Laura Hamill to reduce rep salary

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, Feb 7, 2016 at 1:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Laura Hamill like Rolf believes reps are overpaid. She wants salaries to top out around 75-80k with an average of 65k with larger bonuses only for those who grow volume in territory compared to goal. For legacy products this will literally be unachievable and for growth products you are expect to have greater than 50% year over year growth. It's basically all or nothing.

Not sure on timing of implementation.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Liar. In the OBU, salaries were just benchmarked because Amgen was losing good people to other oncology companies. It wasn't a significant increase for everyone. However, for some, it was quite a bump in base pay. Amgen can't compete in oncology (which is a huge revenue generator) without having competitive salaries within this therapeutic area.

I can't speak for other BUs here but this is definitely NOT happening in oncology.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They had to up OBU pay because OBU reps complained that onyx reps got paid more but did less and only had one product.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Laura, like Rolf are clueless. Do't know how to build business so cut, cut, cut. Our commercial org is the weakest in Amgen's history and will continue to weaken. Sad times ahead

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The new VP mentioned at the national meeting that they won't overpay for talent. Wrong attitude to have. I remember interviewing and the Onc salary was on the low end.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What should we base het salary on? Lol

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is not leadership.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LH is a proven disaster. HR knows it. Worst is yet to come.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

THIS IS A PERSONAL ATTACK AND IS TOTAL CRAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bounced out of IBU

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

True

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not a personal attack, just business fact

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

YOU NASTY F'ING SOB

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If salaries are in a range of 75-85K how can average be 65K? This is an absurd post about 50% growth as well. Nonsense, not one product in the portfolio is currently growing at 50% YOY.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Obviously you can't read. It says salaries to TOP OUT at 75-85k, while the average is 65k. The goal is to be more like medical devices with a lower base salary but a significantly higher bonus. The problem with the bonus is that you need to hit a 50% YOY growth. Basically, very very few will get the top bonus.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You must be a lousy rep if you cant make 50% YOY. Yes it takes some weekend work and in ny case I worked over Christmas and New Years when I had no competition. So I did 56% YOY. The bonus was about 40% plus a nice increase in my base.

I'm not bragging but just indicating that YOU can do it !

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

More lies.

There are so many lies in this post but I have better things to do than make a rebuttal for each one. So, I will pick the easiest one. NO WAY you received a "nice" increase in base, unless you consider 2-5% a decent increase. DMs are given a certain allotment for the whole district. I can tell you from experience, it isn't much. Then, that amount is split up so that each rep gets a small cut of the pie. These are practically cost of living raises, nothing to brag about.

Take your fake, I'm better than everybody else attitude elsewhere. I can smell a rat.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I make 200% YOY sales! I give my offices seeemen during lunches. It's addictive to them.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amgen has been on a steady decline with the drain of talent and leadership exodus over the past few years. They won't need to pay for talent, no one with any would come there. The stragglers left are holding on or can't cut it anyplace else. It was great while it lasted but it's gawd awful now. Get the F@@k out!