MiMedx Opportunity on the surgery side

Discussion in 'Mimedx' started by Anonymous, Apr 2, 2015 at 10:32 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been approached about an opportunity to sell AmnioFix on the surgery side of the business (robotic prostates, etc.)... Any thoughts regarding this opportunity?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it's all relative. which company are you leaving? you don't want to leave a guaranteed cush position for a risk, just like in any other industry.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am an early investor in MiMedx having bought under $1. I am in contact with shareholders who control as much as 20% of the company. One friend with a large position is an oral surgeon who uses the product. He is convinced that it will be a huge market in the area for which you have been offered a position and will in fact become standard of care for that surgery. It's a very large market and I know the company views it as a large opportunity which translates to a large opportunity for sales folks. If you can get stock in the company, it even adds to your opportunity.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice, insider trading talks....

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

likely not a surgeon that we provided stock options, I'm sure

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

insider trading? Hardly. I have invested in Pete Petit's other public companies. The guy knows how to build companies and make money for shareholders. The surgeon friend I mentioned is not affiliated with the company. He loved using the product and invested in the company early on as I did. MDXG's growth is just beginning. Nice presentation last week at the Regenerative Medicine Investor Day if you missed it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riFDlzVqXbU

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP here. Thank you to the 4/3 8:51 poster for the in-depth reply. It was very informative. Opportunity sounds good (money, total package, product, etc.). I am still doing as much research as I can to be as well informed as I can. I would be curious to hear from sellers on the wound care side as to their thought about MiMedx (culture, senior leadership, strategy, pipeline, data, etc.) as an organization?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK- so on the WC side, the company is ok to be honest. We are best in class in terms of technology in the space. But the opportunities vary depending on your individual territory. Reimbursement (which won't be as much of an issue on the surgical side) rules the day. Certain areas of the country are basically unlimited while others are somewhat limited. So it can depend a lot. The managers are all ok. Some are good and "get it"/care about their people, etc. The others are either too inexperienced to be helpful or are so centered on their own advancement that they don't want to help develop anyone. But I've worked for far worse places and people. The money is good- but only if you are hitting the higher numbers. Overall, it's a decent place to work. We must be doing something right because our competitors continue to resort to bashing and outright lies to try and discredit us since they can't outsell us product to product. Good luck on the surgical side. Will be a challenge with many other tissues out there- most with larger sizes for a lot less money. Outside of urology or spine, you will be in for a battle getting hospitals to spend so much more.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP, did you take the position? I was contacted about an opening and was hoping to see how it has played out for you? Was told about 50% of reps are hitting quota. Anything positive/negative about the position?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've also been contact about a position, was told 1st year should be about 180. Anyone that can say if that's reasonable

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Probably pretty reasonable. It will depend on your territory- if you are calling on VAs or not, and if there are products approved at the hospital or not. The biggest challenge on the surgery side is being able to grow as fast as they want you to. Some situations will be better than others,

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

are they direct or do they go through distribution?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Depends on what part of the country you are in as to opportunity - what market are you in?