Medreps.com

Discussion in 'Job-Seekers' started by Anonymous, Jun 6, 2008 at 10:14 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Career Solutions International and Suzette DiMascio is a company without much ethics. I would be careful dealing with recruiters from this company. A few years ago they tagged me for several months on sales opportunities with Medtronic. It turns out that they never really had the positions but someone named Tim kept calling me. Also, it seems that companies such as US Oncology are turned off from using this group becuase of the owner and as they described, her bi-polar behavior.

Just my two cents.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is what I am seeing too. There are no longer any good oppportunities in Medreps. There are a lot of people who are looking to get into Medical / pharma sales who have no experience and they have diluted the resumes therefore no decent recriter of company posts here anymore, too many unqualified candidates. I also see recruiters posting fake jobs on Medreps to build their resume funnel. I think it is funny people look down on phamra reps, I wouldbet on average they make much more than device/med surge/capital equipment reps. They get a bad rap but make much more money than the more glamorous sounding jobs.

3. King2

King2 Guest

I have heard about a new medical job board called MedCaddie. Sounds like a solid business niche - even though the site is still under construction. Just an FYI...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I want to cancel my membership but they just billed me today, for another 3 months. Does anyone know how to call them to discuss this? I don't want another 30 days billed to me.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are your thoughts on Pain creams there is alot of money in that!!! That has got hot!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I completely agree. This site/service is a scam and someone should take action against them. They have misrepresented themselves and many of the "opportunities" posted.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True!
    I am a recruiter at a agency firm and we all post on medreps.com among our other sourcing strategies. I will say that 90% of the resumes I get are nowhere near qualified for the position they applied for. For the 10% that are, they get a call right away. For the small portion of the 90% that may be qualified for another opportunity or are a solid candidate that will be a possibility for a future opportunity, they will be called also.

So to address the 80% or so of you that are applying blindly to ads without reading the pre-reqs - don't expect to get called. Recruiters are paid a fee to find a specific profile of candidate. if you match that you should be getting a call. If you don't you won't! That simple.

Every ad I have ever placed was for a job that had a signed placement agreement. I would say 1/3 of the candidates we place, as an office, come from a medreps response.

Recruiters are tasked with finding the cream of the crop in the sales industry. If you change jobs every 3 years or less, are not in the top 10 or 20% of your company and can prove it, do not have the relevant experience or live outside the territory by a substantial distance you are not in the group that will get called.

Like a previous poster commented - for the same position - I have had a 7 year produce clerk from Publix with no degree apply for an OR position needing 5 years experience in orthopedic trauma. That same ad also generated a response from one of the top Synthes ortho reps in the country.

I can't speak for other agencies that post there, but we post legit jobs and place people from medreps. At the same time i have to ignore 80% of the resumes that come in.

Hope that helps!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Medreps.com use to be legit but not any more. The leads or jobs posted are almost always recruiters collecting resumes, or maybe even fake jobs that MEDREPS have "invented" themselves.

It has not been legit for years. I don't know anybody who has ever posted a job on here from a company.

DONT SPEND THE MONEY!!!

9. #89 Anonymous, Jun 11, 2014 at 3:03 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2015 at 12:20 PM
    Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What an idiot! MedReps doesn't have to post fake jobs. If you believe that, you are a dunce. Your comments are laughable.

MedReps has been around for 15 years, and is still the granddaddy of job boards for finding a medical sales job. Other than this site, Gorillamed is the up-and-comer in my opinion. I have two device sales buddies who recently got jobs with a hot start-up company from Gorilla.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great comments. I've been a hiring manager and recruiter. The only thing you forgot to mention is how many candidates call or email saying "they are perfect" for the opportunity.

As a manager, I never had a last place rep that wasn't convinced that they were my best rep and as a recruiter, I've never worked on an opening in which every candidate didn't think they were perfect for the job. Candidates need to remember that recruiters work for the client, NOT the candidate and that clients are INCREDIBLY picky.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is a scam. They post and renew old jobs that are long since filled. They find the exact jobs Indeed finds. Or if they have a unique job, which enticed me to join, it isn't a real job when you contact the company. Total waste of time. They prey on people desperately seeking a job.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My experience with medreps a few years ago was just fine, applied to a few legitimate jobs and went through the interview process, some didn't like me, and I didn't like some of them but there surely seemed to be real recruiters and jobs there.

For those saying the website is no good, what else would you recommend using? I've been in the industry for a good number of years and currently in a situation where I want to get a feel of what might be available to me these days, as I haven't looked in years.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This response is 100% spot on. It's the same non-responsive recruiters- they are the worst of the worst. I saw jobs on there to see supplements to flipping chiropractors. Even searching by region you only get 6-8 postings. I don't see the purpose.
    But if you see a company name, get on LinkedIn, find your contact, and search it that way. It's the only value I see.

Lastly, recruiters generally have no interest in candidates & don't treat you with respect. This is even worse on MedReps.