Left 6 Months Ago

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Jul 1, 2015 at 5:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best decision I've ever made. I was coasting at this company for 3 years and knew I couldn't spend another year gaining no experience and going through the motions. I'm not on here to rub it in anyone's face that life on the outside is better. It's really more about spreading the word that what pharma reps really do has very little meaning both intrinsically and extrinsically. Do yourself a favor and dust off your resume. Make something of yourself and stop riding this wave that keeps getting closer to shore.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, what are you doing now?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You slinging a lot of fries with those burgers?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hate to say it but this guy/girl is right. I feel the same way. Haven't learned anything new in years. Haven't actually sold anything in years. Too bad it's too late for me. I'd say anyone under 30 should get out while they still can.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are a PSS or a DSM then the only difference between you and the people working at McDonalds, is the amount of money you make. Actually the people working at McDonalds bring more value to their customers. They serve food that people paid for and you serve food for free. Go figure.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I get that its great not having to work to make semi-decent money, especially if you have a family. Aside from those people, I am speaking to those who are trying to build a successful career and have the time left to do so. Lets say sub-38 year olds (I know I'm being generous)

At some point you have to look deep inside and realize that what you're doing has no significant value to yourself, or to anyone else. When was the last time a pharma rep learned anything new that could be applied to another area of the industry? They aren't sales people like device reps are. The doctor didn't sign a contract for a PO. He signed for samples - and free food. They certainly don't have as good of a clinical understanding of anatomy and biochemistry as they will lead you to think.

Pharma reps are walking billboards. People who go in and read a script, if they get the chance. When was the last time a pharma rep felt good about what they do? Do they ever come home feeling good about accomplishing something? I know they don't. I did it for three years and got out to better myself and get that feeling of accomplishment back in my life.

I work much harder now than I ever did in those three years. I even started out with a pay cut. But let me just say that it felt good, even in the beginning while I was making $50k less than I did in pharma, I still knew that I was doing the right thing. Now I'm doing very well and love what I do. You could argue that I haven't worked a day since I left my pharma gig.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I left 3 years ago after 11 years, not by choice! I agree but not entirely. I'm now working for a competitor and LOVING it. I have a better drug and kicking ass. I think that if you are over 50 and are in pharma it is definitely a great place to be. Ill be well over 120k with a car and great insurance and 7% matching 401k. I cant speak for everyone but where I'm from those jobs are not easy to find in any industry.my spouse still works and bring in over 100k. Not bragging but we enjoy a good standard of living and are thankful to pharma.
    When you really think how easy you have it you should be too. Enjoy it while you can. It will not last forever. I only need it to last about 4 more years. :)

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I left AZ and went to work for smaller biotech and was happier but they were less stable.

Eventually I left the industry all together. Honestly I only miss the money.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I did nothing for 3 years but collect a paycheck. I double-dipped for 5 months until I just couldn't stand the a-holes I was surrounded by, then gave my notice. One paycheck is ok now! The good reps are looking; the lousy ones are hoping to survive. The worst rep I ever saw in 20 years actually thought she was good and when we had an opening on the ESS team she applied for it. My partner and I both assured her we wanted her on our team but in reality we torpedoed her because she is so toxic. She never figured out it was us. Life outside of AZ is wonderful without all the insanity!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Glad you left. Stay away loser.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Translation of above - The poster made you realize you really have little value and could never make this much money outside of Pharma. Your career choices are pretty limited and reading threads like this makes you reflect that you have very little to offer and being overpaid for talent you don't have. In reality by saying "Glad you left. Stay away loser." You let everyone know that instead of facing the truth, you want to try to suppress it. In reality, you are the real loser and know you are stuck at AZ or in Pharma.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yawn. Something new please....

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I like AZ and pharma. I'm well off financially and well rested.
    Stay away loser. Glad you're gone.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

McDonald's employees come home to trailer and smell like a grease pit...

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At least they have their pride:)

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And AZ employees sit in their cars and try to kill another 4 mind cell killing hours before it feels safe to cut out early for home. We endure the insulting comments from waiting room patients and the fat office administration cows. Our customers loath us as we prostitute our self respect for a lousy sample signature. Can you imagine inviting guests to your home, feeding them for free and providing them with parting gifts and then they laugh in your face and insult you for your efforts? That is the life of a PSS today. The only job more degrading is the DM who has to endure 8 hours of this shit or make up some lame excuse to cut out early.
    And McDs will be here long after AZ is a ghost of the past.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwnnnnnnnn..........

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wtf is a PSS? Clearly, you were fired and have no life. Get one, you queef.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Different title but same fucking boring ass brain cell killing job. Anyone who gets excited about this job is either mentally unstable or the most boring person in the world. Which are you?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Make 110k+ and just got back from the beach. Going to go jump in my AZ funded hot tub now with a craft beer and watch the sunset over my lake. It's more of a large pond actually, rather than a lake. But hey, it has fish in it. But that is for tomorrow morning. Man, its really tough being so bored.