1. Cafepharma also has message boards for retail pharmacies: click here to view
    Dismiss Notice

Just started with a local SP in South Florida..

Discussion in 'Specialty Pharmacies - General Discussion' started by DevAlexandre, Jun 13, 2016 at 12:58 AM.

1. DevAlexandre

DevAlexandre new user

Young for a rep (20's) and been in sales for about 5 years. Got offered a gig with a SP because the VP of sales was my former manager. Deal with topicals, Lidocaine, Voltaren, Diclofenac etc..

3 weeks in and I've got 3-4 offices very welcoming and writing scripts for me. Would this be considered a good start, and how's the security and income in the field for someone just breaking in?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, that would be considered a good start all things considered including you are young, newer to medical sales and are just starting out, but you have a sales background so you will be able to draw on sales skills and continue to build on your business. Start with less customers and drive topicals within those practices, then begin to replicate the success at these practices with new customers. You will do things the right way with new customers, and build a solid reputation which will allow for introduction or expansion of additional offerings over time with ability to penetrate the market and be able to have more control over products/services marketed and negotiate favorable contractual terms.

yupyup

DevAlexandre likes this.
  3. DevAlexandre

DevAlexandre new user

Thanks for this!

I'm already getting a rhythm and feel out on the field now that my first month has passed. I'm realizing how much the job is just being sincere with the staff, passive aggressive and always with a smile!
    Here's for a productive next 30 days!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, you really hit the nail on the head and have given away perhaps the greatest secret of successful sales people in medical sales. Being sincere with staff-something that only f2f interactions can achieve. If you block and tackle (know the benefits and limits of what you are offering, know what you know and find out and follow up what you dont, say what you mean and mean what you say), your attitude will bring loyalty. Have FUN.

yupyup

DevAlexandre likes this.