KW announcement - Missing the point! (Beware Boston)

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Jul 12, 2016 at 7:21 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is not just about job reduction and movement of those positions to the hot hubs of San Francisco and Cambridge. Big Joe announced in face-to-face meetings that those sites will not be Merck sites. Rather, they will be separate companies (wholly-owned subsidiaries). Employees are re-badged and re-titled. The writing is on the wall ... all of early discovery research, at a minimum, will be "externalized". Yes, Merck will own those companies. For now!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is true. Prior to 2013 a VP told us that at this point, re-badging research did not make financial sense, and if they can figure it out they would. Fast-forward to present day, and now it's happening starting with SF and Cambridge. Different payscales, benefits, etc. I believe these people will be divorced of the pension and Merck would add that to the base salaries in order to attract Millennials and try to compete with the high cost of living areas they are in. Total compensation would be identical on paper, but I'm sure there is some creative accounting that reduces Merck's tax burden.

The plans that are rolling out this year take years of planning and you need to hire some setup people (RP and Junkyard Joe) to do the dirty work. They are both leaving along with Ken in a couple years. I don't think it's a coincidence that all this is happening now and SF will be operational in 2018/19, giving the new CEO a brand new MRL that will hopefully will be better than the last decade.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Jets will win a superbowl before there are cuts in Boston. Maybe 2045.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No one said there will be cuts in Boston. Read the post .... it is re-badging, not cuts.
    And ... Go Jets!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Boston will be a Merck site until 2103 when the 99 year lease runs out.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are not re-badging. It does not work that way.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We don't scare easy in Boston. We can express ideas and not worry about it. We are just better. That's why there is no re-branding or layoffs. We will let you take it up the arse on that one.

I would like to thank the jets for the Mo Lewis shot on Drew Bledsoe. That started off a sixth round draft pick called Tom Brady. The best QB the NFL has ever seen.

Also thank you for the best head coach the game has ever seen. I think he was the head coach for the jet for 20 hours. Said this is not the place to raise the kids and came to New England. The rest is history.

Enjoy the layoffs. Have fun.