My Plan B------> Real Estate

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Apr 28, 2014 at 3:22 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yea but what happens even the boiler blows or you lose your job and you have no money in the bank because you emptied it buying in cash.. There is no right or wrong way just risk involved with all .. I wouldn't put 240k into a house cash nor would I put 240k in stocks .. A little in real estate a little in stocks and a little in cash is the only way.. I know a lot of people still underwater on houses they bought in 2008 but anyone who stayed in the market since 2008 is up big

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Calculated risk, my friend. Would you agree that staying here, and a'hopin and a wishing' that you will stay here long enough to retire is riskier, yet?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This job is a means to an end. Use it to set yourself up for when the job is gone. Get your MBA, start a side business, invest in stocks and real estate. Develop a skill for life after pharma .. Do all this and you will be fine.. Dump your entire life savings into one investment is plain dumb

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Soooooo true !!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dead broke fools dreaming !!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK; let's get real: job has benefits difficult to duplicate; free time, good $; entire package for everyone is excellent. Extra is the company car, expense account, cell phone reimbursement, etc. It is stressful. It is a matter of total tolerance. What are you willing to sacrifice: your free time, stress levels for your health, etc. Only you can decide. Investing in real estate paying off your principal residence is a great idea. One never almost heard of 15 yr. mortgages 20-30 years ago. Now everyone is doing it to free up the cash so you have extra to invest not to mention less stress should you lose your job. If you can manage an extra property all the better. CDS (certificates of disappointment) have proven the bank is not the way to go. You know the solution; participate and you should at 60 be sitting pretty well if you played the game and followed simple financial rules throughout your life. Find something you would love to do for income after here and there will be an after whether you want to realistically acknowledge that or not.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When the economy tanks HARD in the next 5 years you better be ready. Global debt and wars are coming to us like a speeding train. I cannot believe the madness of some people who think this financial bubble will keep going. Learn from 2008. The Fed already lending at low rates and we buy our own debt back from ourselves.

In all seriousness I have 2 years of food, 1 year of savings for when my job is axed to pay the bills, gold and real estate and some guns. I know its crazy but tangible assets are where my bet is. No debt is my other secret. I'm ready for the market to burn down and be ready to invest at the bottom.

This run cant last. It wont last. Sell your equities and get goods and property. I expect the next round of job cuts to be the last. Our careers are not coming back. Not unless your under 30 and want to make less than 60 a year. The CRUNCH is coming.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why save up? If SHTF, why not just have a printout of all residences of registered Democrats and any other leftists within a 100 square mile territory from your house, then just take all of their stuff? They won't defend themselves, they're too stupid to do that. They deserve it because they created the financial disaster in so many ways it's immeasurable.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ammunition will be the best "currency" when the SHTF. Buy up your 556. 40.45.9mm. 22lr etc

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In that case buy property with a basement so it can be turned into a bunker to horde goods and run pillaging raids from.

On another topic......Anyone here own a hotel? Want to talk about it?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone here actually own enough property and cash flow to walk from Pfizer today but choose not to? I've always thought if I had this I could wait for one a-hole manager comment that set me off and cuss them out and take off knowing I was safe. DREAMS!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If I was that financially secure, then I'd never leave Pfizer. Just think of it as winning the lottery. Approximately + or - $100k per year and free coffee and lunches 5 days a week, to do nothing. Just make your calls and drop samples. Ignore your asshole manager. Yes them to death and do as you please. Take time off territory to do all of your compliance crap and expense reports. When it comes to ride-alongs, call in sick, POA's call in sick; miss everything unless it's a national POA in Vegas. Don't prepare or even give a shit about the idiotic detailing at the meeting. Just read the slides and close hard like an asshole demanding the doctor prescriber your drug. Get your golf claps and stay below the radar.

The crazy thing is that you'll be happy to make your calls on the docs and probably win Premier. That's basically what I do and won it.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes. I could but choose to stay for now. My cash flow from the properties is more than Pfizer paycheck. The reason I stay is being a rep is easy. I live off the Pfizer money and the cash flow buys more properties and upgrades to older properties. I plan on leaving soon because I manage my properties and the work load especially in the Winter is becoming too much.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So it appears that sticking around allows you to save your property cash flow and buy more property for greater cash flow. Good idea. I just assumed you would want to move on and do other things.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do plan on leaving Pfizer in the near future. I have been exploring other small business opportunities but nothing has really excited me at this time. The best move I made in pharma was staying in sales and not looking to move up. This allowed me free time to build the rental business.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone who moves up today and has aspirations to be a DM is an idiot. Reps are the safest position (as safe as one can be in this environment), and gives you the most amount of freedom. The once a moth ride along with the boss is no big deal, then I'm alone the other 98% of the time! What a gig!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes and Yes to the previous post. NO other job out there in the world gives you the free time pharma does.

Dentist appointment (check) dont tell anyone
    See The Avengers at noon (check) dont tell anyone
    Go to kids games (check) dont tell anyone
    2 hours for lunch (check) dont tell anyone
    Fix a broken door at my rental (check) dont tell anyone
    Go to the gym (check)
    See for sale property (check)
    Pick up rents (check)
    Go to AAA day game (check)

The idea is you are all alone with no one sending you calls. All email. This is a walk in the park compared to to other jobs. Make my 115 to 130 a year and I say welcome to the top 5% of the plant in earned income.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Which is why I can't understand all the bitching about DMs. He's with me once a month!!! Who cares. Sometimes people need a reality check...listen to your friends, relatives and spouses who have real jobs and are with their bosses EVERY DAY (and working 9-5 or more)!!! You really don't know how good things are until its gone and all of a sudden- you're in the real world. Enjoying it while I can.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No complaints when I was a rep.. made my calls, rode with manager, and did all the other nice day time running around free time mentioned above...try having you mgr. 5 days a week, 8 hours a day 15 ft away from your 'workspace' or having to fill out some HR form to request time off to go to your kids school program, never knew it took so long to get the oil changed for your own car with your own money on Saturday mornings-compared to Tuesdays at 2pm..I got a lot done from 3:30 pm till 5pm during the week..my yard never looked better..now all that has to happen on the weekend. Most reps get 'it' and appreciate it but free 'me' time is like a well known dark family secret you just didn't talk about.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the most idiot statement I've ever read on cafepharma. In five years when 70% of reps are gone and looking for jobs you will wish you moved up in the world. Yes the work is harder and yes you at more accountable but managers, marketing, finance will always have skills for another job unfortunately a 45 year old rep who gets fired and has to work for 20 more years is in big trouble when the gravy train ends... Those who were smart and got MBAs will be fine , those who skated through and never gained any other skills are in big trouble