruiters, INC.

Questions:
    What interests you most about a career in Medical Device & Equipment Sales (DME Rep)?

What specifically interests you about working in Endoscopy-Surgery?

Give me an example of a time when you set a goal, and were able to meet it?

Have you completed entry level medical sales training or certification? (NAMSR, DME or RAI)?

Are your HIPAA Certified?

By chance have you acquired any hospital vendor credentials? (Vendormate, RepTrax, or VCS)

Have you been more successful servicing clients or developing a new territory?

Could you see yourself enjoying this job for 10 years or more? Why?

Thank you. We will get back to you soon.

Susan Hamilton www.mristaffing.com

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Received from Sales Staff Resources and RX Staffing as seen below. Both for the RMSR and the CNPR training...

Sales Staff Resources LLC:
    Stephanie Dollard: Bogus jobs trying to sell you Medical Sales Training is her goal?

Her FORM Letter which I have received twice from Sales Staff LLC!
    Her questions:Which is a better time for you to interview? (Mornings or afternoon) How much notice do you typically need?
    What makes you a good salesperson?
    What interests you most about working in medical device & equipment sales?
    Why are you looking to leave or have left your current position?
    If you are entry level, have you completed industry accredited medical sales training? (RAI, NAMSR, or DME)
    If you are a current Medical Sales rep do youI have hospital credentials or industry certifications? (VCS, RepTrax, HIPAA, HIDA, etc.)
    Evaluating yourself on a scale of 1 to 10, how well do you think you interview?
    What do you like most about working in a career as a medical sales rep?

RX Staffing:
    Brenda Platt: Sent me same form letter 3x's on what I now know are bogus jobs (Always says Entry or Experienced Reps), I have 22 years in industry.
    Trying to sell you on CNPR, CphT Training

Example of form letter:
    In addition to the resume you sent me, can you answer the following questions? How many years of sales experience do you have? Will you consider entry level pharmaceutical sales positions? Do you possess or completed Pharmaceutical Sales training (CNPR, CphT or PharmD) for entry level pharmaceutical sales? Do you have a solid driver’s license? Can you pass a drug test if asked? Which days are best for you to interview and what time of the day is best? What are your base salary requirements? Pharmaceutical sales can be a very rewarding career, and the first step is to interview for pharmaceutical sales positions. We look forward to hearing from you and have a great Thursday!

IF YOU WERE A PHARM-D, Would you be entry level? Come on! Pharm-D would never need training like she is trying to sell & certainly would not want to be a SALES REP!

Stay away from POSTS that read ENTRY or Experienced Level & don't actually have a company listed has happened to me at least 4 times now!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I received the same bullshit

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Post # 170 from Bogus Recruiters Thread...

Add www.modernmedicalreps.com to the list as well.

I had a run in w/ Patty Hubbard from Modern Medical Solutions too. She sent this email (in which I responded) and never heard anything back:

We appreciate your interest in Modern Medical Solutions and the sales opportunity of Medical Sales Rep for which you applied. I do apologize by just getting back to you but we just started working on your territory this week. We strive to provide the best possible certified medical sales reps in the industry for each medical equipment supplier's specific requirements. We are reviewing applications currently and expect to get back to everyone in the next couple of days. We do have a few short questions below you will need to fill out to be considered. If you are selected you can expect to be contacted by my Staffing Coordinating staff shortly.

Patty Hubbard, Human Resource Manager

Modern Medical Solutions www.modernmedicalreps.com

patty.hubbard@modernmedicalreps.com

APPLICANT QUESTIONS (please fill out your answers the best you can to be considered):

How do you build relationships with clients in order to understand their needs and strategies?

How would you describe your personality?

What do you do personally for your professional development?

If this is you first sales rep position in the Medical Device & Equipment industry please answer the next 3 questions:

1) How much education do you have in healthcare and list all classes completed that directly related to medical devices or equipment?

2) Have you completed medical sales training or have acquired entry-level Medical sales designations such as (RMSR, MSC, HIDA, etc)?

3) What interests you mostly about becoming a Medical Device & Equipment sales rep?

If you have experience in selling Medical Devices / Equipment please answer the below questions, thank you:

Do you have medical sales rep credentials to meet client requirements (Vendormate, REPTRAX, Symed)?

Are the majority of your current client’s physicians or hospital / clinic administrators?

How familiar are you with Medicaid and Medicare guidelines, coding, reimbursements, and policies?

What type of medical equipment did you mostly sell or have experience in and what certifications do you have in the medical equipment DME business?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

f you are entry level I would certainly get the RMSR to attract DME employers and will lead to interviews. I have been interviewing quite a bit with mine and just turned down one offer as I am hopefully close to one with Stryker. The RMSR training is very thorough and recognized with most medical device companies.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do not believe any negative blogs on this site. The NAMSR program is very good and certainly industry recognized. Typically negative bloggers on these industry streams are paid by a competitor. Very sad but true.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very true. Thanks to my NAMSR training I was hired to greet customers at Wal-Mart. Best decision ever!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NOT TRUE. Please provide a list of the companies that "recognize" this program. Medtronic? No. JNJ? No. St. Jude? No. Covidien? No. Boston Sci? No. Abbott? No.

I advise any prospective entry rep to call a local manager and ask them what their hiring qualifications are. No one will say RMSR. In fact, here is what they will say most likely in order of importance:

College degree
    Sales experience - 1. B2B 2. Pharm. 3. Med Device
    History of success, drive, achievement
    Personality/Cultural Fit
    Possible specific experience - Cardiology, Surgery, Ortho, Thoracic, etc.

RMSR training is a waste. Good companies will train you specific to disease states, products, call point, deal process, etc.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I completely disagree with some of the posts above. Learned so much and anytime I called NAMSR they were always so helpful/ The Quizzes helped me so much and I learned so much. The people at NAMSR were always so helpful to me whenever I needed assistance. I am interviewing and the medical companies have said nothing but good things about the RMSR training.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am certified surgical technologist as well as a bs in kinseiology which added immense value in this course/ if you love working in the OR RMSR is a great option to provide this opportunity.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

last 2 posts are hilariously bogus plugs. Nice try. There are so many for profit programs like this being investigated for over-promising. No matter what these false plugs say, you will not be a candidate for a med device sales position without a degree and a history of sales success elsewhere. Good Luck to all.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Coming from a large military family I wanted to find a way to give back and help those who were injured while protecting the freedoms we enjoy. This program and certification has given me the opportunity to do that.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Coming from a large military family myself, I thank you for your service every time I see you hand me a grocery cart at Wal-Mart.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Uh... what?

I have no dog in this fight whatsoever. All I will say is this:
    I've been in this industry, both capital and commodity medical sales, for a number of years now. I'm now a RM, and many of the people I've worked beside have become RM's or higher in their respective companies. Combined, we've interviewed hundreds of people over the years to fill positions and I have never, ever, ever received a resume from a recruiter/MedReps/Human Resources that had NAMSR training as a cert. If I did, I would not consider it making that candidate any more qualified than a two year pharma candidate.
    I've read this thread, and a number of other threads regarding this training institute, over the past couple of years and asked friends if they've ever interviewed someone with this training. All said no.
    So, that being said, maybe I just haven't met the person yet. Maybe they are getting jobs with companies NAMSR sets up job fairs with and that's why I'm not interviewing them.
    My gut says that it's a scam. You simply can not replace experience with some training. And, let's be honest, there is no one-shop training course that will prepare you for anything more than 'Don't touch the blue in the OR'.
    Advice for someone looking at NAMSR as a route into med sales-- get a crappy, low paying 1099 job for a distributor. Cut your teeth there. Or, get an ASR role at a bigger company like Stryker, Medtronic, etc... Earn your bones, and then roll that right into a good paying TM job.
    Skip this NAMSR racket. I just don't see it being worthwhile.
    My two cents worth, and only my opinion.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got sucked into this "certification" nonsense from a job board. I have worked for major players like Glaxo and P & G as well as DME's like Sunrise Medical and a few others. I have worked for Med Device companies as well, in the Specialty Bed biz and in the Operating Room with a Wound Closure Device company. I had never heard of these "certifications" nor have I ever been asked for one. It's never even been suggested to me, until last week, when I received this e-mail...

"We appreciate your interest in Modern Medical Solutions and the sales opportunity of Medical Sales Rep for which you applied. We strive to provide the best possible certified medical sales reps in the industry for each medical equipment supplier’s specific requirements. We are reviewing applications currently and expect to get back to everyone in the next couple of days. We do have a few short questions below you will need to fill out to be considered. If you are selected you can expect to be contacted by my Staffing Coordinating staff shortly.

Cynthia King - Human Resource Manager - Modern Medical Solutions www.modernmedicalreps.com

cynthia.k@modernmedicalreps.com

APPLICANT QUESTIONS (please fill out your answers the best you can to be considered):

How do you build relationships with clients in order to understand their needs and strategies?

How would you describe your personality?

What do you do personally for your professional development?

If this is you first sales rep position in the Medical Device & Equipment industry please answer the next 3 questions:

1) How much education do you have in healthcare and list all classes completed that directly related to medical devices or equipment?

2) Have you completed medical sales training or have acquired entry-level Medical sales designations such as (NAMSR, DME, HIDA, etc)?

3) What interests you mostly about becoming a Medical Device & Equipment sales rep?

If you have experience in selling Medical Devices / Equipment please answer the below questions, thank you:

Do you have medical sales rep credentials to meet client requirements (Vendormate, REPTRAX, Symed)?

Are the majority of your current client’s physicians or hospital / clinic administrators?

What type of medical equipment did you mostly sell or have experience in and what certifications do you have in the medical equipment DME business?"

!
    When I responded to this with my qualifications, I got a curt, "let us know when you have certification." WHAT?!? Went back and realized that I had never applied to this company!!
    As an earlier poster stated, every company has their own training program. Every decent one, anyway. The only interest that an interviewer has shown is in my PREVIOUS company-provided training!
    A few of the Vendormate, etc trainings were ok, but certainly not comparable to real company training. They were more about Safety (Fire Safety, Universal Precautions) than anything else. Would NEVER help you sell anything!
    These "endorsements" are directly from these SCAMMERS! None of them has ever worked for a real Medical Device, RX or even a DME/distributor!

STAY AWAY FROM THESE SILLY CERTIFICATIONS! DON'T GET SUCKED IN.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I called the company and they are aware of the recruiters and their stupid questionnaires and do not affiliate with them. I was actually encouraged to look at their job board and familiarize myself with what the companies are looking for. I was also told that not having a degree would definitely hurt someones chances of getting into the industry. I felt as though they were very upfront with me and even suggested I look into requirements before purchasing the course.. It education. Some people are a little too heated and extreme over a very cheap course people can take. I probably wont take the course, but that's only because I do not have a four year degree. Chill out and don't order it if you feel that way.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know this question is pretty dated but please DO NOT go with RMSR or NAMSR or their affiliate NAPRx. I was interested in breaking into this industry myself so I did some digging. The first thing I saw was RMSR and the NAMSR company and it looked appealing and I almost bought a book... almost. The first thing that caught my eye as suspicious was the copyright on the bottom of the website (only to 2014). Things didn't seem right with all the broken links and difficulty in finding any information about them.

The company is fake, the certification is fake, its a scam. I encourage anyone who cares enough to want to invest money in this certification to read through a legal court case filed against them by an actual accredited company. I found this in my endeavor to validate NAMSR, not that I wanted it to be fake but because I want to be 100% certain I'm making smart investments. In the document you will find information about fake accounts (linkedin, facebook, youtube, etc) as well as fake companies and recruiters that they created to bolster their image.

http://www.medicalsalescollege.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/ECF-16-e-book-Answer-to-Amended-Complaint-and-Jury-Demand-and-Defendants-Counterclaims-and-Third-Party-Complaint-with-Exs.-A-M-01-26-2015.pdf