Is RMSR Training Important or Needed?

Discussion in 'Job-Seekers' started by Anonymous, Nov 13, 2008 at 3:16 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are still advertising this guy as a resume reviewer after I called and complained about him. What a fucking joke.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DO not take this focking course if you do not have sales experience. Sales experience is all the hiring managers are looking for. If you do not have sales experience you will not get in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. The RMSR program is certainly industry recognized and recommended for entry level folks. But if you can't show sales ability or experience the companies just won't be interested.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I see tons of posts saying "The RMSR is great!" blah blah blah. Well I just got emails from two "recruiters" who started their emails identically, showing me they are scammers just trying to get me to take some phony accreditation. As a recent grad, I have a BS and a couple internships in the medical field inder my belt and they reply with "Without medical product knowledge, a medical sales rep lacks credibility, accountability and confidence." What a joke.

Anyone else getting these?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If people really do their homework they will find out that the RMSR program is probably the most respected medical sales training program in the medical device industry. The negative blogs come from people thinking that the RMSR is a license and it is an industry certification.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

THIS IS A SCAM!!!

I have been in the industry for 15 years and all of these "certifications" are bologna!

Let me guess, you got a "pre-interview" email from some recruiter that you don't even know. They received your resume and require more info. They go through the normal questions but one of them is: "Do you have NAMSR, DME or RAI training/certification? or CNPR, CPhT, etc?" Right? Well guess what, it's BS!

These emails are generated by the sites that sell these so-called certifications. I know this for a fact as I recently decided to apply to a couple jobs online. Got 4 letters from "recruiters" stating to me what I've already posted here to you..... Need more info, and asking about certifications. Everyone of them was basically the same as follows:

"Please take a moment to reply to the questions below. Thank you.

When is best for you to interview?

Do you have a valid driver’s license?

What are your salary requirements?

Can you elaborate on any sales awards you have won in the past?

Will you consider entry level pharmaceutical sales positions?

Have you completed entry level pharmaceutical sales training (i.e. CNPR, CPhT, etc.) for entry level pharmaceutical sales?

Can you pass a drug test?

If you are an experienced pharmaceutical representative looking for a specialty opportunity please clarify as to:

a) The disease states you have covered
    b) The name of brand pharmaceuticals that you marketed
    c) The specific territories you prefer

We look forward to hearing from you and have a great rest of the week."

Notice how they casually ask about entry level sales training? It's the same for all of them. When you answer no, you don't have a certification from one of these "recommended" sites. You then, 24 hours later, get an email back stating that everything looks great BUT their clients are looking for experience but also technical training from one of these sites. It is a bait and switch. THEY ARE ONLY TRYING TO SELL CERTIFICATIONS, PERIOD!

Look at the posts here on this subject. You can easily pick out the fake ones from someone who works at on of these sites (post #12-15, just for starters on the first page). The real ones are the people who took the training and still haven't found a job, cause it won't make a difference. Like I said, I have been in the industry 15 years and have yet to meet someone who got the job because of some certification from some website. Save your $300 plus dollars! Oh, btw, when you are actually on the phone talking to a live recruiter that you know to be legit, ask them if they recommend them.... NOPE!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I want to add my 2 cents. I am currently unemployed and do not have a bs or ba degree but do have more than 20 years of experience in sales. The RMSR sounded great! I thought wow! If I acquire this certification, I'll be a shoe in for a med device sales position. Then I read this "blog" and became very confused as to its legitimacy. So I decided to dig deeper. I went to Careerbuilder.com and Monster.com both of whom list several openings for this kind of position. Browsing thru the requirements, nearly all required a bachelor degree and those who did not, required prior medical device sales in their field. None mentioned RMSR or AIMS?

So I then decided to type in RMSR in the keyword search. Not one job posting appeared. Surely if these companies found value in the RMSR certification, they would list it in their requirements or recommended training. But not one did. That then told me that RMSR is not a legitimate certification and isnt worth a nickel of my money. Its easy for people to get excited about the possibility of entering this career path. So easy that they want to ignore the truth. And the truth is that all of those with negative comments about rmsr on this site were right. I just would have found them easier to believe in the first place had they been more professional in their comments. Many sounded quite immature which actually made the liars sound truthful. My advice is apply that $285 of your hard earned money to having a professional resume written or go back to school and get your degree and apply that money towards a text book.

I'm really sorry to be the bearor of this bad news but there really is no real certification for medical device nor pharma sales. The real certification is within yourself. The more knowledge and real life sales experience you gain the more certified you become.

Good luck to all those seeking a professional sales career. Its really tough out there and I pray that we all eventually get our shot at making the big bucks.

Respectfully,

Kevin Moloney
    Findlay, Ohio

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hold everything!!! This will not work, I would never hire a person with only this training. At best, i might consider you for an entry level gig for less than $50k, but only if you had all the other stuff, aptitude, enthusiasm, professionalism, etc. Save your money. All these posts about "I did it and it was the best ever - 3 interviews since.." are all shameless plugs from the company selling this.
    Most of the newbies coming in from the outside never do this, they are uniquely hard working, intelligent individuals with an aptitude to learn a new trade and real desire to succeed. Never would RMSR influence a hiring...
    I'm sure they promise the world and show you all the successful people that have been through their program...
    I would talk to some hiring managers first before putting your money down. Why not ask the decision makers yourself, versus listening to the snake oil salesman.
    I broke in 17 years ago, no experience. I took an entry level gig at about $45k - did it for 2 years. Promoted and have not made less than $170k since. I now manage the East coast for a device company. I was fortunate, no doubt. but I worked my balls off and showed it.
    Luck to all.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is the actual email I received from this so-called recruiter. I'll show the email to me, my response and then their response back. If this doesn't convince you it's a scam, I don't think anything will. BTW, pay close attention to my answers to the questions, and the surprising lack of any response back about my answers.

---HERE IS THE FIRST EMAIL I RECEIVED:---

"It was good to see your resume come in for the Medical Sales Rep - Surgical Equipment opportunity. Your background looks pretty good so the client has a few more questions we need you to answer and email them back to me.

EXPRESS Rep Staffing is well known for being one of the premier employment agencies in the medical device and equipment industry. We work with top medical companies who are leaders in their respective therapeutic areas.

It is important for you to meet the basic pre-requisites for the entry level Medical Sales Rep opportunity. Listed below are some questions that the client has for you. To complete the application process we need you to accurately answer the questions and simply email them back to me.

Candidates should also exhibit proficiency with computer applications; MS Office and expense reporting. Thank you for your time and have a great day.

Sincerely,

Patricia Rowland - patricia.r@expressrep-staffing.com

Website - www.expressrep-staffing.com

Questions:
    What interests you most about a career in Medical Device & Equipment Sales (DME Rep)?

What specifically interests you about working in Endoscopy-Surgery?

Give me an example of a time when you set a goal, and were able to meet it?

Have you completed entry level medical sales training or certification? (NAMSR, DME or RAI)?

Are your HIPAA Certified?

By chance have you acquired any hospital vendor credentials? (Vendormate, RepTrax, or VCS)

Have you been more successful servicing clients or developing a new territory?

Could you see yourself enjoying this job for 10 years or more? Why?

Thank you. We will get back to you soon.
    Patricia Rowland , Staffing Coordinator - Express Rep Staffing patricia.r@expressrep-staffing.com

www.expressrep-staffing.com"

---HERE IS THE EMAIL I RECEIVED BACK AFTER FILLING OUT THE ANSWERS TO THEIR QUESTIONS. TAKE A MOMENT TO SEE THE ANSWERS I SUBMITTED. ---

"Thanks for getting back to me and I hope all is well with you. I appreciate you taking the time to answer the pre-interview questions. We are seeking sales professionals with sales ability and industry knowledge.

It is important for you to understand how vital it is to show some kind of medical sales vocational training or education to qualify for opportunities. Most medical companies and almost all of our clients look to interview and hire candidates who can communicate the technical medical details of products with other healthcare professionals. For your information, the industry recommends a few programs for entry level applicants and the top 3 are the RAI www.raimedicalsalescareertraining.com, NAMSR Certification at www.medicalsalescareer.com, or the DME program at www.dmetrain.com.

I hope this helps and email me if you have any questions about the industry.

Patricia Rowland, Express Rep Staffing www.expressrep-staffing.com

See answers below,

----- Original Message -----
    <patricia.r@expressrep-staffing.com>
    Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2014
    Subject: Re: Thanks for applying. Your resume and background look great.
    Please review additional info and reply back.
    >
    > Questions:
    > What interests you most about a career in Medical Device & Equipment Sales
    > (DME Rep)? The money
    >
    > What specifically interests you about working in Endoscopy-Surgery? I've
    > always been interested in things you stick down someone's throat.
    >
    > Give me an example of a time when you set a goal, and were able to meet
    > it? I once was dared to eat 4 hot fudge sundaes in one sitting. I not only
    > ate all 4, I then asked for a 5th, just to rub it in.
    >
    > Have you completed entry level medical sales training or certification?
    > (NAMSR, DME or RAI)? No, they are a complete waste of money and I've never
    > met a rep who got a job because of one of those irrelevant, waste of money
    > certifications.
    >
    > Are your HIPAA Certified? No, but my cat and dog have been spade and
    > neutered with the SPCA
    >
    > By chance have you acquired any hospital vendor credentials? (Vendormate,
    > RepTrax, or VCS) Yes, I once dated a Candy Striper.
    >
    > Have you been more successful servicing clients or developing a new
    > territory? When you say servicing, do you mean in a sexual nature?
    >
    > Could you see yourself enjoying this job for 10 years or more? Why? Sure,
    > if the money is good and the work is easy.
    >
    >
    > Thank you. We will get back to you soon.
    > Patricia Rowland , Staffing Coordinator - Express Rep Staffing
    > patricia.r@expressrep-staffing.com
    >
    > www.expressrep-staffing.com
    >
    > ---
    > This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus
    > protection is active.
    > http://www.avast.com"

It's all automated BS to take advantage of people who are trying to get in the industry or reps who are without work. DON"T FALL FOR THIS CRAP!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Is CNPR needed after a RMSR?

I have a. BA in English Lit. An MA in English Lit. An MA in Education (done in my sleep...) Ten years teaching your teenagers to get high scores. Vested and changing my life. Took the RMSR test and aced it after treating it so very seriously, and not cheating. Now I am going to buy the CNPR book and do the same thing at my parent's beach house. How great. Am I blowing 300$? I am physically lovely, which I have heard is a no-no now, in the era if PC, Cannot be smart and attractive.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really? What division? I don't believe this for a second. I work for Medtronic CRDM and don't know a single person with this sort of "certification". Waste your money if you want, this is not a requirement for a medical device position. Look at the actual job postings. No mention of this.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How do these RMSR people sleep at night? Fake testimonials, linkedin profiles, fake job postings. They prey on innocent people.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, this is a scam.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the person above: I work for Medtronic in the insulin pump division and all of my team members have their RMSR. It is a really good program so call any of my reps and they will give you the details. What territory are in at Medtronic?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is what Amazon says about the RMSR: "Probably the best medical sales training book written in the last 20 years! I highly recommend it. Many companies are using it to qualify candidates or train their own reps."

To all reading this. Check credible sources for feedback on the RMSR. If it is credible you will only find that the RMSR is very well respected.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I went to this blog to get information on the RMSR. There seems to be some mixed reviews. But I do see alot of haters out there. The haters never mention that the took the course though. Can someone explain to me how if someone was to take "medical sales training" how that could ever be seen as a negative?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was advised to take the RMSR from my employer. It is a good training device and I use what I learn just about every day in the field.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

People can get away with saying a lot of adverse things. The anonymity of the Internet serves as a great enabler. It looks like this is the case here as well.

I took the RMSR training and it was very informative and it has now led me to my new sales career. I can not see how anyone could say negative things about the vocational program.

The trade group does not promise jobs or even get involved in people's job searches. I know that today it is popular in Internet Marketing for competitors to sound off on one company to build up their own. I think this is the case here as well.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought the RMSR program from start to finish was superb and will be a massive help to me going forward in my medical device sales career. I also think that the fact they are rolling this out across the entire medical sales therapeutic class industry will only increase medical rep skills and can only help to raise the bar in sales training.