Is Mako the real deal?

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Apr 20, 2015 at 1:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Investor here...can someone please elaborate on this? There is another orthopedic company out there today already doing robotic total knees before we release ours???

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you're an investor and you come to cafepharma for answers? Did you use your monopoly money when you invested? Do not pass go do not collect $200

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL, dude…it's just navigation. Not too sure why companies tout that they don't use CT scans or MRI's, they are blatantly saying they aren't as accurate

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What happened with our custom cutting blocks? Lol.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

1. CT scans expose patients to radiation and both CTs and MRIs cost money. According to this board, CT scans are not being covered by insurers. Don't know about MRIs.
    2. Insurance companies will be looking for clinical benefit to justify paying for CT scans or MRIs. In the case of Mako, Stryker wil have to prove a reduction in an already low revision rate for TKA to get CT scans reimbursed.

On the earnings call, leadership mentioned cost-benefit of reduced surgery time once the surgeons made it past the learning curve. That is lame. There will be no appreciable time reduction using Mako.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Forget that part...what about them saying robotics...Mistako not the only game in town and I bet this robot is a lot cheaper just like blue belt. Have fun spinning this Mistako marketing.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You mean the one our current leader pushed so hard for before we bought that mistake ridden, unethical company? What a joke.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was being sarcastic and you got the point. Same thing going on here. Time for the blame game to begin.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

apples to oranges homey

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe, maybe not. But in the end if the implant is placed optimally, has better clinical results and does not require a CT scan or MRI preoperatively tell me again how Mako is a better than this system?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

He will probably be promoted... LMFAO

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Head to head comparison, MAKO beats blue belt everyday all day… Not even close. They are 2 totally different platforms.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Specifically referring to the San diego platform.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Again, have you watched the video of "the san diego platform?" It's nowhere close to robotics, I'm not trying to be cocky or demeaning in anyway. It just annoys me that some piss ant companies come out and scream robotics, the hospital screams robotics, and then you go on their website and watch the videos and its the furthest thing from robotics. I'm not saying MAKO is the best thing since sliced bread or for every doctor. For the doctors that like that kind of technology its hands down the best, NOBODY comes close. Sell it if you want, if it fits for you and your geographical territory take it and run with it, if not, no big deal at all. I still would love to have a custom cutting block option for the doctors or hospitals where MAKO isn't a good fit.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Go ask our President for the cutting block. He pushed hard for the first one and we know how all that worked out. LMAO

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WE ARE STILL NOT BEING REIMBURSED FOR CT. When will Stryker leave the insurance companies a bag of cash on their door step? We had a good thing going now BB is getting an evaluation.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh wait, but it's apples to oranges according to some of the geniuses on this thread. The beginning of the end...

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Docs in my territory pissed over lack of any response.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is no acceptable response. Insurance companies don't see acceptable cost benefit associated with Mistako and won't cover the CT scan. Major miss in due diligence back in 2013 prior to the acqusition. Great job DF and team.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This shark is dead in the water... Literally the only people who have anything good to say are investors and people who's job is on the line. The group of surgeons getting paid to use it still like it.... The other group of surgeons has heard that Stryker thinks they are hacks. There is such a mixed marketing message here it's like trump is running our marketing campaign.