Let's keep count of the Oncology Reps that quit each week...

Discussion in 'Cephalon' started by Anonymous, Jun 9, 2011 at 7:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the doctors requested bearded clams and since you brought tube steak they won't be attending your lunch today, but the billing and charting staff will be down in a few minutes.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, if you're saying that reps have no impact, this will be a great way to see. After losing so many reps, there should be a downturn in sales, if reps make a difference. It may take a little while bc there is not branded competition counter-detailing.

To the person who made the jump from people are leaving to it must be due to lack of leadership...I think it's difficult to make that jump. There are other companies launching drugs, who are recruiting them; there is the Teva acquisition that may scare people... Give me some examples why current leadership sucks so bad. I don't think you can come up with specifics, other than you are disgruntled?

What about all of this off-label promotion...would leadership be better if they didn't have to fix what you did wrong?? ...or did leadership start promoting off-label before the field did? What was the view of leadership regarding using the Rummel study to promote front line before we got caught??

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You obviously do not work here. Thanks for the second-hand analysis. Go Troll Teva now.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You'd be surprised....

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There's no access in oncology offices and clinics anymore. Everyone on my team is faking their calls and going through the motions to continue receiving their paycheck in a dying profession. There's hasn't been any value in our efforts in the oncolgy offices for several years and we can't blame the customers for realizing this. I'll be at the beach again all day tomorrow getting a great tan and a great paycheck for accomplishing nothing. I can't complain and will milk this job as long as I can.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi MS!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Which managers are you talking about. That is probably BB's true strength. He hires great managers.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks Ben

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can't be serious........

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ridiculous statement..... I work for Cephalon but not in Oncology. A family member is an Oncologist. Many Oncologists.. "are just trying to treat the volumes of patients coming through their doors each day"... Not all of them but many value the information presented by representatives, simply because they don't have the time for review in many situations or need to be reminded of a quicker "starting" point for their own review. Many Oncologists value those representatives who can offer knowledge of the Oncology market place and can engage in a comprehensive discussion about his or her's problem of the day. Sorry, but I can't see my colleagues doing this. According to my relative, the best Oncology reps are those that have knowledge well beyond the product there are selling. In some cases wining a President's Club is about location and timing. Keep you jealousy to yourself please.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oncology is the toughest pharmaceutical sector a rep can work in....There are other specialties to work in where the call points are easier, pay is better etc.... don't be married to Oncology! Do not underestimate your value. There are other call points, like radiation Oncology, pathology in order to gain access.. One little message reminder could mean a ton of new patients treated... it happened in my territory and in a "no see" account. I was taken to the Oncologist by the pathologist ....Oncologist had never used Treanda in CLL before. Now he is rocking and rolling and I still don't have access...so what really is access?
    The access issues in my territory have been the same for 12 years, it's always been hard to access key docs etc...it's just gotten worse over the last few years but this is the nature of the beast..... Do not underestimate your value or skill set...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Idiot! What is your measurement stick? The majority of sales success in a lot of scenarios is location,timing.... You can land in a territory where most of the Oncologists are "cowboys" or happen to have done the fellowships in area of interest relative to your drug. It's better to gage a rep relative to his or her knowledge base. What does the rep know about the Oncology business, other cancer disease states, reimbursement, pathology-rad onc interaction etc.....
    I knew a rep who really didn't work , just had a great territory. The other rep is totally excellent and is really an Oncology consultant of sorts...this is my better rep. Provigil folks who were hired into Oncology over the last couple of years just don't have the overall knowledge of someone who has been hard core Oncology for several years selling in solid tumor, hem, supportive care etc...... Feel lucky you had the opportunity to enter Oncology here...you would not have had the chance otherwise..

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At our POA the bloated blonde from Compliance was on stage and asked the Jolly Green Giant from HR to defend the point that the lack of individual sales goals as not being associated with an effort to eliminate incentive for off-label promotion. The Jolly Green Giant, not understanding the premise from the bloated one, proceeded to support the notion that indeed the lack of individual sales goals was due to an effort to stop off-label promotion.

On the issue of calling on docs that continue to prescribe off-label, the Jolly Green Giant said "don't call on those prescribers". Of course, this just emphasized the fact that HR has no understanding of the Treanda marketplace. 99.9 percent of oncologists prescribe off-label in the form of combination with Rituxan or front line NHL.

I am not sure what is worse, the complete ignorance of the marketplace or the fact they make shit up as they go along.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We did not have the Jolly 'Gene' Giant at the west poa. But you are dead-on and do not have to do that silly sales simulation that someone thought would be motivational.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the funniest F'ing thing that I've ever heard!!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MS came late to the West POA because, instead of being with his people, he was sucking up to Cephalon and Teva Leadership at the Town Hall Meeting. God forbid he miss a chance to lick some leaders balls for the same of being with his people and potentially leading them. He'd get more respect if he gave up an opportunity to further his own career in order to be with his people. A true leader would have told his boss that this is a tough time and I NEED to be there with my sales force. Period.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not in sales so please excuse the naive question- if disincentivizing off-label promotion is not the point then what is the rationale behind the lack of individual sales goals?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one in management can figure it out as well.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10 more gone by end of July

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MS is horrible!