Is Mako the real deal?

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Apr 20, 2015 at 1:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do people need to explain to you how it works to justify that it is coming. It will be here at the end of the year or Q1 next year. Stryker was selling makos to hospitals with the promise of a total knee application before they could explain exactly how it would work. Most of the people at blue belt came from Mako so I'm sure they can figure it out. Hospital X, before you spend over a million dollars and lock your self into one vendor why don't you take a look at this system that cost less than half of mako, is an open platform, and will have a total knee application within a few months of mako.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is blue belt there own company or did SN buy them?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Their. Sorry

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really? So bluebelt has applied for 510k, etc... Care to provide a link to that?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Even if it's 3 years out all the hospital has to know is that there's an open platform total system coming. It's marketing 101. I don't care for either personally.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You didn't take marketing 101

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep drinking your koolaid. Mako is good as a finned shark.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I see mako has a 510k for their knee but don't see one for triathlon. Has Stryker applied for their triathlon 510k?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The mako is to Stryker what JaMarcus Russel is to the Oaklnd Raiders.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The last post is so perfect almost nothing needs to be added but I will say...
    Interesting on the investors call how much hype Mako got. KL doing the victory dance because so far this year Stryker has placed........12 robots in accounts. 2 in Australia.
    I know I know, when they get approval to do this that and the other thing blah blah. When this whole thing quietly goes away and no one talks about it anymore, the common technique for Stryker failures, could the lesson learned be to listen to your Salesforce?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who saw the Blue belt uni done live on Monday? It was a last minute email I got with a link but I was pretty amazed at how far it's come along. Honestly, I am amazed any facility has bought mako after seeing the differences. The robotic arm is not gonna sell mako against blue belt.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are hospitals really looking at mako for just uni's? If so, yeah buy Bluebelt. If you want it for total hip, UNI, and TKA down the road then buy a mako.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

they talked about an open platform knee coming soon also. How do you sell a future application for mako when there is another company that has a future OPEN application for knees as well? We should have a custom cutting block for TKA. Pushing a robot they can buy against a MRI and x Rays they can charge for is not fun to sell against. Mako is for Stryker facilities only, easy to see now.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you have a custom block, what's the point of bluebelt? Sounds like std navigation to me. Like stryker or not, the robotic arm is impressive for acetabular reaming and impaction. Gonna be equally impressive if the tka looks anything like they've shown so far.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If the robotic arm jacks off the ceo then maybe it will work.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i can't believe you thought that was funny enough to even type. Seriously. My 13 yr old nephew could come up w a better joke than that.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good enough to get under your skin. You spent more effort then the original. My 6 year old can see that.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

than

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You know when the spelling police come out you got under their skin. Keep it up!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

actually it's called grammar.