Merry Christmas your fired!

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Dec 23, 2014 at 6:23 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The sabbatical is a total joke! The requirements are crazy to even qualify for it! Have to have a bunch of 3's and blah, blah, blah!! Don't be jealous of it because not many of us could ever take advantage of it.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

....right

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wonder why Cafepharma did not remove the above racist post? If it had referred to a "black male", you can bet it would have been removed in a second!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have you seen Senior leadership lately??? All females. This company has put diversity over qualifications which is why we have people not ready to lead or those that cannot lead in positions of authority.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's racist about this post? Look around the sales force. Pointing out something is racist, El Rushbo?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes it's terrible to look for competency & qualification as part of the yob (sp) description

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was granted one of the CV ABL positions and I am extremely greatful to have it. I'm committed to the position and the great representatives that I'll be working along side. I owe it to my family, myself, and to my coworkers (not to mention those who were laid off) to do my best.

With that being said, I have never been more disappointed in a decision made by my company as I am with the way they chose announce this latest news. I have been in the minority during the past layoffs due to the fact that I wasn't really upset. I at least understood the circumstances that led up to each layoff and I really felt like people were truly trying their best to make the best decisions and be as thoughtful as possible within the parameters of the law and our litigious society.

However, the choice to announce layoffs two days before Christmas while the company is basically shut down strikes me as extremely callous and thoughtless. I realize that some would argue that being up front as quickly as possible is always the correct choice. Normally I would agree, but this was not a normal circumstance. I have to imagine that many of the affected individuals were with their extended family (out of town in many instances) at the time of notification with no real opportunity to be "alone" to digest the information. I can't imagine having to try and put on a good face for everyone... Being embarrassed because my family was feeling sorry for me at Christmas. What a horrible scenario that could have been avoided so easily. I just makes me sad to think the people I work for could be so hurtful at such a special time.

As I said, I will move forward and do my best, but my trust in the people leading the US has been severely damaged. I will not be telling my wife how this was handled simply because I'm actually embarrassed To be a part of a company that would do this.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank You for what I think is an honest comment felt by many who remain with the sinking ship. Most good respected companies do have values and Novartis has thrown them out the window.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true great post.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go to Hell! You knew what was happening!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My God, this post is exceptional!!!!!! This really puts poor leadership and decision making into appropriate perspective. Oftentimes, these types of decisions are forged in contempt. I have always maintained, that since the early 2000's, senior leadership has despised primary care. As a result, representatives are treated much like gum stuck to the bottom of a shoe.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree! The Pharma companies don't care about people

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are not forced to work for Pharma if you feel they treat you so bad. Get a life and move on or start your own business. It is America you whining POS.

A current Novartis Manager

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I didn't' have to imagine it. It was real for me. I can tell you that it is just as bad or worse than you think it was. Trying to put a smile on while family is opening their presents and all you can think about is how you wished you hadn't spent the money. Feeling anger towards your company for doing something so thoughtless. Not knowing whether to tell people when they ask the inevitable question about how work is going and you don't want to bring down the mood of the whole family. Just about the worst timing for an announcement of this sort of thing that I have ever seen. It was painful to read the follow up note from Shaw as well. Trying to explain away why it wasn't their fault that they had to announce the news this way. I hope that made her feel better because it didn't do a thing for me.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard that McDonald's has an unmet need for security guards:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNILnnwAtbQ

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for this. I wish the people in upper management were as thoughtful as you are. I agree that being up front and transparent has it's place and is usually a good thing. However, there is also a place for discretion and decency. I would bet everything I own that the timing of this had less to do with transparency and being up front than it did with some legal requirement or financial benefit to announcing it prior to year end. If it didn't benefit them, it would not have been done. If i have to hear senior leadership say that they understand our frustration or they understand why we are upset or they understand that the timing was insensitive, I might throw up. That is just their way of saying shut up, we don't want to hear about it.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You obviously feel so smug, but wait until the hammer hits you on the head . Novartis is a ruthless company and only is out to protect its shareholders. The reps make the money for the company--I am a former employee and believe me, it is a ridiculously top heavy company with too many over paid managers, many of whom have forgotten where they came from. Profit comes at the expense of everything else and companies forget the humanity of their employees who work on the front lines, selling their products. Your position is most likely tenuous so don't get too comfortable. Happy New Year!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Loser you sit in a car watching the reps detail all day yeah real productive. A no talent like you will be the first to go. Don't have have expense reports to approve OH yeah you don't even do that anymore.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WOW!~ This is even a new time low for the Swiss Nazis who run NVS. I can't believe they would have the total lack of humanity to fire 100+ people 2 days before Christmas.

I know business is business but what a ay to destroy someone when its supossed to be a happy time of year.

They say KARMA is a bitch and hopefully the assholes who did this will get theirs!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Contract force on its way. The primary care force will be gone in the summer. Get your resumes ready