Lantheus Medical Imaging

Discussion in 'How do I...' started by Anonymous, Mar 6, 2010 at 1:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Avista didn't just get back the $525M it invested. It skimmed another $100M off the top of Medical Imaging's profits during the first two years! Insult to injury is that Avista made Medical Imaging take out notes and bonds so it could recoup the rest of its investment. That's paying out $625M in two years!! Avista knew MI sales were going dramatically down. So they went to the head of the line to get their investment back PLUS interest!! They passed the buck to unwitting investors, knowing MI would not be unable to meet the note and bond demands! Oh, and then there's the small matter of screwing the entire MI workforce!! While all the MI worker bees were busy trying to make the business successful, Avista was sucking it dry. They knew full well what the outcome would be. Avista has no regard for anyone but themselves and $$$. Whether you got laid off four years ago or will be losing your job now because the company is collapsing, you were always just a pawn in Avista's scheme to make money. These people are crooks and have no conscious. They should be prosecuted...the pathetic part is that the slimy bastards can likely justify that it was all done legally! MI is not the first business they've done this to and it won't be the last.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh wait, there were incentives to be there. The new street signage that cost over $10,000 to install. Apparently this was necessary, due to people failing to stop at STOP signs. I guess the old signs were worn out? The real treat were the ornate, wrought iron street signs, that were designed to resemble Parisian lamp posts. The signs were adorned with the ridiculous moniker "Lantheus Way." These signs made perfect sense, they went in no apparent direction and if followed went in a big circle.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't forget the DEER CROSSING sign by BLDG 500 & 300 parking lot!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Those signs must have been erected after my "liberation!"

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

... The real treat were the ornate, wrought iron street signs, that were designed to resemble Parisian lamp posts!

Reminded me of the Munsters!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Munsters are too hip a refernence to cite, when comparing to Lantheus. At least the Munsters knew that they were a lampoon or spoof. Lantheus take themselves way too seriously. The Munsters will go down as a classic, Lantheus will just go down.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Those new STOP signs must have been put in for Kiepert's benefit. He would speed around the site and run them all the time. I heard several people in 200 complain that he almost ran them over on his way out of the site. I guess he had somewhere else more important to be and the further away he got from 600 the less important those pesky pedestrians became. The wrought iron streets signs must have been put in as a symbol of the rotten metal of the management that drove this company like a spike into the ground.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The reason people speed out of there is because they can't wait to escape the evil within.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Having spend some 25 years there, I can confirm that what is being stated on this thread is truthful and honest. Although I would feel bad for the few good souls ( and I do mean few) still stuck there because they haven't yet landed another job, I can't wait to see this sham organization to go down. I was lucky enough to be able to leave on my own after about the last 5 years of waiting for the ax to drop, being afraid to speak openly and honestly because of veiled threats, and working for supervision that is less than honest. Too bad for those who have to stick it out until the gate is locked.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The wrought iron street signs were the brainchild of Sr. Director of Global Facilities and Engineering (Global?), Sean Brown. Dawes touted Brown as his best hire. Turns out the only thing that Brown excelled at was being abusive to people and stealing company property and services. Instead of using Mr. Brown's "indiscretions" to set an example of what was wrong with Dawe's judgement and leadership, they set Brown free and allowed him to "resign."

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK, I am considering interviewing for this position. On paper it sounds great. Please tell me how this position is different from Pharma? Is the culture really that bad? What's the turnover rate here?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HEAD FOR THE HILLS! RUN, RUN, RUN! DON'T DO IT! YOU'LL BE SORRY!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Considering the lack of ethics that some of these folks had during their DuPont and BMS days, well, payback's a rhymes-with-witch.

But then again, most of those folks have probably long since retired and it's the poor shumcks that came in later that are paying for their sins.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whats the position your applying for?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please review the comments from the 25 year employee above. Re "Is the culture really that bad?"

What culture!!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is the culture really that bad?...What you should be asking is are the vultures really that bad. And the answer is OH YEAH!
    What's the turnover rate?...how about what's the bend over rate!
    If you doubt what you've read in this blog, then search the internet for opinions found on other sites. Consider yourself warned, which is far more than most of us had the benefit of knowing up front.
    Good luck with whatever you decide. If you opt to pass on the "LMI Opportunity", just remember, when one door closes another opens. Personally I would choose door number 2!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wittnessed the back stabing and abusive behaviors but first I've heard of the stealing of company property and services...give me details please.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you thought the Ravens choked and the 49'ers choked - you ain't seen nothing yet!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This business is a now an aging dinosaur. You can’t expect a bunch of fund managers to know how to run a successful and competitive Medical business. There was such a philosophical disconnect from the very top down to the SLT puppets, that it made the people who were the real workers and making things happen (although spread thin and overworked) loose respect for their supervisors/managers even directors because we all new they didn’t have a chance in hell in changing anything as they were powerless pawns. Avista even took the liberty of hiring some consultants to make the operations “more efficient” this only made matters worse.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CFO retires ( read asked to leave ), multiple round of layoffs ( knowledge dump), Sr. Management leaving on their own, (smart move), product soon out of stock, ( Thanks Bill Dawes) , Vulture capitalists who have stripped the company of value, taken the $ and left it with heavy debt and promisary notes, and you want to work for a company that wants to NOT offer severance but furlough employees because they have no product to sell?

You are exactlty what Lantheus is looking for. Welcome aboard Forrest Gump! Enjoy your box of chocolates!