Is Mako the real deal?

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Apr 20, 2015 at 1:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take a glance at other med device sites and look at the number of companies employing robotics. If you don't work for Stryker you hate mako and think it won't work, if you work for Stryker it's the next big thing. People who don't read CP will decide what turns out to be true.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you work for Stryker and can see through the bullshit you will understand this is nothing more then hopes and dreams. Love how marketing uses the same lines when trying to convince us this is next greatest thing then coming to CP to spew it verbatim. Sales doesn't care. We don't want it.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's no lie. All the positive posts have been exactly what I have been told by my manager and marketing. There is less excitement from them about Mako compared to otismed though. Everyone got burnt by that and don't care for the preaching anymore.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sells a great story to Wall Street but simplicity and practicality in this OR wins the day. Wish them luck.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mako numbers so low people probably gonna lose their jobs. I guess sales doesn't get it, you have the future at your fingertips and gonna let SN put in bluebelt with the ZUK. Sad sad sad.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well said.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mako and stryker is not about the uni....blue belt is amature. TKA is coming late 2015 and full launch 2016. That is the game changer... Nobody is losing their jobs on account of Mako...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck getting anyone to buy it in 2016. Better put it on this years Capitol budget. Lol.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Blue belt so amature they have more units in hospitals then Mako..... SN just got a unit in at a hospital I service and that facility saw both mako and bluebelt. Blue belt seems much more of an open platform, making hospitals way more comfortable with the purchase. Only places that will have Mako are Stryker only hospitals, and those facilities will reduce their contract prices as a way of making back some money. What are you gonna do, put mako in and reduce your commision check overall? Marketing? Please explain to us that.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amature in their software and capabilities. Blue belt and mako are two totally different animals. We have total hip and have total knee on the way. Surgeons and hospital interested in using robotics in all total joints cannot use the blue belt system. Pretty obvious.

Blue belt is not in more hospitals than mako

They don't "seem" to be more open, they are an open platform. so i guess it's great to be able to use whatever uni knee you want. But again, the future of robotics is not the uni. It's in robotic total joint programs which blue belt will not be able to offer.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Blue belt has total knee software coming. Open platform is a big deal to a lot of accounts

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is it going to use a saw w/out a fixed arm?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think open platform total knee is very far out. I hope so. If an open platform launches before Stryker/mako we are dead in the water

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All the hospital needs to know is open total knees are coming and don't waste money on mako. It works, hospitals not buying into Styrkers BS, and waiting. Now if the robot arm would hold retractors that might be a selling feature.... Lol.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny how no one can explain how it can work with a saw.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We should go back to custom cutting block idea. SN is doing it right with theirs, every SN tka at my busy hospital is there custom blocks. Hospital gets to Bill for a mri and charge for blocks also. Win win. otismed is long dead but way better opportunity with custom blocks then robotics. Even less skilled surgeons can pin a block on a knee and feel happy they are being sold modern technology.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wish that was the path we took still. We learned how not to do it, take what we learned and make a superior product. Nope, let's run from a mistake and buy a company in hopes they got it right.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

^^^^Nail meet head