Merck Pension

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Sep 18, 2015 at 4:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

is the Merck Pension going away soon?... How is that Cash Balance Account working out since 2013... Almost 3 years now... How can you tell how much is in that account?... Thanks for any help.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

if you were hired prior to 2013, the old pension is still going. If you were hired after Jan 1 2013 all cash balance. After 2019, everyone goes to cash balance.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Merck's pension is the biggest lie in the company. Unless you're a member of management, every effort is now focused on seeing to it that you receive as little as possible.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You won't be around long enough to qualify for a pension. Contract now, contract forever!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you are not 55 by 2019, you lose big time. Those in mid to late 40's with many years lose the most.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

sounds right. That was right about at the start of our downward slide. They should be happy to get anything at all. It's not like they earned it.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's actually not true. I know it's more fun to bitch and whine about all the ways your getting "screwed", but the pension is not one of them. I know the motto here is "don't let the facts get in the way of a good story", but having the correct information may help you stay better informed. There are tools and resources available to help you get informed, but you may need to pull your head out of your ass for a brief moment in order to use them.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you are actually in the company you can find out all about the real story by accessing your retirement plan website. Also, there is an upcoming webinar on the topic to separate fact from fiction.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've come to learn that every time some management hack tells me something, it turns out to be untrue. Don't believe for a mint that any Merck t/c is going to tell you anything that is an absolute. It will be true for the moment at best.

This company has lost all sense of moral behavior.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

agree

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sad to hear....

How we treat others says it all...

Keep them guessing is not the way to run any company...

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

N:D It's N:DT Stalk r

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Merck is not doing any other large pharmaceutical company or fortune 500 is doing to best keep solvent. Traditional pensions are too expensive. That's why your city, state, and federal workers keep getting the max with the most expensive insurance carrier. Because, you, the taxpayer are paying. All orchestrated by the democrats for big programs. Of course.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey...free social trinkets and cushy programs mean votes!

Look at the Bernie fans....its how the dems get and keep their fan club going!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The company leadership are way over paid. That is a good place to start cutting. Merck has plenty of money. Actually, too much cash. Stop wasting on stupid worthless acquisitions.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Look back proves this to be true...some people who cared to look at their estimates saw them shrinking from estimates of past years. What you thought you were getting is rolled back..
    Bizarre. What's that all about?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lump sum goes down when interest rates go up. Annuity stays the same.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wrong, if you track you might see the annuity changed. My annuity projections dropped hundreds a month over the last few years.. I want to know when it will go back to the expected amount. Work more, get less?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Welcome to the New Merck.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

soon they'll get rid of benefits all together