Is Mako the real deal?

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Apr 20, 2015 at 1:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lol, priceless

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what I just read
    - the mako slows good surgeons down and doesn't improve satisfaction.
    - young surgeons should maybe learn how to use it.

Should we be training surgeons to do this procedure so efficiently that they're as efficient as Sheth? What's the target market for this thing? It's not like in experienced surgeons are taking call for knee and hips and would actually benefit from this machine.

Stryker has created a million dollar crutch that surgeons don't want and shouldn't need to rely on.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Latest mako sales pitch pushed on reps. "when the doctors start to share profits with the hospital come bundling time, we can ask the doctors to help get a unit into the hospital when the doctors realize that a restructuring of the contract will increase their profits as the overall cost of a knee goes down."

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The bottom line is Stryker paid 1.65 billion, about 13X sales - a very rich valuation and expensive purchase. They will do whatever it takes to make this work.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wish in one hand, shit in the other. See which one gets filled first.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

After reviewing the 2nd quarter conf call transcript on Seeking Alpha, it looks like they are gaining traction in placing robots in hospitals. The question is will they be utilized effectively for TKR once they start pushing Triathlon on it. Triathlon 510k cleared last month by FDA. Thoughts from other reps?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A hospital I work at bought one based on the fact they had to spend Capital or they were going to lose it for next year. Non profits can gobble up a big expense for various reasons. It's been getting dust covered and poked fun at ever since the purchase. Nobody seems to care.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

if you honestly believe that robotics, a technology that has touched and improved every industry in the world, doesn't have huge potential in medicine you are either stupid or ignorant. I don't believe we will get to the stage of the prostatectomy where it's impossible to get one without a robot but it will change the landscape of orthopedics long term more than any acquisition or merger can.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is an open procedure for a prostatectomy called radical retro public prostatectomy. It can be done in a nerve sparing fashion. Please do research before you post falsehoods.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pubic not public.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The marketing idiot who keeps posting is doing more harm then good. I know Stryker execs read this, you need to get them in check. Making you look stupid.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This was a great reply, had me laughing good. God bless the internet and idiots who can't do a simple google search before making themselves look stupid posting in defense.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The call I heard said 11 had been placed, for the entire year I might add, with two in Australia. There was an update later here that some HSP dumped there's after a few uses.
    Maybe I got it wrong, please post exact quote with numbers.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13 in q2. 11 in q1, 20 in q4 2014.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds about right, the end of year Capital spending and downward trend after that. How many dr's getting paid to use it?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Downward trend? 11 in q1, 13 in q2 - I'd say that's an upward trend.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can we see more sss ss st stat statist sss statistics please.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Q3 earnings released next month. We'll have a better idea of the trend then.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How about the paid surgeon request? How many units involve consulting surgeons? You know the numbers, quit mumbling and speak up.