Is Mako the real deal?

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Apr 20, 2015 at 1:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nope, most RMs secretly telling us to stay away from it. We're all on vacation, everyone's gone this week

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Vacation?? You guys get vacation this time of year? So you're all looking good on quota for the year?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I smell jealousy. I get a new ASR almost yearly now to do my bitch work. Lots of free time to do whatever the hell I want. Don't feel bad for the ASR, I get them into a sales job they want quick. Produce for me and your gone in a year making your own money. (I learned how to play the Stryker game fast) And for Mistako, no way in hell would I sell one. To much bullshit involved and I have many friends in house that keep me up to date on the internal conflicts.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let the Robot Wars begin..Smith & Nephew buys Blue belt!o_O

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Will you elaborate more on the internal conflicts?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

From the S&N website:
    http://www.smith-nephew.com/news-and-media/media-releases/news/acquisition-of-blue-belt-technologies/

S&N pays $275M for Blue Belt and will launch TKA in 2017. Stryker pays $1.65B for Mistako in late 2013 (2 years ago) and will launch TKA in 2017. Is there something wrong with this picture? Granted, I don't know BB's revenues but it seems like a huge difference and much shorter time to market with TKA for BB.

Is Mistako, that utilizes CT Scans that Insurers are allegedly not paying for, worth $1.4B more than Blue Belt's CT free navigation technology? Syk better hope they can show much better clinical results or it's game over for Mistako.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why do you think the people who left mako went to blue belt? Things were brought up and people were shut up at mako, so they left for a gig where their thoughts and ideas were appreciated. Nobody can deny that, that's why stryker felt so threatened when they left.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

so, S&N bought a navigation unit.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Here comes the marketing team. Just shut up now before you make yourself look worse, everyone can see what is going on.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey marketing, just concentrate on getting us answers to the CT issue and don't worry about s and n.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually I went in Blue Belts website and watched their uni video. Can you please enlighten me on how it's not that much different than navigation? I also really want to know how they will do tka w/out an arm.
    I get the fact that it's CT/MRI free. That's great, but if you don't truly have something to preoperatively plan, how is it different that nav? To compete w this, stryker just needs to enhance their pinless nav unit.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So BB is on the verge of launching TKA and they dump for $275mil? Yeah, right.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Investor here. Lobo basically delivered the same message on the earnings call.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They have said that from day 1 as Mako employees started to leave for blue belt. All you hear is bashing blue belt from calls and talks, yet when you ask a question about mako that needs answers you get Nothing. Now that blue belt has a home Stryker is in pure defense mode. Pretty funny if you ask me. The "investor" even had Stryker so far up his ass he missed the real opportunity. This is great.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This ^^^^^

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Verge? I wouldn't call 2017 verge. Don't know BBs revenues or profits so $275M may have been a fair price. Certainly not the 13+Xs sales Stryker paid for Mako (very, very rich valuation).