KAM's: #1 reason to be a KAM

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Apr 22, 2013 at 5:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please post the #1 reason why you want to be a KAM

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can play golf and go the gym while giving the impression I'm working hard.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Zero accountability: because I don't know sh*t, and there ain't sh*t anyone will do a out it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's a KAM? "kiss a$$mercker?"

I'm confused.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why not make all reps KAMs? Why so special?? If its that important get it in everyone's hands to give to customers. Stop picking winners and losers.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

KAM, VAM total SHAM.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

because MOST reps and dbms will soon be gone. no more need because the customers don't want to see you anymore. is that a good reason?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No hospital exec is going to see a KAM w product lit. Are you serious? What the Pfuck do you have a real independent value? Answer: nothing.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

KAM irrelevant. It's about CMS and government as the big brother payor now. KAM can't do anything calling on hospitals reacting to change pushed out from DC. Especially, don't care about expensive drugs w no outcome data.

Game over.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is a KAM any different than our old NHO Managed Market Reps? To me it just sounds like a new title for an old job. I think the accounts they call on view them as a drug rep and not much more than that

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I enjoy being a KAM because my RSD loves me, plain and simple. Who cares if I know what I am doing.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone remember Regional Director Employer positions? That lasted about 1-2 years before upstart to dismantle just like these KAM roles. Those Eliquis KAMs have no more tools than sales reps and give lip service to calling in c-suite. Like some CEO, CFO is going to meet w a freaking KAM, give me a break! These guys are working on much larger issues of payor integration, hospital mergers, consolidation and physician compensation in a declining reimbursement environment. They could care less about drug a or drug b.

That would be like managed care plan putting a KAM to call on Ian Read.

Joke!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

too funny.you all are really stupid.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I sit home most days of the week and just do conference calls. I get in quite a few quickies with the husband who works from home as well. I get a great tan in the summer and attend a handful of meetings with the reps who make appointments for me. I can talk for hours about the "C-Suite" but I have never actually been in one. The best part about being a KAM, though, is the fact that they will get rid of us last, after all of the reps

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Name a sKAM who has actually brought tools to the table.
    What were the tools the sKAM brought?
    Name a sKAM that doesn't rely on a rep to do all the work for them?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

KAM Flush...

da volume of KAMs competing for time with da exec's in an ACO is increasing. Not just in Pfizer, it's the entire industry. moor & moor co's now have KAMs doin da same thing.

"Pfizer" has 5 diff KAMs from 5 diff divisions doing da same thing. WTF? If you don't believe me, ask a KAM. We are all delivering da same B.S (meds, tools/resources that will deliver the outcomes needed to keep da patients outa da hospital and increase reimbursement).

blah blah blah.

Listen up, exec's and providers are not buying it. We are starting to be seen as "Rep's with a twist of NA Value"

Q for all you Reps. Do KAMs provide real value?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

KAMs are really legal compliance dental DAMs for the sales force.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly... This is a position designed with the company's needs in mind, not those of the customer (in this case, hospital executives). There was a time when such a position might have made perfect sense, but it has long since passed.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree!

At least the CBU (until dismantled by the career saving "I don't care about the customer" primary care division leaders) called on customers with the customer's needs in mind. You go in there with your agenda and you will get eaten alive with no invitation to sit at the table.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1 KAM per state would be more than enough for the actual workload that they can do. ISS positions are completely and utterly worthless, doing nothing more than draining financial resources from the company

Large integrated health systems don't want to meet with us or work with us. It's not worth their time.

It always comes down to what our lawyers will allow, which is nothing.

Ever get a "C-Suite" exec to bite long enough to talk about our legal constraints and contracts they would have to sign to get anything done with Pfe?

Big big waste of everybody's time. I would rather beat my head against the wall and try and get docs to write Eliquis than try and justify myself as a KAM

IMO, KAM's and PC reps are in a race to the bottom in today's market environment. There will be a need for neither next year after Obamacare strafes all of our customers and makes it all a one size fits all government reimbursed model.

'Scuse me, Mr./Ms. Govt compliance oversight/payor management person for XYZ Health System, would you like to meet with the KAM from my area? Think a for-profit drug company can help you when all you so is manage dollars and cents?