Is There a Hiring Freeze?

Discussion in 'Valeant Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Jun 7, 2016 at 5:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was offered a position three weeks ago and still have no offer letter. Is there a hiring freeze on?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No. Everything has to be approved all the way up to make sure we are responsible with the money. There is one person high up who sits on all employment decisions for month and does tremendous damage to hiring and retention. He has has been in discussions about this over and over and doesn't care because nothing changes.

Unless you are getting a senior position, your hiring manager is as frustrated as you are.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have heard from folks who had worked there that MP ultimate made all the hiring decisions, probably all the way to the mailroom at one point. It sounds like this practice is still going on, albeit MP and Stolz aren't there to hold up this process anymore. There are a lot of insecure executives there that are so afraid of losing their jobs or making the wrong hiring decisions that it's crippling the company along with all the nightmarish Accounting irregularities that they're undergoing. Some advice, look for another job, if you need to feed your kids.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah, don't work for this sewer.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It isis called "TEMP" work

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do yourself a favor and stay away. This place is worse than the "sewer" descriptor.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Four weeks ago tomorrow is the date that I verbally accepted my position. Is anyone else in a similar holding pattern?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

still no offer letter.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why would you want to work for a sewer that will be flushed away.

Don't you have any self respect?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What position?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is no hiring freeze. We just don't have any money to pay our employees (or any new hires)!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Job market is not good right now. Only company hiring are sewer ones like V.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Truth! All in my district are looking but nothing available

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No one will hire you cause you work at Valeant. Don't blame the economy, blame yourself.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

People gotta pay the bills, son.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

this notion that no one will hire Valeant reps is just not true. Unless of course, you are a terrible interviewer. I have had way more calls from recruiters who see I work here and know I am probably looking for a way out. I am just waiting for the perfect opportunity to jump ship

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i agree with the last post. Reps are leaving Valeant everyday to go to another company. No one cares you're only using as excuse not to move forward. If the interview is bad then that's a problem not Salix or Valeant

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So, you're waiting for the perfect opportunity to interview with the right company, compared to Valeant? By default, wouldn't any opportunity be perfect compared to working at Valeant. Recruiters could just be using you to obtain information, since most aren't worth their salt.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

From personal experience, I've worked at companies that are as worst as Valeant in terms of the working environment.