IT gone!

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by anonymous, Mar 16, 2016 at 8:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Our IT support on campus has now been outsourced by a company in India.

Another great move by Novartis. Let's see how this one works out next time one of us needs iPad support.

ex-alcon likes this.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

IT support has always been a joke. Thanks to Novartis you have to fill out a dozen forms for the simplest requests.

ex-alcon likes this.
  3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I had to use the help desk yesterday. The Indian on the other line identified himself as "Paul". After 2 hours of trying to understand each other because his English was so bad he transferred me to another guy who called himself "John". Neither could help me fix my simple problem and said that they would send it to another team and created a new ticket for me. Now I have no laptop to work with. This would have never happened with the older service.

Novartis, you suck balls.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Duh. Buy an Indian computer and you won't have those problems.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Most of these people grew up speaking English -and have multiple higher degrees. Its complete ignorance to complain about their accent; maybe they struggle to understand your accent too. I mean some US accents are pretty strong and use local terms that can be unfamiliar to many other parts of the US let alone India.

If I owned a company and could outsource to another country where far more educated people are willing to work for far less, I would as well. This is America : The Country where complete idiots are demanding $15 an hour to hand out burgers so why not use humble educated people

Its called business and saving money. And quite frankly Alcon IT has been useless for years so it was certainly not all that before it was outsourced. I have had a US person on the line and an Indian, and in both cases had both good and bad experiences. The bigger issue is outdated hardware and glitch ridden programs. IT has never been good so what's the difference?? I was without a key program 5 years ago for over 9 months and that was with US IT!!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're a fucking idiot!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I had to call the help desk too last week. Not only did they not have any idea of how to solve my problem, they took over 45 minutes of my time asking basic questions. They read from a script, and the Indian kid I talked to was very unprofessional.

In short, you have no idea of what you are talking about. Many companies have lost business trying to cut costs by go over seas. Novartis is no different.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Save money to pay for a higher dividend and $10 billion worth of stock.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Novartis still pays my salary and if I am stuck with a computer issue and dealing with a guy going through a script it saves Novartis zilch. Can you imagine an FDA audit, and you are asked to provide something and have an issue with your computer and are spending valuable minutes to go through a script with a guy you cannot understand?

Also if Indian schools are so great, why do so many come here for their Masters.

The big problem I see is the freaking Dashboards. As long as 1 Departments Dashboard looks great, be damned the others.

All I know is everyone I work with that has value, and has built Alcon, have their eye out for another job. Before it used to be we have golden handcuffs. Now it is, my health is not worth it.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

IT has always sucked at Alcon, rather Indian or American

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At least these people are willing to help, unlike the imbeciles before. MvW and his crew, who started the offshoring before Novartis came on board, only knew how to kiss KB's ass and play golf. A group of total screw ups. No vision, no understanding of strategy or process and now we pay for it -see IRIS and the disaster known as GMC.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WTF is happening at Alcon? You guys have lost it!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Novartis happened.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hm that's funny- I'm neither a liberal nor narrow minded. I'm one of the biggest patriots you could find- HOWEVER. Most enlightened minds would agree that any display of racism is a great example of ignorance. Protecting the country has nothing to do with spouting off hateful comments about peoples accents, education, usefulness, or work ethic based on their geography and race.
    And what exactly about America is it that you're trying to preserve with your hate speech? Are you really going to respond to an entry condemning racism by trying to insult a person by calling them a liberal? Owie.
    Don't bring your knife brain to this gun fight.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The economy has gone global. Isolationism or being a reactionary will not work, no matter what your ideology/philosophy.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't know which poster you are referring to but I agree that our country has gone to crap because of all the foreigners and illegals that have come here in the past few decades. Racist or not, all I care about are the facts. And the facts are that the minorities in this country commit a higher proportion of the violent crimes. Don't believe me? Look it up for yourself.

Yes, don't bring a knife to this gun fight. The facts don't support you.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The problem with the new IT system is this:

1. Language barrier
    2. Script reading
    3. All issues that cannot be resolved via script is given a ticket, which then set aside for weeks, maybe even months.
    4. No iPad support whatsoever
    5. No support on campus

Can anyone tell me how this new set up is better than the old one? Sure it wasn't great before by any stretch but the new set up is a train wreck.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The plain fact of the matter is that the days of homogeneous identity are over. Learn to live and work with people from all over the world if you want to survive.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Try telling that to the people of Belgium.

This idiocy has got to stop.