Layoffs?

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Apr 30, 2015 at 11:38 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did they lay off just some of the MORP Managers or all of them? When did this happen?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are there open territories now in AST due to this reorganization or were they filled with the existing reps from hernia? I know there was recently a hiring freeze due to this realignment but I wonder if that has been lifted?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just wait until you see the new comp plan for AST....

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All of the West Zone RM's are gone...with the exception of the Zone VP. Surprising since I can't remember the last time she hit her number. Word on the street is that in the next week or two there will be additional reorganizations inside MORP affecting additional managers, as well as sales reps.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What happened to the reps under those RMs?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

About 80% of the reps were let go from MORP this week. A few were retained, but identifying why they were is a bit of a mystery. Doesn't appear to be performance or tenure driven. Completely random. The ones that were kept will essentially be assimilated into Nursing Care (diapers for all!), and were neutered from their best product, DL. DL was a big money maker with high margins. That was split and given to a vascular team that has no experience selling the product (makes perfect sense). Be interesting to see what's next after the Sharps division was dissolved, and most of MORP cut off.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

SO NOW WE ARE FORCED TO SELL HERNIA TACKERS?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? WE ARE GETTING A THOROUGH BEAT DOWN FROM ROBOTIC STAPLING AND NOW WE ARE BEING ASKED TO DO THIS.
    RESUME OUT & CONSIDERING COMPETITOR

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is a last ditch effort to justify the current size and structure of the AST sales organization. Major RIF and/or reorg comes next. Sell those tackers...

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hernia will be dissolved in the next 12-18 months. Mesh will go back to GSP as it was sold before. Stapling and energy is the future and will always be needed. For those that are hernia only....you better start looking. Heed my warning.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So you're job is all safe if you sell stapling and energy? I don't think so. MDT is gonna reshape AST in its own image eventually, and it won't matter which widget you're rep.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed. Stapling/Energy will be a safer place, not immune to change but that is the foundation of the company. Hernia will be dissolved in the next year, I have heard this from several higher sources. Immediate goal will be for any committed hernia account to start implementing stapling. Hernia will be wrote down in a heart beat for better pricing and compliance on stapling/energy. Just watch.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't plan on hanging out long enough to test any of these theories.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AST and GSP will merge in FY17 becoming a highly commoditized business unit. The new "AST" inside of MITG will be the robotics division. Reductions you see in FY17/18 are being made to accommodate the hirings that will occur when the robot is released. The robot won't go in any current divisions "bag".

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

whatever place has been a fucking shithole since the r*****s from valleylab took over and is only getting worse by the day

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Valleylab saved USSC

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Posted at 2:19am. Obviously acutely intoxicated.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Obviously! Unless posted from the west coast...

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not to worry. I'm sure a talented, team player such as yourself won't have any problems landing a better job.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

aint happening. don't worry

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone from the energy side loves a team player - it helps to minimize the exposure to remainder of the sales force that a prerequisite to be a Liggy rep is to have verifiable mental retardation