Is Mako the real deal?

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Apr 20, 2015 at 1:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Didn't everyone have to buy and sell stocks as a 9th grade project in class??? This idiot is on a medical device forum thinking his shit doesn't stink because he buys stocks.... 100% that he couldn't make it as a rep and is extremely bitter at how his life has turned out. Now your on forums just proving how ignorant you really are. If you are trolling it's a pretty lame attempt at that as well.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can bench 450, flex my biceps and open boxes. That will make a successful rep like tou, right?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep, that his his nerve. You called it.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Investor here. Never worked/wanted to work as a rep, not bitter or trolling and life is good. Just trying to gather as much info as possible. Some on this board say come here for what's really going on and some think it's laughable to look for info here. Either way I'm entertained.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You notice any other investors on any device forums?? Didn't think so. Just because you gave your bank account number to a South African prince via email promising to give you a cut of his money owed to him doesn't make you an investor. I would trust a 9th grade class with my money over you or your company solely based on your lack of trolling/humor. Sounds like the overall impression of you is you are a bitter failure. Gotta wipe now, nice chatting.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Investor here. South African prince? 9th grade class? Very cute. Seems like I've hit a nerve/hot button. Life is good for me. Have family, health and balance. All else secondary. Hope you have the same. Last post in response to your nonsense posts. Get back to mako info.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Mako's dead, Stryker wants SN for blue belt.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

this ^^^^

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't take this the wrong way, instead as constructive criticism. The in house Marketing group fascinates me and posting here pretending to be an investor is priceless so by no means do I want it to stop but a few thoughts.
    If an "investor" was really posting here, they would be hard pressing the reps and in house associates for more details on the problems, specifically around the costing of the fixes. That would directly relate to the CT scan issue which is seeing the machines get revoked from where they are currently homed at accounts so they aren't accidentally used.
    An investor would not waste their time posting positive articles about the product in the face of almost unanimous negative feedback and discarding any comments that spell out what a doomed product this is. An investor might ask about the custom cutting block, or what % of a reps bag this would make up. Linking that to the yearly quota, then figuring out the census of the reps would allow one to project potential sales. An investor would also look to determine product life cycle, disposable units that would move in conjunction, etc.
    In essence a Investor would do everything exactly the opposite of what the majority of the so called Investor posts do here. EVERYONE here knows it's either the hilariously named in house Tiger Team, or even worse the fragile Millennial Marketing associates.
    Don't take this the wrong way, I actually look forward to Investor posts as it always seems to mirror the in house nonsense spewed out in the weekly updates. Hmmm, what a coincidence. That being said, just once in a while some soft criticism might make the posts a little more believable.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Investor here. No response. I will let you have the last word. Let's move on.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I see a rat running away with its tail between its legs. Love it when trolls get caught up in their own bullshit. Half the post that called him out was about mako, as the investor wanted to talk about, now it's just move on. Obviously in house marketing rat when he cant respond to the mako issues. Not moving on, reply to the mako issues as a real investor would.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Investor here. Not an in house marketing rat. As mentioned previously, I invest/trade for a living. When i say move on i mean from the "9th grade stock trading" and South African prince bs. Is that the best you got? As mentioned up above, you are entertaining.

So let's talk about Mako. Earnings calls tell me SYK increasing sales, while small, quarter over quarter. You get about a mil, based on feedbak on this board, for each robot so decent revenue generation as more robots are placed.

Triathlon 510k approved this past summer. TKA to be commercialized in 2017, not 2015 or 2016 as was originally planned for when Mako was purchased in 2013. Leadership very careful to stress a "controlled and measured roll out" - this tells me that they are taking the time to ensure they do this right or they had to delay the commercialization to 2017 for other reasons - workout the CT issue by hopefully gathering pre commercializition data to show clinical benefit so insurers will cover CT? Just a guess. If current revision rate is roughly 2%?, how much better will the robot be? They bought this robot for the potential TKA business.

Leadership also states time reduction will happen after surgeons get past learning curve. If there truly was time reduction benefit, I would think they'd be able to quantify that by now by measuring surgeon consultant's procedures utilizing the robot? You don't spend $1.65b on a company 2 years ago and not have quatifiable time reductions if that was a benefit originally identified. You guys tell me.

As mentioned on this board, SYK probably targeting younger surgeons as they will be quicker to adapt the cooler technology. But don't all surgeons have to know how to perform a procedure by hand in case the robot fails and there is no backup to the robot? Not sure how often that happens.

SNN plans to perform TKA on BB by 2017...same time as SYK. BB does not utilize CT. You guys are more familiar with BB so tell me, is Mako that much better than BB? It would seem to me that if either gives you extremely accurate placement of hip/knee, then BB would be looked upon favorably by insurers because they are not paying for CT scans. Again, you tell me as I am not familiar with the technologies. I'm getting more intrigued by the potential SYK
    acquisiton of SNN. If it happens, do they kill BB?

Seems to me that if CT scan issue (leadership not mentioning it on earnings calls but i assume it is a huge deal based on feedback here) is not fixed and patients/insurers have a cheaper alternative (BB) that yield same clinical success, SYK will not get the Triathlon pull through business it thought it would get and this would be a poor acquisition.

Cutting block? Based upon the $80m payout resulting from Otismed settlement with the government, would SYK ever consider another cutting block?

Just watching this movie to see how it ends and hopefully make some $ along the way.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any investor would know medical device is not where you go to make money. Those days are long gone. What do you really invest in?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Investor here. You can make money in Med Dev/healthcare/biotech and diversification is key. I'm also in cybersecurity, Social Media, Streaming TV stocks which have done well this year. Energy stocks not so much.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We're all fucking with you dumbass. Everyone knows investor means in house idiot now. Keep making them look dumb, that's a great investment.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Investor here. Used to be in house many many years ago. Now just trading.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Keep digging that hole

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

IH. Whatever.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any guesses on how many robots were placed in q4? Any one on here sell any in q4?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Investor here, waiting for the conference call to assure you all mako is on track with numbers.