Is Mako the real deal?

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Apr 20, 2015 at 1:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's mostly the Stryker model. We pay the surgeons and have our reps walk their dogs. And that's no joke.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bullshit. I was at Depuy for years. They paid anyone w a pulse. I've been amazed at how hard it is for a surgeon to become a consultant w stryker.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree.
    Based on DOJ data, I believe Zimmer and DePuy had the most consultants by a wide margin.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Should everything have stopped with 22 heads, poly cemented into acetabulum, and a polished, cemented stem with one offset?

The procedure will continue to evolve and CAS will be part of the future.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Still do not understand the relevance of this comment.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Or this one also.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really? That's all you have to sell this? It's the future? What a joke you must sound like to facilities and surgeons. I'm supposed to believe that just like I'm supposed to believe that every Stryker rep has low testosterone, that's why they all juice it up. Cmon.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That just about summed it up. Lol.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What we are hearing is the Mako folks those who run the robots are not happy and there will be many leaving. It seems they were promised bonus' etc and didn't happen. Also the Mako leadership is being screwed so many of those are leaving. Us recon folks do not have the time to deal with this robot!! I cannot get my manager for hip and knee business on the phone imagine if they manage the robots too!!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many high profile charlatans and salaried University professors who can waste two hours doing a unicompartmental say yes.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They use robots to manufacture shingles. They use roofers to install them. They use robots to manufacture hardwood floors. They use flooring experts to install them. They use robots to build furnaces. They use HVAC experts to install them. Get it? Got it? Good.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have absolutely no idea what a mako unit is do you

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know exactly what it is: $1.5 million wasted.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We got Mako in for free, only problem is every surgeon but 1 has bailed on it. I'm guessing it will be out of our facility soon, the robot has numbers on the contract it won't come close to.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's the latest price?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This sharks been finned.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In talking to a few of the Docs at my account they couldn't be any less interested in CAS. In a world where PDs are controlling all purchasing decisions over Docs and RNs, who came up with this idea, the people at Nav?
    One of the Mako Team gave us a pep talk recently about the angle to sell this, the main point made was to find out if the Hospital had good "bill board" advertising and encourage them to feature the Mako/CAS technology on it. This would create buzz in the community and extra confidence in the procedure.
    So we put millions on the PD to spend, introduce a product every Doc in my territory has expressed complete disinterest in, and then encourage the account to advertise for us. Honestly, how many of you people in house making these decisions have ever sold product, any kind, in your life?
    We beg for more disposable products, better in house support, and reduction of endless Back Order so an account can actually get the product it orders on time. The answer we get is a Robot that no one wants or can afford, and that alienates us from our Docs who despise it.

Very glad only 5-7 years left to retirement lol. I've never seen a time when the Sales Rep had less control or input toward acquisitions and adding needed products to the bag. The results are exactly what you would expect. Products that look great on paper but translate poorly at the account level.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are my hero.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If hospital systems keep getting bigger and consolidating there could be a very real need for this. Once they make the initial purchase which is a lot of money, they can increase volume, and unfortunately for us really leverage price since mako is part of Ortho. The efficiencies that go along with this technology will deliver much more cost savings than $500 or $1000 discounts off the top of the implant.

But only if, only if we can execute the plan. That is a big if. Which again leads me to the original question for those out there doing them. Is this thing real!?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NO! What don't you get! Could have worked 5-7 years ago when cas was moving through OR's. But after a few years and all those initial machines now have just been collecting dust, hospitals want nothing to do with CAS. Only paid Dr's are gonna help back it to get it into a facility, and for what. Less then 3% of possible patients? Good luck.