Mannkind Partnership To Sell Afrezza

Discussion in 'Amplity' started by anonymous, Apr 29, 2016 at 6:56 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

71 new job openings to sell this paradigm changing diabetes drug. Has anyone heard anything about it ?:)

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

phone screens starting soon w/ start dates mid June

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

just got contacted by a recruiter recently...wasn't really interested in getting back into pharma...access is soooo bad in my part of the country...but upon doing some research and chatting with a few friends that are t1d and t2d...i have to say it sounds interesting for sure! i am a bit cautious as it's been on the market for over a year and hasn't gained any traction. it seems like it would be a gamble...the product could continue to languish and the contract would be over by the end of the year. or it could take off and open a lot of other possibilities. could go either way. i will have to let the size of the territory, comp package and company culture guide the way.
    good luck to all!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Product is a dog....woof, woof. I guess a paycheck is better than nothing, but don't count on this being the next big thing. If it was they wouldn't be turning it over to 71 contract reps.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This drug sounds good to sell at first look but I do see obstacles. Sanofi tried for >1year to be Mannkind's exclusive marketing agent and had only $7million in 2015 US sales (a huge loss and total disaster). Now they're trying Pub T'point.

My research shows that it will more than double insulin costs with almost always the patient paying all the increase. Also, There's a big clinical issue with dosing: different patients absorb the med differently so there's a significant repeatability issue. Furthermore the way a patient absorbs drug changes over a short period of time: this can easily lead to over or under dosing (which is a BIG concern in insulin delivery).

And before doc can even write the Rx, the patient must pass spirometer test; most doctor's offices don't even have this machine. There are other issues as well. So, bottom line: it's tough to predict how hard it will be to sell this; my guess is probably no better than yours.

To anyone who takes this job : please follow up and post your thoughts on this job turns out, thanks and good luck to all !

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To the last poster, Sanofi DID NOT try, their attempt was hardly an effort and most see it as a intentional sabotage. Did you ever see any advertisements? Did you happen to see advertisements of their (at the time) simultaneously released drug, Toujeo? TV ads, magazine ads and internet ads galore. In terms of the dosage issue, if you are diabetic, I highly recommend reviewing the ADCOM accounts and track their ongoing progress. (e.g. Sam Finta) It is important to note that their advocacy is uncompensated and genuinely described as life-changing. It has also been categorized as the only Ultra-Rapid acting meal-time insulin, almost perfectly matches natural human insulin kokinetics. I recommend you look up Afrezza Pharmakokinetics and see the comparison. This ultra-rapid characteristic reportedly reduces the risk of hypo events. Lastly, look it up on twitter, users are reporting A1C hemoglobin levels NEVER seen in diabetics, can you imagine what a relief that is for the body?? Please, anyone involved, please do follow-up. I am personally interested in how this can help normalize the lives of diabetic loved-ones. Back to my original thesis, the threat to existing, archaic regimens is real, imo the attempt to kill it was made, this is by all accounts (for or against) a disruptive regimen, time will ultimately tell, but it is beyond shameful if the money-gravy train of existing diabetes treatment is preventing the expansion of better products..

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

your so full of crap.... for your sabotage theory to be true means that a directive would have gone out to the field to sandbag selling/marketing efforts, didn't happen

hey poster, news flash, the moon landing wasn't filmed in a studio & the earth is round

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are a total screw up. You have no idea that Afrezza hasn't taken a price increase since it was approved yet the competition took up their prices 40%+ compounded over the same time period making Afrezza not as expensive as you estimate... Besides to get the insulin that is taking 20% price increases into your body many patents have to spend another 7-10K on an insulin pump and supplies. That is expensive and the patient pays the insulin, needles, sets, pump, doctor visits etc. Look at the whole patient and what they go through. I encourage you to call the doctors and ask them if they got a detail on Afrezza…hard to find any in the last 9 months who can recall a detail…Afrezza has more predictable dosing dose to dose than a patient injecting especially through adipose and scared tissue. Doctors are one of the biggest obstacles, but that is why 75% of their patients aren't at goal because they don't listen to their patients needs.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

any ideas on base salary, bonus and if this comes with a car or mileage reimbursement?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Base at least 100k. Bonus is 30k at target. 20-30k signing bonus depending on experience. Car allowance is 800/mo + .55/mile. Good luck!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yea right

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

methinks you've been SMOKING insulin

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard 80,000 base- 800 car and 25 % bonus

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i heard same

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Have these positions been filled?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No, the positions have not been filled. They are at the final interview stage. Salary sounds to be about 70k (max), bonus is vague, 700/month plus a gas card for car.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How long did it take for you to hear back after the computer taped interview?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard back after 2 business days. I have such mixed thoughts on this position. I would love to hear what others are thinking.