Medreps.com

Discussion in 'Job-Seekers' started by Anonymous, Jun 6, 2008 at 10:14 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i used medjobsinc.com. I got 4 interviews in the last week set up. got tired of medreps and all the fake jobs.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No you didn't, JOE ODAK! Quit scamming people out of their money. Why did you change the name from healthsalesreps.com to medjobsinc.com? The job listing on this website are not legit!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

look here is the deal, I got pissed off at medreps scamming me after 3 months and charging my card again. They say 3 month membership and then recur bill you. Do not get caught in this scam. It is all over cafepharma.

Anyways I gave medjobsinc a try. it worked, they do not allow recruiters to use it. Only companies post positions there and you apply to companies. I also made sure beforehand and there is no recur billing with medjobsinc

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, you (medjobsinc.com, used to be healthsalesreps.com) go to medical company's websites and copy and paste their job listings to your website. Then scam people out of their money. Nobody has ever got a job from using this website. Most people try to get their money back.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How do you know that Joe Odak owns these 2 websites? It seems pretty odd that a Recruiter would own a website that doesn't allow Recruiters to post positions.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone get the feeling that all these posts are by the job boards themselves fighting over us. All they do is compalain about each other.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

just read all the emails listed above, obviously it is the job boards going at it

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

that's all it is, job boards r fighting over our money

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Joe Odak,

Why didn't you answer my question? "Why did you change the name from healthsalesreps.com to medjobsinc.com?"

Let me guess....people are picking up on the scam?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know why you try and knock dowm medjobsinc. You are either a recruiter who is worried about them taking your business or one of the recruiter run job boards. I apply directly through medjobsinc and will at least be told if I get an interview or not. Can't say the same about recruiter and recruiter run job boards

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Medreps is as good as your Resume. There's plenty of great jobs posted, but it's like any other job site where tons of people apply. If your Resume is good, you'll have 4 calls the next day from recruiters.

Personally, I have started there for my last 2 job searches over the past 7 years and it's gotten me the job I wanted. If you don't like the jobs posted it will at least get you in contact with recruiters who may have other positions they're working on. It will also let you weed out which recruiters you like and dislike.

IMO, it's worth the 1 month fee and then you can just cancel your membership. If you're not getting responses, than the problem is your Resume not the site.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most responses in this thread are from obvious wannabee medical sales reps who have no business on the job boards anyway! All of these boards have legitimate jobs for QUALIFIED SALES REPS (get it?) If you are not a successful medical sales rep, you are wasting your money! but that does not mean that these job boards are a "scam". They are one of many tools that any knowledgeable medical sales rep engases to assist him/her in a job search. Nothing more....nothing less.

The best for the money are MedReps and GorillaMed. If you are not experienced, however, save your money!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MedReps is not bad, actually. I've tracked down jobs with Stryker, Intuative Surgical, Lifecell and other compoanies using the site. Just google the email of the recruiter provided after you send in your resume to find the website of the first he/she is with. Give them a few days to respond to you naturally and if they don't (or you just simply want to be aggressive), use their websites to find their phone numbers and give them a shout. Keep in mind how manyemails thes recruiters get. You have to find a way to dig through the pile and find yourway to thir attention. For $30 I'm happy to have access to a few more leads.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did you know that 50% of Stats are made up?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Medreps has been around for over 10 years. I have been a member previously, and still think it is a good site PROVIDING YOU HAVE A STRONG RESUME. If you are a wannabee medical salesman with no good experience, you will not be happy with this site.

Personally, there is a newer site that I like even more than MedReps. It seems to have more legit jobs, and less crappy ones. It is called GorillaMed.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't waste your money.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I tried it just incase... and they keep auto-renewing my account and drafting the money out of my bank account. I have tried to cancel, and although they sent an email verifying my cancellation, keep taking my money! I have tried calling and can't ever get anyone live on the phone. I'm going to have to change my bank account number to get it to stop.
    Ridiculous.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone ever heard of " Chris Detrick"? He says his company is Lifegen Tech, but when I called Lifegen... they said they NEVER heard of him and he didn't work there. Has anyone else gotten a call from him?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

www.medicalsalesunion.com

It's a new, completely free service, much better than LinkedIn because it's specifically tailored to our industry. Sign up and check it out, if you like it email to coworkers. The more people on there the better for us all.

20. Re: Medreps.com password

I joined this site and my password did not work. So I requested a reset! It is two days later and NO response. I have made at least 10 request via their site. If they can't get this right, how do they post a job correctly or anthing else. RESET or I JUST WANT A REFUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!