Merry Christmas your fired!

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Dec 23, 2014 at 6:23 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Certainly not Novartis HR. It's all about the Basel business model that is anti-US. They see US Reps as expendable tools that once they are no longer needed, than quickly cut or fire them. Remember when they mentioned 2-3 years ago about laying off Basel workers as part of downsizing. Well, the Basel workers protested and petitioned, thus keeping their jobs getting the reduced headcount numbers transferred to the US. Novartis and HR has no empathy to displaced employees!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For those of you receiving a severance... do what the Steve Miller Band says... "Go On, Take the Money and RUN!" Take the money, the benefits, and run for the hills from this industry. You all have many transferrable skills, but just don't know it. Or you've been in too long to realize it. Trust your skills and make the most of this and DON'T run back to another Pharma company because the same crap will happen down the road. Follow these 3 rules:
    1) What are you good at?
    2) What are you excited about?
    3) Where is there an opportunity for sustained growth for the next 5+ years.

When you have the answer to all 3, you will find your way! Good luck people!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's why we're so successful!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Once you get your head out of your fat ass think about your moronic comment.
    On the surface you're correct. No one guaranteed us a job for life. Business is business; profit and shareholders are more important than people. That's capitalism.
    The profit over people is fundamentally wrong on many levels, too many to discuss here. It is ass- kissing, yes men/ women like you that promulgate the wrong. You, you steaming pile of shit, are what is wrong with the corporate world.
    Mark my words.... Your day will come so keep looking over your shoulder for the axe that's coming for you on Xmas eve in 2016.
    Happy New Year, you asshole.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do I keep reading in the letters from execs like Shaw that they are doing everything they can to support the laid off employees? I'm not seeing it.
    So they are going to take away my salary, car, benefits, etc. and then say they will do everything they can to support us with placement services and the employee assistance program? Those two things are not that helpful for most of us. I know how to find a job and I'm not depressed about it. Can I just get the money you spend on those things instead? I don't need a recruiter or a counselor. That doesn't pay my bills.
    The real help (and the FAIR thing to do) would be extending the termination to a later date so we have more time to apply internally and before you take away the car and benefits. They claim that they want to treat people fairly but take no action to show that so that is apparently not true. The other sales reps that were laid off at least had a chance to placed and if they weren't they have had at least a month or two longer than the NP sales force to apply for internal positions and keep their car and benefits. Not to mention the fact that we got ambushed with this news two days before XMas so that pretty much burns half of the time we have to apply for positions because nobody was working. All in all...I would say that we certainly were not treated fairly in this process at all.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fair? Empathetic? Concern? Words Novartis does not know or care to know .
    20-30 billion is not enough profit for the greedy bastards.
    Move on and and find another career away from this industry.

7. You myopic twits are amusing. Not that it wasn't lame to lay you off a few days before xmas however over the nearly decade long slaughter of thousands of reps many done between Thanksgiving & Xmas mind you. You 'survivors' had little or nothing to say about it.
    Now it's armageddon because the executioners scythe lopped your heads off.
    Boo Hoo. Guess you can returns little Johnny's PS4 & Ashley's baby UGGS now
    Welcome to America, 2015 edition.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm still here, but laid off come February - after the national sales meeting beetches!

Anyone want me to fuck with them while I still can?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This has got to be the worst thing I have ever read about this sad company.

I am ashamed to work for Novartis!

I wish the 110 luck and hope it didn't ruin your holidays too much - no company, especially not this pathetic, hypocrite-haven deserves to dominate what should be the happiest time of year for you and your loved ones.

Novartis is definitely NOT worth it.

And you are better than that.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been gone for four years laid off 7 months pregnant BEST thing that ever happened to me!!! I was there 6 years and went through 4 layoffs Novartis can not run a business to save their life. This company makes poor decisions and does not care one bit about the people they leave in their wake.
    I am sorry for those displaced and wish you the very best moving forward, I believe you will look back on this moment in time and consider it a gift to be out from under the stress of waiting for the next impending layoff.
    There is life after Novartis!!! HUGS XXX

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WELL STATED

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How did Swedin get an ABL position on the CV team already? If Novartis supposedly just found out about this on the 22nd, how did he post, interview and get hired already??? If I'm not mistaken, most managers were already in place by the time NP reps even got the news. RRS even told us that only three manager positions were unfilled at that time and two still are.
    This is plain wrong. This guy was supposed to be our leader and representative for the NP team and he clearly was given the life raft while the rest of us were thrown overboard! So much for the captain going down with the ship. He must have gotten the inside scoop from his cronies and used it to his advantage while the rest of us had no clue.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Makes me sick. This company plain sucks.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was all part of the plan. I hope you all understand what this company has become.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No words for this. Major red flag for integrity. No wonder they wouldn't announce who the new managers were in December.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They were hand picked. And if anything was going to look to obvious in final interviews with RRS they made sure those candidates were released from the interview process before it got to that final interview. Just ask some of the RDs what they were "instructed" to do.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was going to write a long comment about how messed up this is but what is the point? The head of NP should have been busy taking care of his people while they went through this but instead spent the time saving his own ass. I bet he has known for weeks about all this. They had to actually save a spot for him.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jason is Richard's pet! You can guess the rest.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And so is Jeff p. Ask Jeff S why Lori Scardina was pushed out of the interview pool before final interviews.....hmmmmm