Is Applied Medical Worth The Risk?

Discussion in 'Applied Medical' started by Anonymous, Nov 16, 2011 at 10:18 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is absolutely true.. Just don't pick appLIED medical. Stick with the real medical device companies.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

120k? Way to go big boy! Have fun "selling" trocars. If you want an idea of what it takes to be an applied rep take a look at the fat douchebag from Milwaukee! complete r*****.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am currently interviewing with Applied and the mgr just brought up the fact that they only pay reps quarterly? is this really true? ive got a family and quarterly paychecks are a little tough to get by on if you ask me. other than it benefiting Applied's accounting department for tax purposes, i dont understand the reasoning for this. I probably just spent the last hour reading all the comments about Applied and was looking for some feedback from current or former reps about how they survived off $50k/yr. before some mgr with wise crack answers responds about how I need to budget my money better, I can assure you that's not the case. Just never heard of anything like this before

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They pay salaries quarterly? Surely you mean commissions or bonuses. Salaries paid quarterly is whacked.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its commissions. It certainly sucks because the more you make, the more they take out. Never heard of a company that pays commission checks quarterly. Bonuses.....yes, but not your regular commissions. Just another reason why this company sucks monkey balls

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wait, isn't this how the federal government works too? The more you make, the more they take? Just another reason why this country sucks monkey balls, ehhh?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And this is why Applied Medical is run by morons ladies and gentlemen! I'll break it down for you in layman's terms since apparently you never graduated from the 8th grade:

If you make a $10,000 commission to be paid out once a quarter, the government will put you into a higher tax bracket for that one pay period as opposed to making $3,333.33 every month during said quarter. Receiving the $3,333.33 not only keeps you in a lower tax bracket, and thus allows you to keep more of your earnings, it allows you to budget better as opposed to the "what if" game you need to play with the commissions department. Just ask your accountant if you don't believe me. He's probably the same guy that is asking if you if that stock you received years ago is ever going to be worth anything because right now it ain't worth a thing.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujBjn1qeCLs

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was thinking of writing a response in song verse
    Just to express how I feel and it couldn't be worse
    Maybe I;ll play guitar and sing in a doctors office
    Expressing product features and benefits without muddling in my words or giving a low pitched nervous gasp as the doctor clasps his hands looks at the clock and gives a dry sigh
    Should it be this hard to develop a pitch and type my bitch
    scratching my ass while taking the piss!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"If you believe someone is unethical let them go" and if they come back then they are truly yours!

Useless and disgusting!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

entertaining

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

YEEEEEEEEES! Truth

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is a good company to work for overall.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not really. If you are out of work it's a life raft that pays more than unemployment benefits. No long term future here. But if you have a family, you gotta do what you gotta do. Everyone here is either been laid off, out of school with a year of b2b sales, or un-hire able anywhere else. The young ones stay the longest because they don't know anything different. 3 years max.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lots of people have stayed there well over 5-10 years. It is a good place for some. It's not for others. Just because it doesn't fit you doesn't mean it doesn't fit others.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yeah, you're right. And you just fired 15-20 of them in that massive layoff a few months ago.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you mean the ones cheating? ya, those.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Applied doesn't even encourage learning. You fire people for the stupidest reasons instead of retaining a great sales rep who brings in revenue for the company. You guys do everything so backwards. People should be able to share answers and learn from each other, who cares! When we take tests during meetings we don't even get to see which ones we got wrong so we can improve and learn our mistakes. We even get taught the wrong things!!! There have been countless typos in the procedural steps at zone meetings. How discredible will we look saying the wrong thing during a procedure?! Hey doc you're taking the IMA right? Wrong. Teach us correctly. Such an unprofessional company.