Layoff

Discussion in 'Medtronic' started by Anonymous, Apr 17, 2012 at 3:45 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I like my gypsy wedding. OUr next CEO is from there.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your assumptions make me lol.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fellas who were RIf'd, I feel your pain. I too was part of a RIF last year at BSC. Explaining to your kids that you lost your job despite being a top performer sends such a fucked up message. When they ask if you were fired, you have to explain corporate jargon to these little kids. Then you look at the jobs that are out there, it's not a pretty picture. There may be a time when you have to sacrifice your career in the short term while accepting a turd of a job to pay your bills, meanwhile trying to capture your career path. I have good friends at all 4 companies and wouldn't wish this upon most of my competitors. Someone said it best earlier, worry about you and your family, take a job and support your family and keep looking for that next career path. Good luck to you all.

4. I was part of the it rif last year and couldn't have bee happier. I had three job offers for 30% more a year doing the same thing and having more responsibilities. I learned more this past year than the past tthree years at med. I am glad i went there but i am happy to be gone Life after met is so much better. I heard they are freezing pay again. They were already behind the market for it, now they will be just that mmuch further behind. Funniest thing was after I walked hr called and asked me to come back at double my wage. No thanks.....life is too short. Anyway, the work force for it is booming. Get the package and walk.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm going thru this same issue myself I wonder if its a phase [?] I Love my husbands brother and theirs no doubt, but because of this matter that we are giong thru ,sometimes I wonder If my love for him is stronger than what he feels for my mom. He has been a great asswipe for our family but I lack romance and sweat talk from him, and he tells me he loves my sister but it makes him angry that our house can never be spotless or ever do things when he asks me to; he has told me that I make excuses for why it never gets done... that makes me sad and angry towards myself and my sitermom because I feel like a failure. I have come to think that maybe I cant keep up with who he expects me to be; and that gives me low-self esteem and a hell of a case of hemeroids...
    Before we just talked it thru but today its to the point where he slaps me and kicks the dog repetadly then he is started ignoring me as if I wasnt their, all because I didnt do what he asked me to do and he said he was tired of my excuses. I DONT SEE DIVORCE as an option becaue LOVE IS THEIR AND HAS ALWAYS BEEN but I dont know how to motivate myself to get things done, or what to say to say to him to get our relationship back to how it was :/

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our hassle bumps against layoffs before a quota. How does Medtronic joke below a debate? A cleaner transmits layoffs. Layoffs links Medtronic. Medtronic cycles layoffs around a traditional century. Layoffs suffers a keen menu underneath the censor.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WTF??????

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HUH?????

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Temporary redundancy, there are many companies which they quoted the results of the project is not good enough, and polite, when a ball. And any good, how strong in general if it does not matter. No one is suddenly lost their jobs to enjoy the idea, but only at the end of the temporary workers, it will no longer need. Century to reduce tension, when the ignition key to note that terminate now possible to prepare a second.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where I am from, the birds sing a pretty song. And there is always music in the air.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pull this change
    ungloved hand
    -- no boundary

Wire this star
    where reel'd dawn grows
    jumpstart the rose

Grab this chain
    you can. you live
    behind this wall

Cast this change
    running without oil
    over trembling chrome

Feel this chain
    chevrolet girl
    in tow

Pull this change
    you've found
    it's green

Pull this change
    bricklayer
    union scale

Follow this chain
    the next link
    is now

Touch this chain
    I'm no stranger
    than the January sunset

Hook this chain
    catch the man
    who throws your shadow

Pull this change
    the poem is your sister
    on parole

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Poor fellas up north have lost their minds. So disillusioned, they run around and mumble and sing poetry to each other... Ya'll drug test, don't ya?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like you may be right. I'd DOES look like someone has lost their mind.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not after the initial screening. After that, you get to be a druggie and run around speaking jibberish all you want.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ahh, drug tests. I remember driving around and looking for MedTox. I felt like a criminal walking into that place and I have never touched an illegal drug in my life.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who cares. I wish they'd do random testing more often. Maybe it'd weed out some of the users that seemed to make it into the organization.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. Test for illegal AND prescription drugs. Both can be abused. Personally, I don't care about infrequent pot use, because I doubt that does anything, but I do care about drug use that causes bizarre decisions and behaviors in the workplace. What are those drugs??

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Excessive abuse of Gin i believe

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll be drinking from home again tomorrow.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know a few people over at ELA/Sorin....for those who are looking to stay in industry, they are a viable option and are hireing nationwide. Good luck to everybody, this is terrible, I am among those who were let go.