lars bildman memories!

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Mar 3, 2007 at 11:05 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lars,
    Hi. I bought several photo albums of yours years ago at a flea market in New Jersey.
    For some reason I have kept them. Now my wife wants me to thin out my stuff .
    It had a cover with you playing tennis so I assumed you were a tennis player.
    My email is multicynic at aol
    Thanks. I figured maybe they should be with you.
    Jack

Lars Bildman[/QUOTE]

2. Susan Walsh

Susan Walsh Guest

I remember the day the Astra scandal hit the news. Our president was in defense of Lars Bildman, as Bilman was not the only CEO guilty of using his power to entice young women to hang out with him. As his assistant, I remember saying he should not take it lightly, to be careful of his actions or he may end up in the same situation. We had a sales and marketing team built of young women and men. Our president was friendly and that could be taken the wrong way.

It's funny that not ONE of you that made a comment added your name - your all anonymous! After reading all of this and the news articles, it seems like many of the women wanted Lars to hit on them. It's always flattering when someone with power notices you, but that's as far as it should go. After closely reading all of these comments, there's so much more to it.

Where are all those women that sued and made money off of Astra. They are not so young anymore. Were they able to secure employment after suing? It also sounds like some of the upper management guys and women were guilty of bad behavior and encouraged Lars when he was drinking to live up to being a little crazy and a womanizer.

The Westboro Marriott staff had to have know what was going on. They invited our president (our company located in Marlboro) to participate in an event they were running that Presidents/CEOs of area companies would serve his employees drinks and appetizers. I don't remember exactly what it was called the program/event. Our President agreed to do it. As his assistant, I rounded up our sales and marketing people and we had a nice time. When leaving, there were some Astra guys up on a stage having karaoke fun encouraging us to join in while we watched. There were no women, the guy in charge that sang a song to me, was a big, tall/husky with dark hair - the others seemed like followers. Lars Bildman was NOT there - I would have remembered him. He got the wrap and paid the price for not only what he did, but what some top management guys and ladies that enticed him to hit on them.

Did a book ever came out? What is it called and who authored it?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Right poor Lars.

He'd fire your ass in a second if you poked at him the wrong way, ran a militaristic culture full of disrespect. Married his way to the top and fucked up all the way to incarceration.

Of course the women he took advantage of took advantage of him too. The Astra AB's daughter, Lars' wife, divorced him when she was faced with the proof of his conduct (she must have known, right? )

I saw the man drunk off his ass in a hotel, making an utter fool of himself. If only every jackass tyrant got their just deserts as Lars did.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BTW Susan my name is John Smith and I live in any town USA. You're so brave for self-identifying.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The sad part is that they mainly fired the upper food chain and those that survived carried some of this same culture into AZ. Most of them are gone now but the damage they did will take years to cure if ever. These people stabbed anyone who threatened their position or a future promotion opportunity.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Absolutely true. The ones I knew were only interested in their own career instead of what was best for business and the company.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Brave for identifying myself - I don't think so. There's nothing I've said that is brave. I feel sorry for all of you that that think you can't say who you are. Although, some have talked about situations that happened, so you know who each other are.

You call yourself John Smith from any town USA - what do you think - if you identified yourself, you will no longer have a job or your reputation will be ruined? Only if you are guilty of something. I gather you are a man because you call yourself John Smith, not Jane Smith. If you have something to say, just say it. I can't believe no one wants to say who they are - it was so long ago. Perhaps they don't want to hurt family, especially if they have kids, that I do understand. In the end, maybe Lars has won - since he is the only one that identified himself if that was even him.

It is my hope that what went on then doesn't go on now in the workplace. I've always been fascinated by this story and feel that Lars was in the wrong, but so were many of the men and women that participated and encouraged him to drink and be crazy.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why don't you identify yourself? Maybe we should call you "Un-empathetic"... is that a word... or maybe "Bitter" - that how you portray yourself. Maybe you should have tried to help the "drunk ofs his ass man"... oh, that's right you could not say anything or you would get fired. It's a shame you felt that way. And, if Lar's wife did know of his conduct, divorce would not have been the only thing she would have had to deal with.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Some of the same gutter scum that sucked up to Lars and even joined in some of his illegal and immoral jaunts, ended up at AZ after the merger. And they acted so innocent like they had always fought Lars and always did the right thing. Sure they did. Fortunately they are all gone now.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nope...Larry F. is alive and doing very well. He loved that culture...thrived if I remember correctly. BTW, a year since the last posting? Bait? if so, taken.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Still around but totally irrelevant other than taking a cheap shot at Fran every chance he gets. He wins Circle several times because of the heavy managed care advantages in N.E. but he has no say in any strategic decisions in AZ. He is just another paper pushing puppet who attends a few meetings and holds a few teleconferences to puke out the company talking points. Don't be fooled, his career died a long time ago and he is now barely holding on just like all the rest of us.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow what a great trip through memory lane. I was part of the initial sales class, hired 4/91 office division and I was one of the tennis players everybody bitched about watching. What great fun training was. Yes all the memorizing was bs and a lot of stressful situations but what a party. Open bar almost every night of training. NSM's to die for and a lot of hanky panky going on. I used to get pulled out of NSM on regular basis just to go play tennis with Lars and his buddies. How could I say anything but hell yes! Actually I thought the training was pretty good for someone brand new to the industry. I saw Bob Vogel a couple years ago, maybe 2015, at inventiv. Talked for 10-15 minutes. He has a great memory as he remembered everything. I have a bunch of stories. Lets share...

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sexual assaults and prison terms are nothing to cherish or admire. The leaders who survived and carried this culture to AZ may be gone now but the damage they did is non reversible. You obviously was someone willing to look the other way and soak up the benefits of hanging with perverts.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lars was a stand up guy.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OH sure he was. He sexually assaulted female employees standing up, sitting down, and laying down.
    This guy was a sociopath who got his jollies out of using his power to sexually abuse women and mentally abuse men. He destroyed his life because he was morally corrupt.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lars got in on the ground floor of sexual harassment. Look at all the shit that has come out of the woodwork, starting with Harvey Weinstein...fall of 2017.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe Lars and Weinstein will share a cell together.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

For the record, those employees that were involved with the improprieties with Lars all went down with him. They did not survive and certainly were not around when Astra merged with AstraMerck....
    For such a useless person, LF is now an ASD and keeps winning awards.... I guess it sucks to be you.