Lawsuit Alert: Most of the employees laid off were women.

Discussion in 'Valeant Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Apr 15, 2016 at 12:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I behoove one of the victims of the layoffs to get a lawyer and sue Valeant.

The Regional Directors chose the employees who were laid off, and it is clear that the choice was not performance-related. Some of the highest-ranked employees were let go. But pay attention... most of them were women.

If I were one of the many women let go last week, I would hire an attorney immediately and sue those bastards for as much as you can get.

As for the rest of us, find a new job. This ship has sunk.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But aren't most of the people on the sales force women?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is extremely difficult to sue valeant. Could cost millions in attorney fees, and years of litigation.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

no lawyer is going to take that case. You would have to have a smoking gun of where there was actual evidence that the layoffs were based on gender.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I hadn't thought about it until now, and I know this is anecdotal, but the two people laid off on my team were girls, and now everyone left on our team are men. Even though the two girls did pretty well last year. And our manager is a man.

And everyone laid off in our region were women.

Yikes.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whoa, that's impressive deductive reasoning. Let me ask you a question: were the two people that were laid off part of the Derm1 and Acne3 teams? Do ya think that may have had more to do with it than gender? I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that many of the folks on those two teams "did pretty well last year", yet they've been laid off. And they were not all women. The shit you read on this site is semi entertaining, but rarely factual.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really, a derm rep is about as marketable as a Van Halen jersey with mustard stains from 1987. You dress up in your Sunday best because you spend more hours in the week shopping at the mall than you do seeing doctors. You show up and throw up for 5 minutes. And do just about nothing else. Glorified UPS delivery guy/gal, but don't look as good in your brown shorts. Get out there and get a real job for once in your life.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

signed, Bitter ex-pharma rep who left industry for a couple years, attempted to come back, and found the doors closed.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This might be a good time to think about a real career. Driving around dropping off samples, disrupting doctors during their busy schedules, and thinking you are important is sooooooooo 1999. Lets face it. you're not getting any younger or smarter.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There was only 1 female manager in the Dermatology division I believe. There was a lack of diversity if anything. 99% were/are Caucasian and definitely ZERO LGBT. If you compare Valeant with other comapnies Valeant does not have a diverse group of employees whatsoever.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How do you know? Are their emp IDs a different color? There are a few around who are probably on that team but they have normal emp IDs.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is true!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If they weren't so stupid- may of have a chance

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sometime the tiger needs to drive and sing before they can hunt.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

sounds about accurate. zero lgbt or at least anyone who was 'out'. Definitely zero diverse group of minorities. we had one districtmanger in the entire derm who was non white and they booted him only within a yr or two of being a dm and replaced him w a caucasian district manger. Heard new dm wasn't all that great either.

i see a ton of reps a day and almost all companies i know have not only a diverse group of minorities but also gay male and females who are out. but valeant?? zilch!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Real careers are sooooo overrated...

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nope. My manager in derm is mixed AND female.