Mary Szela Retired

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, May 29, 2012 at 2:34 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Retired as of May 31st....this Thursday. If she is getting the heck out of dodge then that it very telling.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting notice too...I always thought GSMS stood for "God Save M*** S****"!

Is this the beginning?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I find it strange that it is immediate....this Thursday. I think the split is getting close.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

She should have been fired years ago.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mary's husband is an executive with CDW, no financial worries there. Plus she has young children at home, youngest about 6 or 7. She's not working for the money.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The timing is suspect

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Timing is everything. A stitch in time...well, you know the adage. She may know something we don't yet know, and is getting out in the nick of time. What's that now, a couple of far upper management types to announce retirement in the last few weeks? Better heed the warnings I think.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. She was true blue Abbott and I did not envision her leaving the company until she was older. She is only 50.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There will be a conference call this Friday morning

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

National? All divisions?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard she was forced out. she messed up buying a 100 million kidney drug and some others as well. she should have been fired years ago she was never qualified to do anything anyway. I know, i work in that department.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And you know they gave her a big fat package. All of us close to retirement, who are leaving soon to keep our benefits (after 9 months they still have assured us nothing) we will receive nothing in the way of severance.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually her husband was a salesman at CDW and a stay home dad....

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This should get her the CEO job at LLY. At least she didn't waste 6billion smackers.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NO - she was fired!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

D R E E V E S spread the rumor she was involved with Miles.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And still a babe at 50 if I don't say so myself.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doubt it

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

She got everything she wanted and has a new job all lined up.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Miles protected her for all too long. Not sure what was going on with them but she was given promotions that was not earned. There are a few MBAs out there in management that don't have a clue that are scared shi& less now the company is splitting. Mary is only the first to go. Look to see a few more high placed females to leave soon.