Lundbeck 2016: Thoughts & Predictions

Discussion in 'Lundbeck' started by anonymous, Dec 19, 2015 at 7:23 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well, 2015 is almost over, and 2016 will be here in a couple of weeks. 2015 was interesting to say the least, with key management leaving for greener pastures; our CEO getting fired and our new one firing a 1,000 people shortly after his hiring. Attrition from the original sales ranks is high to say the least. Our culture has definitely taken on a "Big Pharma" feel.

Where will we all be at this time in 2016? What changes do you predict will take place throughout 2016? Layoffs? Expansion? This should be interesting to see where you guys think 2016 will take us!

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL! PEACE TO EVERYONE!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sean Nolan will be coming back to lead us!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2016 prediction - a lot of vacancies at Lundbeck.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Salary adjustments will be given to any rep who is not satisfied with their base pay. Lmao

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I predict that this company will look nothing like it started out - it not only has a big pharma feel it IS big pharma. The leadership is lacking, there is no coverage for these products, the morale is in the tank and that is just the beginning. RUN AWAY in 2016

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My prediction is that sometimes in 2016 layoffs will be announced. Our CEO knows how to do only one thing, and that's take the easy way out by slashing jobs. Attrition will continue to increase. People have talked amongst each other, and the salary discrepancies are now out in the open. The animosity created by that, will feed the need to go.

One prediction that will prove to be 100% accurate, is that we won't look anything like we look now at the end of 2016.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree, but they are prob not going to have to layoff because we will lose 50+ AM's in the first couple months.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think everyone agrees that we are going to lose a lot of people in field sales next year. That could be part of their overall plan. Let attrition takes it's course.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As I read this thread, it reads just like any other big Pharma thread. I don't argue any of the rep posts but I will say Lundbeck is no different than working at any other Pharma company in this day and age. If you disguised the Lundbeck name as your employer, you could very easily be working for any number of different Pharma companies and have the same exact issues. I know it's frustrating but realistically pharma is Pharma and it's the old saying that you can try running from it but you can't hide from it. The lack of transparency by managers, the micro mgmt, the useless admin work... The list goes on and on...... It's all sucks but the damn golden handcuffs are tough to escape all due to the pay. To get out of this racket would involve taking a significant pay cut in most cases or taking years to go back and get another degree in school. Not impossible but unlikely for a 40 or 50 something year old to do. Sorry for the doom and gloom but it's the reality of Pharma sales today everywhere regardless of the company name.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yup every company gives the lip service to the reps how they are building something special at this company and the reps should feel special to be apart of it. Same old dog and pony show that has been worn out. Most upper mgmt people are retreads/cast offs from Abbott/Pfizer/Merck etc and have this old school Pharma model beaten into their heads from over the years.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lundbeck DM's are changing. Spreadsheets tracking useless information out the wazoo! Field rides every damn month! Unbelievably useless conference calls! I could have stayed where I was at, and dealt with this bullshit! I came to Lundbeck to get away from crap like this! I will definitely do what i can to leave in 2016.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lundbeck DM's are changing. Spreadsheets tracking useless information out the wazoo! Field rides every damn month! Unbelievably useless conference calls! I could have stayed where I was at, and dealt with this bullshit! I came to Lundbeck to get away from crap like this! I will definitely do what i can to leave in 2016.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You got that right! The useless BS has increased dramatically! Wait until 1/4/16! They will be screaming at us to do even more useless programs! OMG! It's not going to let up in 2016!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know what you are saying about DM's. I think it's because of pressure from above. If we start next year with the same horrible managed care coverage for Brintellix, and the same lousy copay card, sales will be flat at best. I won't even get into Rex's poor managed care situation. If they think a few lines in the PI (it will not be a new "indication") in re cognitive improvement will have a major impact, they are going to be extremely disappointed. It's old news to docs.

Let's all hope things will turn around, and Lundbeck will once again return to the company we all signed up for. Hope it's just not wishful thinking.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh it's very much wishful thinking. You should have dusted off your resume months ago.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All true, sadly. Turnover here has got to be way above industry average. You said you hoped things would change and go back to the "way we were", but it will never happen. You had better brush up your Excel skills, because you are going to have a tracker to track all of your spreadsheets you will be doing. The upcoming meeting will tell the tale, and set the tone for 2016. The real question for 2016, is when layoffs will take place, and how many will leave on their own by June.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have heard several ASM nightmare stories. They will soon be very commonplace as desperation sets in. Watch the insane rush to have useless programs on the books in short order. They don't take into account that our dozen + counterparts are forced to set up programs in the same territory that we have! They don't care that managed care coverage is pure crap, or that our counterpart DM's think we work for them, and not Lundbeck.

Think back for a minute to how it was when we first started. You will never see those days again.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am starting to hear stories about how certain ASM's are turning into big pharma nightmares. The very reason we left big pharma for Lundbeck, is fast becoming more and more common in lower management....micromanagement. JA needs to get a grip on this, and fast. Some people think that it's deliberate, in order to reduce headcount. I personally don't believe that. I think it's just former big pharma DM types who cling to the big pharma management style.This will only cause more people to leave.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

JA and GJ need to get ahead of this problem of micromanaging asms. The few insecure guys will drive people to leave with their big pharma dm of beginning reps management