It can't be THAT bad

Discussion in 'Cardinal Health' started by Anonymous, Dec 18, 2014 at 4:53 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In this industry, Cardinal is a brand name and you see it everywhere in the hospital. There's a lot of products and services and Cardinal is synonomous with healthcare. Aside from the mass re-organization, coming from an outsider, this is a strong company and well known in the field. I'm even considering applying for an open sales position. The Cardinal reps at the hospitals I've worked at seem pretty well respected and I've heard no negativity in the field attached to this organization. Again, I work in device but am thinking of making a leap for better quality of life.

Can anybody provide the POSITIVES of working for this organization as a sales rep. I know there's a lot of negativity and disgruntled employees and I'm sure you have your reasons. But there has to be an upside.

Discuss

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They give their employees a lot of PTO

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Employees don't have to work hard because they are not paid very well

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you can be mediocre and you will surely get promoted if you hang around long enough.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd like to discuss why you think leaving a device gig and taking a pay cut is a good move.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, lots of PTO for me at least, but pay below average. No one bothers me here which is a blessing as most of those above me in the hierarchy are mediocre at best. I do ok here working 20-30 hours a week with lots of free time. Even though I've hit plan often, pay still sucks for above average performance. Benefits ok, fairly good 401k, and there has been ok annual profit sharing based on CAH performance. Why would you leave a better paying job for Cardinal? Unless the culture where you are is toxic and hours exceed 60-80 per week? You could do worse as far as companies go but also a lot better elsewhere.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Device is no longer the holy grail. Very tough gig and I would imagine better quality if life and more time with the fam working at CAH. Compensation could be comparable if your good and have a good territory.

Pros and cons, heh

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Positives?? At least we aren't Medline.....yet...... seriously the 'good' is the reps. They are great people for the most part. But that is it. I understand why you want a better quality of life, that's why a lot or ortho trauma reps came here. They are great, but have all realized they jumped on the Titanic. Think hard about your decision. This will be less hours than being on call, but don't kid yourself. A rep here is plunged into an administrative black hole, will not make plan and will never hit your target pay. Comp is punitive, so know that this is not the panacea for the device world. Wish I could give more positives- just being honest, dude.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Brutally True!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Medline...double digit growith for the past 20+ years. Who would want to be them? Cardinal will never be as successful as Medline. And I work for Cardinal...at least for the moment...making a move at the start of the year. Job secured.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you sure??? I would bet Cardinal is a much more successful company and I would work here over Medline any day. I hear the reps are pissed over there too. Here's a positive- While Cardinal is in a bit of a mess right now, hopefully it will bounce back and be a great organization again. Change is constant.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh I am quite sure. Best of luck to you...you will need that optimism. I used to think cardinal would eventually get better.....14 years later and it has gotten worse every year with no signs of change for the better. I gladly hand over the baton. Medline might have its miserable moments as well but hard to argue with success.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Once DC is canned, or moves on, morale and optimism at CAH may improve--unless another imbecile takes his place. This guy's leadership style is poisonous and arrogant and will continue to diminish us as an organization. How soon before GB and the Board (or is it the Bored?) wake up realizing this guy and his bootlickers need to go?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why all the product sales openings? What products are in this bag and is this a good gig?? Like the thread's title.... It can't be THAT bad! Lol

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why? DC, that's why.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wanna be a ... Balla... Shot Calla.... 20 inch blades on the Impala...

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Strong company. Solid products. Good reputation in the industry. Generally employees are talented and great to work with. Versatile product lines. Top heavy. Too many cooks in the kitchen. Good ole boys club. Clueless Management. Compensation is lower than average, comparitavely speaking. On a scale of 1-10, I vote 7.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NOT A BAD ASSESSMENT, BUT CLOSER TO 5 ON THE SCALE AS MANAGEMENT IS MORE THAN CLUELESS. TO CALL THEM CLUELESS IS ALMOST A COMPLIMENT; THEY ARE TOXIC.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It wouldn't be that bad if they revisited the payroll structure....base has to increase substantially or they will continue to lose good reps and stay in the training mode continuously.....embarrassing selling in the profession we're in and the janitor walking down the hospital corridor is making more $ (a happy rep = a successful company!!)

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Absolutely spot on!