Lantus dosing guidelines could be deadly

Discussion in 'Sanofi' started by Wonka, Sep 6, 2015 at 5:42 PM.

1. Wonka

Wonka Active Member

Sorry to shock with the title. A serious question from a Lantus user and I've never heard a good answer to my question, not even from my Endocrinologists.

So you titrate Lantus until a FBG of 100 huh? What do you go to bed at?

If go to bed every single night and drink a Mt. Dew and keep titrating my Lantus until I get 100 in the morning then one day I decide to quit drinking Mt. Dew forever, I might just go hypo the next morning.

If I go to bed at 175 and wake up at 175 and I on the perfect dose or not enough?

That exact same dose I can go to bed at 90 and wake up at 90.

These idiots that wright books like they know something say don't drop more than 30 points. If I'm 250 and take my Lantus, I will drop 60 points easily and that's the same dose that will hold me at 90 if I go to bed at 90.

I've never met a doctor that really knows what to say, and I'm an R.N. so I meet a lot.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No one is going to answer your question on here. They have been beaten into submission not to make any comments on social media regarding any company products to keep them from being sued. So, I suggest, since you are and RN, when the rep comes in next time ask them to request an answer from their RML(Regional Medical Liaison).

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You already posted on Novo's thread, ADHD? Other stimulants? Sneaking into the locked med cabinet?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Have your doctor call Sanofi medical department or get in front of an endocrinology fellow at your local medical college and he/she can pow wow with the staff.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

FYI - this dick is posting on all the sites of companies who make insulin. As is typically the case on CP, they aren't who they say they are. Just looking to get people stirred up.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Titrating to fix the FBS is not necessarily correct.
    If a patient goes to bed at 190 and wakes up at about 190, they're on the correct dose of long acting insulin.
    The question the clinician should ask is why the BG is high at bedtime:
    Too much food at dinner?
    Is it always elevated before bed or after dinner, then they probably need a meal time insulin.
    This is why it's important for patients to check their post-prandials occasionally.
    BTW-I'm an RN, CDE with decades of diabetes experience and expertise.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am an endocrinologist, a CDE, an RN, a neurosurgeon, and a black belt in taekwando. You're all wrong. I would tell you what's right, but you'd be too dumb to listen.

Gotta go - I've got to kick a pancreas to get it working again. Good thing I'm multi-certified.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you the same moron who was on Novo's board? Get off of cafe pharma you troll. If you are as smart as you say you are then you will know the answer.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You been eating any ass lately ?