Just the facts please

Discussion in 'Applied Medical' started by Anonymous, Oct 19, 2011 at 8:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Considering switching jobs to work for Applied. Is the base for TM's really 45-50k? That seems low. Is the bonus more than usually? My base now is much more , added yearly bonus, holiday bonus, company car all expenses paid,company phone,laptop etc. Just the facts please.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dragnet,
    You won't get any of the perks you've referenced. Yes, that is the base, and bonus is very weak. Entry-level position, at best.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think calling it an entry level position isn't fair to real entry level jobs with companies that hire people for the purpose of developing them into good sales people. If you are desperate for a pay check, take the job. If you are not, don't. There are much better options out there.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are all the "good sales people" here on CF? Which ones are they, the whiners that complain about their comp plan, their phone, their car, their bonus, their manager, their ceo, their company? Or are they the ones that are out actually doing the job they were hired to do?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Good sales people" or "bad sales people", if the comp plan, phones, car, bonus, manager, ceo, and company suck, then we will say so. None of these things has anything to do with sales ability, they have to do with a shitty company and horrible management.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then tell me, oh insightful one, which company on this board has a decent comp plan, phone, car bonus managers and ceo. How about you tell me one that has any one of those? All you do is complain on here. How about you get off your ass, be thankful you have a fucking job right now and go do it.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To OP - Quote above is probably from your DM. All the best.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are probably right. The management at this place is so inept. They actually believe they are good. Unfortunately, the reason they suck so bad and pass all the blame for their failures on the people they manage is because they have become addicted to the power and they know that there is no way in hell they could ever hold their current position at a company that had real accountability.

I agree with the post earlier: desperate=take it. Otherwise, save yourself from these mental midgets and seek employment else where.

Now that I think about it, that's more of a quote from a zone level manager.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

... Just Don't Bother, Really.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BE AN INDEPENDENT REP

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DANGER!... Will-Rob-In-Sum:)

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"KBBT?... No, Thanks. I prefer the BLT."

...sounds like a waiter.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The job is full of empty promises. I would rather deliver pizzas in a bad part of town. The bonus is less than they say. Holiday bonus.....that is a joke, right? Keep you current job and make the best of it. Applied Medical is hardly a entry level position. You can be forced to memorize the company story and role plays at romper room.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

O.K. You should also know that management posts here.

Bottom line - Applied has great products, but is CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP.
    this new generation medical company is crap, this handicaps you in the field ( you can't even buy a cup of coffee without permission from the top) they just want to save money on expenses. They dont even give you a computer!!! The training is good except for a few DB managers that come in during training.i They want to act like they have all the answers, but most couldn't sell a damn thing. The competition views Applied as a non-factor, all we have is a cheaper price. I would tell you to take the job, but do what everyone else is doing, work this job to get the connections that you need for your next device job. Did I mention that Applied is CHEAP.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Just the facts please...ALRIGHT

...WHAT MANAGEMENT... Nazi's Don't Manage... THEY FAIL IN THEIR ATTEMPT TO SPREAD WORLD DOMINATION. FACT.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Applied Medical is hands down the worst company I have ever worked for. The products are good but you are not incentived to sell them. The company is run by engineers who do not understand benefits programs or compensation packages. Do NOT take this job unless you are starving or being evicted. There are SO many better opportunites out there. Everyone knows Applied is a joke.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If they're a joke, then why are they growing like crazy and taking market share every day? Explain to me how a company can manufacture in the US, let alone in California and grow like that? Are you saying an engineer doesn't know how to run or grow a company? Sure looks like they do.

How about you get off your ass, quit complaining, and go do your fucking job.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When you work at Applied you have to sit on your ass. If you don't you are at danger of one of the trainers trying to tap it.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Applied is a great company to go to work for - IF you are coming from a B2B background and you want to get into device sales. 1-2 years later you should be ready to work for a real device company.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would have to agree with this post. How can you say that a company is horrible when it has grown so much?

$108MM in 2006 to now projected $332MM in 2011...pretty impressive growth. Perhaps the culture is still screwed from a sales perspective, but surely it can't be too bad with these numbers.

One thing is for certain now that the IPO filing has come out, and that is Applied Medical has absolutely beat the tar out of J&J and Covidien over the last 4-5 years. Some serious share gains.