Medline sucks. Just a stepping stone to bigger and better things.

Discussion in 'Medline' started by Anonymous, Jul 19, 2005 at 2:06 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
?

RFuROSWP

1. rlYXkYJwUUBvjGuB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. JFUJpbRsZoNJYNYDh

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

best of luck to you.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While at a trade show I learned Home Healthcare Solutions is hiring sales reps. They market a patient-direct Medical Supply Management Program servicing only home health and hospice agencies. One of their clients told me how great the company is and how they take care of their employees. Check them out @ homehealthcaresolutions.com

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quite possibly the best post of 2008-2009. Nailed it 100%.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Medline is very much like the Chicago Blackhawks. They have owners who have had success in the market, but, can't see past their own ego's because of the sucess. They are comfortable now. they need a passing of the old guard, start to streamline, get rid of the static and stagnant. But, unfortunatley, that takes balls and they have hired too many followers, and perscute the leaders.

Big titles should be tested, not Middle Managment and employees.

Bill Wirtz passed away over a year ago...Look at the Blackhawks now.
    New Big Title management and they kept all the employees.
    In this economy, it makes sense to trim the Fat....the fat is behind the big desks.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These pro and con posts are very interesting. Personally, I think Medline sucks too, but I'll leave it at that. So, does anyone have any opinions on companies that WOULD be good to be a sales rep for?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You guys can bitch and moan all you want, I am on my way to making 120K this year and I have only been here for 3 years! Medline provides the opportunity, you just need to grab it. My manager is very supportive. He helps me make money...money that most of you non Medline folk will never see.

Stop the bitching and leave if you are unhappy.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

120K, congrats, I am sure you have reached all your life goals. The thing is, when you leave Medline, you find out that 120K in 3 years is below average. But the real kicker is, you find out that you can make twice the money and deal with half the headaches. You have to jump through so many hoops and deal with such BS to earn 120K. I was content with Medline too, and then my eyes were opened to what else was out there. The best advice I can give anyone at Medline, don't stay too long, more then 3-4 years and it actually will hurt your chances with other companies. Go talk to a few of those reps that have been around for 10+ years, what you will find is they wanted to leave, but can't. The other thing you will find when you talk to those reps, they can't make the same money they did 7 or 8 years ago. Medline will change your payment plan, so that your 120K will only be 105K in a few years, then it will be 95K. You have to work twice as hard to keep earning the same amount you are making now.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I did, and it is better then I could have ever imagined. Sorry to visit your Medline site here and bring bad news. But part of me feels obligated as a former kool-aid drinker. I know they say the grass isn't always greener, but really in this case, at least for me, it is much greener! Good luck all!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

really is a good base to learn from- then move on to better things

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great example comparing them to the Blackhawks....feeling pretty stupid now? Medline surpasses $4billion in sales this year and the Hawks are in the Stanley Cup finals....another great blog by an ex Medline rep who has all the answers. Apparently "those followers" are doing pretty well right expert?

QUOTE=Anonymous;2992809]Medline is very much like the Chicago Blackhawks. They have owners who have had success in the market, but, can't see past their own ego's because of the sucess. They are comfortable now. they need a passing of the old guard, start to streamline, get rid of the static and stagnant. But, unfortunatley, that takes balls and they have hired too many followers, and perscute the leaders.

Big titles should be tested, not Middle Managment and employees.

Bill Wirtz passed away over a year ago...Look at the Blackhawks now.
    New Big Title management and they kept all the employees.
    In this economy, it makes sense to trim the Fat....the fat is behind the big desks.[/QUOTE]

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nobody feed this troll anymore.
    This fucking post is five years old - give it up already.

[/QUOTE]

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But, at least Medline is #1 in Nitrile gloves?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone who is anyone knows Medline is a sh*t company!There are a few reps doing OK but Medline for many years was a company that was a stepping stone to other more profitable legit career opportunities!
    Actually alot of reps have second jobs!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Medline is a joke in the alternate site market........PSS, Cardinal, McKesson, and Schein are the real players.............Medline???Medline???please!!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PSS, Cardinal, McKesson, and Schein? Wait, aren't these all Medline customers?

16. Who agrees medline sucks? Say I!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If it sucks, fine. At least take a moment to provide examples, back-up, etc..

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about S-frt on National Accounts? And making no commissions to boot?

How about getting a quota adjustment when they sign a Nationa Account, but no quota adjustment when they lose the same National Account to Twin Med?

ECT........ECT.......ECT.......

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bump bumpity bump

There are much better places to be than at Medline. The company has really taken a nose dive since they lost HPG and the lawsuit. Use to be a place that I was proud to be a of, not anymore. There are some shady things going on here.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lots of anger in the post, and yet lots of enlightened individuals. Medline is different than a lot of companies, but the same in quite a few areas. The posts about pay being fluid and inconsistent are spot on. I am a GL sales rep for the past 4 years and have seen some good years ($200K) and some bad years (80K). There is no question that the sales reps are required to work harder and are required to do more than most, which can be tiring and not rewarding.

But my main point is that any job can be either a joy or a pain based on your manager. I have had great managers that have been motivating and wonderful, and I have had a manager that is self serving and tries to use fear and pressure to inspire. I think that you find that in any company, but it is very evident at Medline. The good managers help you hit your number and make sure your quota is not crazy.. The bad managers try to micro manage you, and degrade your performance.

I consider myself a very good salesman, and I am not complaining. If I was a sales rep looking for a job, I would contact reps in the territory to see how the manager really is. Some will give false info because of fear.. but the most will give you an honest answer in my opinion.

Good luck to those looking for a job.