Medical Device Territory Sales Salary?

Discussion in 'Cardinal Health' started by anonymous, Dec 12, 2016 at 11:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hi everyone-

I'm interviewing for a Medical Device Territory Sales position at Cardinal Health. I've read many of the posts on this page, as well as other sites, and have yet to find common ground on the base salary for this type of position, excluding commission. From what I've seen, some people report ~$35k/year as a base, whereas others say that the base salary is ~$60k/year.

I know many people are against sales positions at Cardinal, and include their opinions in their responses, but sometimes you just need a job. I would like to have an estimate so I can be in a position to negotiate. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you are currently interviewing you should already know this. They communicate the position's compensation with you on your 1st phone interview with HR.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In my experience, they gauge how much they think you're worth, then offer you at that range. There is no negotiation after the offer. I tried, and I came in with considerable experience.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hello - they did not communicate this during the first interview, which is my reason for the post. Do you have an answer to my question?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you need a job, Cardinal is ok at best, but most reps are gone within 2 to 3 years. There are just too many better companies to work for to keep you here for much longer. If you're lucky to work for a really gifted RM, the job can be a good experience. With sales experience you could expect an offer as high as 110k Target Compensation (base of 60 plus commission). what part of the country is the opening? It's important to research the hiring manager as quite a few of them are poorly qualified to manage anything, including a wet dream, while others have reputations as backstabbing douche bags you'd want to avoid. Good Luck