Is Applied Medical Worth The Risk?

Discussion in 'Applied Medical' started by Anonymous, Nov 16, 2011 at 10:18 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

funny how you always assume i'm management. Not interested in that gig. I'm interested in making money for myself.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Blonde bimbo at Applied, I know who that is.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do you think of career blacklisting?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hope you don't work for Applied. I consider real money about five+ times what you schleps make selling trocars and hoping for energy.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No you don't you tool.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So according to an Applied schlep I don't consider real money 5 to 6 times what most Applied reps make? Next time you're hanging out/training at the Courtyard that smells like a wet sock and the hawks/trainers are watching while you're sharing a room with some clown you never met call me.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guaren-damn-tee you that you don't make 5-6 times what I make here.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NO!!! Don't do it unless you have no other option. This is the most unethical medical device company out there. They don't care about their employees at all. Employees, especially sales reps., are just resources to them, not actual HUMAN resources (which explains why they only have two HR managers for over 1900 employees). They are also the cheapest, lowest paying medical device company. Their expense guidelines are very detailed and very strict.
    They don't tell you before training that you will have a roomate in the tiny rooms (yes, tiny rooms, not suites) of the Courtyard Marriott for the entire three weeks. They actually put earplugs in your welcome packet. Not Joke! I know what you're thinking, unbelievable! It's obviously been a huge issue for many reps in the past, but they don't care. If you get breakfast in the morning, make sure you don't grab a bottled orange juice, because they are not included in your free breakfast. Yep, they are actually that anal that they picked out some items from the breakfast menu at the hotel that they deem too expensive for a sales rep. Also, the usually crappy dinner is served every night in the cafeteria at Corporate right at 5:00 when the training class ends. If you want anything else to eat in the evening, you better stock up on some of the snack items and drinks from the classroom, because they won't let you expense a single thing. Also, their guidelines very clearly point out that tips for maids, taxi drivers, airport baggage handlers, etc. are not expensable. This goes back to their overall view that you are just a dispensable potential resource, not a real person with a family, goals or feelings. They don't care about your qualifications or experience either. If u get below a 90% on three of the tests and/or role plays, better pack your bags.
    Also, watch your back in the classroom. There is an evil blonde sales trainer and you better start kissing her ass on day one! Our class referred to her as the wicked witch of applied, or the wicked Bitch of applied. It varied depending on our moods. On your first day of class, Said, gives an impressive presentation about his progressive company with high values. Ha, ha, ha. That's complete bullshit. They only care about their bottom line, not people. Their sales training/management is unbelievable! Never experienced anything like this in any other training class. Applied might have new technologies coming out all the time, but it's not worth it. Go with Ethicon, Covidien or any other company, even if you don't think their products are superior. They don't even think twice about firing reps. Our whole class was in shock the first week when they sent the first group home. That's the evil witch's favorite part of her job! She may be absolutely beautiful on the outside, but we're not sure if she's human. Our group didn't think so. My advice is that if you do have to take a job with this company, watch out for the trainers/hawks. If they decide they don't like you, they will ship you out as quickly as possible. They don't care that you may have had two other job offers that you declined to work for them, or that you quit your job to join their "progressive" company. Applied Medical is absolutely the most fucked up Medical device company in the market, not progressive at all!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

whop whop...sounds like you couldn't cut training and got canned. Haha. chump. It's called a trocar. It's not that hard.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice attitude. U r right, after getting 84-87% on 3 tests, second week after finding out my dad had a stroke. I missed one full day of studying, talking to my family instead. Applied sucks and don't want anyone else to make the same mistake working for such heartless company. They invited me to come back for next training class on Wed., but not Thursday, b/c of an 87% on 10 page written exam, despite 100% on first test of the day and 2 good role plays. The crazy blonde bitch who graded the test enjoyed it. My dad can no longer speak well and can't get around on his own. Thanks again for your compassionate attitude! Best wishes at your fucked up company! FYI, ur company has the worst reputation in the industry!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They don't pay worth a shit and enjoy sleeping 3 feet away from your roommate for three weeks of pure Hell if u take a job with Applied. Sorry about your bad experience. They really do suk ass! Whop, whop dipshit manager!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone's experience is different with any company based on a number of different factors. Yes the training is tough, but so is the real world. You will come out of training a much better sales person, than when you went in. All you whiners on this message board need to look in the mirror and ask yourself some honest questions.This is one of the most competitive fields to be in and your clinical knowledge, sales abilityand relationships is what makes you successful. At plan is $120k and many TM's make in the $150-$200k range, BUT you must be motivated, driven and in the top 20% to be there! what company out there pays you well to be in the bottom 80%? NONE OF THEM! Be a producer and an asset to your company and you SUCCEED! It is that simple folks! Having been in surgical device sales and sales management for over 15 years, I say this... I don't care what company you are with, you will not make $150k plus if you do not possess the previous mentioned qualities. You can not make that at Covidien, Ethicon, or anywhere else if you do not have the ability it takes to navigate through the current OR landscape and SELL to surgeons, get the necessary buy in and support from them that is a necesssary to get YOUR products into the OR. I started at Applied and busted my ass!! I worked my way up through the ranks and into management, my experience and tenure here has been great. I have a great team of people that work with me, for me, and around me in order to accomplish all of our goals! Applied is an awesome company with products that are superior to whats on the market and we actually improve clinical outcomes while reducing the cost of healthcare for our hospitals and patients. So ignore the BS in this forum!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thats a load of crap. I've seen them send people home at a moments notice because of a family emergency w/o any repercussions.

BTW, they tell you up front that a 90 is passing. Most people can do it. If you can't, you're cut. Plain and simple.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Applied is a good company, however, the at plan number for TM's is certainly not 120K. sure there are reps that do well, but to say that "many" reps make in the 150-200K range is a bit of a stretch in my opinion. Last time I checked the at plan number for an LCM is 120K. I hit plan every year at Applied as a TM and never made more than 100K. But maybe things have changed since I left, who knows...

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the average age of a sales rep at Applied? Must b a young out of college group with no medical experience?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, young with no medical background, about 25 yo. Anyone who is already in devices wouldn't take the huge pay cut and is already aware of their reputation. You would have to be desperate or just a complete idiot to take a job with them otherwise.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do people at applied really think and talk this way? Explains a lot

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Says a lot about the hiring managers. Do they hire stupid people or are they heartless?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They hired you

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like everywhere else, your experience is based on YOUR direct manager. If he/she is an awesome manager, you get along with them, exhibit the ability to succeed with quantifiable results, and provide the team with positive influence you WILL be successful and probably be on your way to advancement within the company and a long successful career. If you are a negative rep, not contributing the the growth and progress of your territory and district, and unable to utilize your talents and skill set to PRODUCE growth with quantifiable results, then you are probably not a great fit and should look at working for another company. This is a highly competitive sales arena here folks!! It is type A, strong willed winners!! If you do not fit that "stereotype" you WILL NOT, be successful in this field. PERIOD! So when you evaluate a company and it's management, be sure to look honestly within and make sure that you posess those strengths. If you do not, than the device field will eat you up and spit you out. There are thousands of "great reps" and "great people" out there that this field just does not suit very well, and that is OK. That is life, but if you do possess the "right stuff" then climb aboard and you will be off to an extremely lucrative and rewarding career.