Life After Pharmaceutical Sales

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Jan 24, 2012 at 3:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Enjoy being a greeter at Costco when AZ dumps you (if they already haven't).

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Enjoy your deluded generational conspiracy theory Nutbag.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nothing prevented me from having relationships for the sake of relationships. In the current environment, reps try the personal relationship as a means to an end, with an agenda. This was once a respectable career, and physicians trusted reps as a resource. Reps are now just disposable commodities, valuable only to the extent they can transport an ipad (message device) to an audience that couldn't give 2 sh#ts. LOL. My nephew has been in the biz for 4 years, and wants out because "iPad holder" was not among his career ambitions. Kapeesh? LOL, You just don't know that you don't know how fun and lucrative the job used to be.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep. I used to do a few things with some docs outside of work, usually dinner. Now, forget it. I gave up trying a long time ago.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You complained first that the doctors used to call you to play golf, and you could form personal relationships, you say that's not your real issue. Now you say other "reps try the personal relationship as a means to an end, with an agenda."

It reads to me like YOU are the one who tries the personal relationship as a means to an end, and with an agenda, since you can still form the relationships, but don't. I think the missing dots to connect is that the pharma company won't let you expense the golf green fees or lunch.

You are a blind materialistic moneygrubber. Too bad the gravy train is approaching the station, even worse that there is no new ride in sight. Hope you saved some money.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! When I feel like I am struggling in my new job I come here and realize how grateful I should be for the opportunity to get out of pharma. OMG you people are marinated in fear and regret. Pathetic. Nasty. Thank you for reminding me!!
    Have a nice day!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You come here because of your own regret and make nasty comments. Your struggles in your new job, if you have one yet, compound your life of fear. You should be an internet blogger and sell advertising.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL..I knew you'd be back. Pay attention son. I left az on my own. My other business was and is more rewarding (hint: real estate). You have no experience to compare to, so the recent biz is all you've ever known. It's funny watching you try to analyze every word or phrase, rather than just see the face value which has also been similarly stated by other older former reps in this same thread. LOL, go on spewing and name calling.

Listen kid: I didn't expense golf outings and personal meals because my guests were actual friends. They weren't business outings until the real estate started getting busier. Good lord, what is your apparent obsession with demonizing veteran reps who are painting accurate pictures of how the biz has changed? Its box-checking to the Nth degree. I laughed at my nephews ipad..its so pathetic what the industry evolved to.

and yes, these days the club membership and meals are all itemized on tax returns as expenses for the real estate ventures. LOL, you sound like a junior in high school kid. I'm done here this is boring me now. Thread is life AFTER pharma sales..not "IN LOVE WITH pharma" as you seem to be.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HA HA! You've been served, junior! Dope.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow--I gather history wasn't your subject if you honestly believe that the recession of the 0s was WORSE than the Great Depression! Seriously. You would make me laught, if it weren't so disturbing. Awww, your poor friends have to rent? Try living in a Hooverville--sheesh. You're a dope.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This Recession May Be Worse Than the Great Depression
    http://www.moneynews.com/Elias/elias-Recession-Worse-Depression/2011/10/14/id/414439

The Great Recession Is Just Like The Great Depression
    http://www.moneynews.com/Elias/elias-Recession-Worse-Depression/2011/10/14/id/414439

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm 50 years old and have been out of pharma for 5.

You are one fucked up dude, I feel sorry for your children and their friends. Face it, asshole. You wrote that the relationships used to matter, and blamed the other guy for the fact that your relationships somehow aren't important anymore. You are false. Your relationships failed because they were false relationships.

And you are surely a liberal, based on this comment, quoted:

"I'm done here this is boring me now."

So you've said what you want, therefore, the conversation is OVER. You are not only false, you are a coward, unable to defend yourself. So everyone go away, right?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jeez man. You seem so angry bitter and unhappy

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is happening is that today's generation is graduating with college degrees and can't find their car in the parking lot. You have people walking around with liberal arts degrees from once reputable universities who can't find Washington D.C. on a map and couldn't multiply 30X 4 with a calculator. They think we fought the British in the Civil War and that we fought Russia in WW II. Hell they can't even carry on a conversation because their world is facebook, twitter and Clash of the Titans. They are over protected by helicopter parents and are incapable of surviving one their own. We have raised a generation dependent on their parents or others and are for the most part unemployable.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wa wa boo hoo! I am getting out of AZ and have 2 years was enough going back to device.

This job is a joke all you do is buy lunches and drop samples u don't sell anything and have no value.

To the guys previously posting on here who'd did this for 20 plus years.

You have had a 20 year vacation with a free car and lunch.

I love when the old timers go,down memory lane talking about golfing with doctors and spa days in the 90s or early 00s

That is not selling.

Good luck u big babies.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well I graduated from an Ivy League school and I do know that we fought the Germans in WW II. We declared war on Germany after they bombed Pearl Harbor on 9/11.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, at least your Ivy League degree bequeathed you some degree of knowledge of "Animal House"!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a dumb ass they are retired with millions they dont need to sell anymore

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's the key to my hotel room flush the dump in the toilet.....

Peter griffin