Looking to break in am I making a mistake?

Discussion in 'Job-Seekers' started by Anonymous, Feb 13, 2008 at 1:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is what I have been told as well.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not wise?? It is just absolute complete non-sense. Tell me one career in the U.S. that you can work in without training or education.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Certification does not me a license. A degree is not a license either. Just a bunch of stupid people on this blog.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Finally, someone is making sense here.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know where I can get more info on this??

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would take it at the college if it is more convenient for you.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great to hear!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ditto

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As an experienced pharmaceutical sales rep for over 13 years I would highly recommend the CNPR program to anyone looking to enter a career in pharmaceutical sales. The CNPR is certainly industry recognized and accredited and available at over 300 colleges / universities.

Consider these characteristics for CNPR graduates:

1. They are often as or even more capable of complex learning of new pharmaceutical products than non CNPR reps..

2. They CNPR program trains entry level reps industry pharmaceutical sales skills best from pharmacology education and a focus on real-life problems.

3. They often do not work to their potential in the relatively abstract-linear environment of traditional classes.

So, not having vocational or career learning options is a major disservice to the industry in general and certainly hampers a person chance of working in the industry.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A few years ago one may have considered vocational programs a waste of time as anybody could find employment as a forklift operator for example. Nowadays however, a majority of employers do not have time to employ individuals with no prior training and then train them on the job. This has made it almost mandatory to get vocational education. Those who are lucky to get employed without prior training have the disadvantage of receiving lower wages than other reps.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One other advantage that comes with vocational training is that it does not really look at one's age like professional career education. For example, if you are 45 years old, it is practically futile to begin a medical degree as it is a long path to success. Vocational training on the other hand can be done by individuals as young as 21 or as old as even 60 years of age.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is basic common sense, I agree.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You don't need any stupid fucking CNPR or other certifications. This shit is posted across message boards all over the web. These fuckers are scamming people out of money. They even pose as third party recruiters. You apply for a job on a job board and then a "recruiter" emails you saying that you need one of these certifications before you can proceed. Take a look on the web. These same canned responses are everywhere. Some dick head will post something, log in under a different name, and then answer his own fucking questions. If someone tells you that you need these certifications you tell them to go fuck themselves.

Find an entry level posting by a reputable company. All you need is good B2B territory sales experience and a bit of luck. That's it

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So whats the starting salary in pharma sales on the west coast? I am near San Diego. Any ideas guys?

15. #115 Anonymous, Dec 15, 2014 at 2:20 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2017 at 8:42 AM
    Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

15 year vet here, and your post is total BS.

It comes down to fitting a profile OR knowing the manager or knowing a favorite of a manager on this inside.

Now that I am out, I can tell you that it was all a waste of time. Terrible job. I would not recommend it to anyone.

However, the only exception is a very small where you an manage your own territory.