Merck Pension

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Sep 18, 2015 at 4:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Should I listen to Dunky and Karl ?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please do the company a favor, go deliver your deli for the day. Remember don't open your mouth we need all the business we can get!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Annuity looks like thebest way to go if it you and a spouse...6.1% hard to beat..

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The only rational way to goe is the lump sum. You die and spouse suffers. 6.1% is not good despite what you may think. My return over the last six years out paces my withdrawals in fact even has increase the lumsum.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree 100%. I retired 3 years ago and ran the numbers before I left. The lump allows you to control the destiny of your money where an annuity doesn't. Also, If I die, my wife gets all of it but with an annuity, the payments stop unless you opted to take a reduced rate for spousal coverage. An annuity doesn't have COLA either so what you get now will be the same 20 years down the road. The value of my lump sum has increased every year. I've averaged 10.2% over 3 years and 9% over 4 years so exceeded what I could have done with the Merck annuity. And that's investing conservatively. Merck essentially is paying you nothing for an annuity and hope that's the path you choose. They invest your lump(that they didn't pay you) and earn interest and dividends off the lump. Then they pay you the 6%. If their investments earn more than 6%, they actually made money off of you!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you take the annuity you are stilled tied to Merck's fortunes and risks. The more separation from Merck's destiny the better you will be. There is alway the Risk that Merck can't or won't be able to continue payouts in the future. There are many companies that have not been able to continue paying pensions then the government guarantee takes over. The problem with this is that the cap with this payout is 4k per month. Another issue is that as more people retire this will put a strain on the retirement funds and example of this is the pressure on social security.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

which company is managing your lump sum ?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I rolled mine over into an IRA with Schwab, and rolled the 401K over with Fidelity.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This thread will not mean much over the next few quarters. Most will see a much lower lump sump over the next few years and be forced into the annuity. The lump sum is indexed to interest rates. As they go up, the lump goes down. Annuity stays the same. The interest rates update every quarter.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Morgan Stanley / makes me money every quarter and drives my lifestyle. Great company

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The key to money investment is to first succeed in a fruitful gainful profession. The key is defined through non association with the dregs of society, sequestration of earned income with very limited tax payments. My island paradise suits the lifestyle of elite people, libations, ocean food groupings and delightful feminine viewing.
    Today will be centered upon the Club and preparing for a week of travel and investment. The economic horizon looks haphazard at best so one must be vigilant. My breakfast is now served. To my wealthy friends enjoy to the others just do your job.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Abbv fraud
    #abbviemole

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LPL

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yes

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

no

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok, no

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Almost at the dock from a very enjoyable and profitable weekend. The interactive linguistic commentaries set the stage for an accumulation of wealth befitting one of my stature and cranial capacity. I won't go into details with the lower status population due to the fact that you wouldn't understand the academics. The world does require ditch diggers and delislingers! You serve a minor role in these positions.
    I will depart shortly for the Polo Club and a much needed Watneys and ting. Well enough verberage! Off to the races!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lousy pension means I work forever.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You will look as if you are working forever, nothing but a sloth!