MC Demoted

Discussion in 'Orapharma' started by Anonymous, Feb 26, 2015 at 6:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL. Coggin got demoted...finally. Too little too late though. The ship has alread sunk with that captain at the helm.

"These moves provide both Matt and Josh an opportunity to gain experience in leading different functional areas of the business that will support their ongoing career development and also provide novel approaches regarding how we best commercialize our set of products with our customers in an evolving business landscape."

Hahaha. Riiiiiiiight. Gotchya Steve. You bet. NO problem. Nobody goes from a National Sales Director role backwards down to a Marketing Director role by choice. I may have been born at night...but not last night, Steve.

Good luck Josh. Hope you brought your life preserver and a bucket. Start bailing.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow! Karma perhaps?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't need to dig a hole for Matt, but what about the other side? Did Josh manage Sales before he came to Ora?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And now we all laugh! We all expected him to get canned but this is better! My guess is that he'll be gone before the next meeting to avoid all of the awkwardness that comes with getting your stripes ripped off your uniform in front of your whole company. Go get em, Matt! Now we can ignore you even less, you bag of fecal matter.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trading places

Matt is lucky he got .....promoted? Is that what they are calling it? Usually they just fire you for poor performance. As I recall that's how Matt Handles it. I hope when I get put on a plan they give me the option to trade places. I'll just pick a territory!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone tell me how many people have come and gone through marketing? They are more expendable than we are. HAHA, I love it! They clearly want him to quit so that they can save on his severance package. Well deserved! I hope the RM's are next for a major house cleaning.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Trading places

They are saving on his severance package and hope he quits. How can he show his face? What a huge embarrassment it must be for him. How's that humble pie in the face?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The managers are next.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

managers are next to be what...switch positions with other managers?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Worse! Demoted back to the field as EAMs or SAMs so that 2 or 3 regions will now report to 1 person. Or just eliminated altogether.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Think about this- josh is a marketing guy, now in charge of sales. Matt was a sales guy, now in charge of marketing. Marketing was a department of 1(Josh), who really F**ked up the 1 launch we had last year. Does anyone really think Josh is qualified to do Sales? Or Matt to do Marketing? They will build a layer between Josh and RMs, but you still have a guy running sales that has ZERO experience.

Time to look elsewhere

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think this is all that accurate. I agree that Matt sucked but he was promoted on lies and deceit without gaining the necessary experience along the way. Janet & Roger were the ones on borrowed time who promoted him without really knowing him. Josh has way more applicable sales experience than Matt ever had. My hope are higher today than at any point in the last 4 years.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Worse than getting fired, I believe.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dumbest post ever! 2 new rd spots just got approved. O

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not for us. Hope he doesn't quit before the next meeting so we can that deer in the headlights look.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MC must have known what was coming for awhile because he effectively removed some pretty good RM's (CR, CV, KY) and began replacing them with new "RM"s who are even more vicious, degrading and f***ing clueless than he is. And so the legacy of MC and the fall of OraPharma continues on...

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't talk with him and not feel that he's lying through his teeth. His demotion is going to further expose his ability to bullshit people.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Felt that way when I interviewed with him and every day since.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A plague on both your houses!

Management and labor at this company are screwing themselves while trying to screw each other! So glad I got out while the getting was good, up yours OP!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not the one that posted this but I see the point. It's not that dumb at all. The point is that if a radical decision to flip flop Josh and Matt can be made with the idea that it will make a difference, what's stopping them from making other decisions like it. Getting 2 spots approved means nothing. Could be 2 people with experience managing 12+ territories leading to some of us being axed.