Lundbeck 2016: Thoughts & Predictions

Discussion in 'Lundbeck' started by anonymous, Dec 19, 2015 at 7:23 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yup add Lundy to the list of same ole robotic big pharma companies. Glad you figured that out.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My prediction for 2016 - more big pharma crap! Otsuka has dumped a bunch of metrics on us, not to mention tying our hands with the sample situation. Will that make us better? Yet some people will perform and the rest of us will be compared to them like we don't know our market. This drug is a $900/month dog and has nothing to beat Abilify. I sold Abilify and it offered something truly unique from what was on the market. Yes, Brintellix is going backwards with managed care and that is unfortunate because it is a different drug. Takeda knows that Otsuka is competing for the same patient, so mistrusts Lundbeck. More and more people will leave and people will be hired with no psych experience and no clue how to move share in the psychiatric market place.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very true post. It's a cost prohibited drug and nobody will want to pay 10x's more than what they can get generic Abilify for.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't think they realize, anywhere close, to how field sales morale is. From all appearances, this meeting will be basically a carbon copy of the last ones. Flipcharts everywhere, talking about everything that's NOT important to sales, stretching trying to fill out the day, etc., etc., etc. They cut out our cell phone reimbursement, lunches, samples, ASM's with only a handful of reps, and then we spend a small fortune on a meeting! A friend of mine who is a DM with a major pharma company, has 12 reps! Talk about waste giving a manager only 6 or 7 reps!

Oh well, let's make the best of it while we work here. We are Big Pharma, and there is nothing we can do to go back. A reorg is very likely within the next 12 months, and many of us may be out of a job. I am thankful to work here despite all the negative changes. I have bills to pay like everyone else. I will definitely do the best I can.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We got it the first time you posted about it. no need to keep posting this over and over. It's a violatile industry so keep the resumes updated and take it 1 year at a time.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So tell us old wise one.......how does one move share in the psych market vs other disease states?? You are so wise and elite!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Go in with a "me too" drug with worse coverage access and tell the docs to write it despite being 10x's the cost. You'll move share quickly!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

very true

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I predict that the Orlando meeting will go dow as THE biggest waste of time and money in Lundbeck history. The only good things were (1) the 2 MD presentations, (2) the Tuesday outing to City Walk, and (3) he ride to the airport.

Why was beta made to role the entire day on Thursday, while Gamma and especially, Alpha did nothing! We heard not a damn thing that will help us sell one more RX. They never addressed the real problems we face selling B and R, and thats piss poor managed care coverage

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Southeast beta breakout did nothing but role play the entire time. It was painfully obvious they had nothing of value to talk about, so we flip chart useless crap to take up time. Everyone couldn't believe what we were spending time on. I agree that it was laughable how they never mentioned the problems with managed care. The highlight of the meeting was Thase & Mattingly MD. Everyone seemed to really enjoyed the trip to CityWalk. We should have had a true half-day off to go to the parks. Some people had never been, but getting out at 3 PM made it impossible to go. All in all, I would rate the meeting a "D", mainly because we came away with nothing new to help us in the field sell more. I think it's to say that the meeting was like that of a Pfizer, Merck, or any other big pharma company. The two MD presentations, and CityWalk kept it from an "F" rating. Hopefully, this will be the last one this year! Fingers crossed!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nice summation of the week, and spot on. Friday was even more of a waste of time! We accomplished nothing whatsoever. If they send out a survey of the meeting, BE HONEST! Fill it out on your personal computer if that makes you feel safer.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It was shown on field rides that beta reps were not up on product/market knowledge for brex. Mgmt wants to ensure they are up to speed thus role plays were beta targeted at the meeting.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please do not make me laugh!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Denial is a bitch.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Orlando meeting should have proven to any doubters that Otsuka and Takeda run the show.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Total BS. Beta runs the psych show at Lundbeck. Alpha has never, nor will they ever, promote B. If management believes they do, then they are completely delusional. B and R bring in fr more than AM, and will continue to do so. Unfortunately, B has hit a wall because the morons at Takeda are not serious about it's promotion, as evidenced by the fact that it has the worst coverage/copay card of any branded product. If you look at R's coverage, it's even worse than B. This has all the makings for a disaster later this year.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Struck a nerve with somebody. Stroke of the day is back stroke... Lol

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Troll alert:
    Do you even work here? As original beta, we were trained far better on B than gamma ever will hope to be. We actually understand how the molecule works. Gamma was thrown out there to meet metrics for Takeda. To compare the two is laughable. Please go crawl back into your hole.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are a pompous dumb fuck! Smug bastard that thinks he has it all figured out! Alpha was hired first to kick off a Psych - then most if not all of the original betas were brought on board thru Alpha referrals. We sell Brintellix as 30% of our portfolio because we are account managers selling an injectible into hospitals and CMHCs. We have gotten Brintrllix on formulary at our hospitals which means free RXs for you in the territory! I don't need to justify our work to a little sawed off prick like you who is out there thumping his chest and wearing his men's small company shirt. Your self importance is only recognized by you. And for the record when we hit our #s this year Alpha will bring in around a million dollars per rep on our team- Lundbeck share - we are paying our way and making money for the company are you ? Don't think so!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Alpha gets 20 % of AM. Beta gets 45% of R. Gamma keeps 33% of B. Follow the money. It is Otsuka and Takeda bringing home the real dollars. Dont take yourself too seriously.