Is anyone making bonus on Kyprolis?

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, Aug 15, 2016 at 11:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Always crickets when real questions are asked...

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No. Some of us actually work for a living, rather than stalking CP waiting for anonymous people to respond to our questions/comments.

1. Attracting oncology experience- Amgen hires people with oncology experience and without. The difference is that some companies put onc experience down as a requirement, rather than a preference. Amgen considers all candidates and the DM picks the best one, based on their criteria.

2. Onyx people left because of the culture. I don't blame you if your preference is a start-up culture. That's not Amgen. That being said- if Novartis, BMS, Merck, or any other large company would have bought you, it would have been the same outcome. Stop blaming Amgen because you don't like working for a major Biotech company! If you want a small start-up them go apply there...we are getting tired of your "poor me" song and dance.

3. There are Amgen reps who (after 10-20 years in oncology) CHOOSE to stay here. We make a decent salary, get stock, have a GREAT 401k, decent health benefits, and career advancement opportunities. I am sure there are people who have been here for awhile and they don't have what it takes to move on. However, those people are the minority. I know people that have been here for more than a decade and they are being recruited by other oncology companies on a daily basis. They have been around the industry long enough to know that Amgen may not be perfect but it's a lot better than some of the alternatives.

4. Unlike Onyx people, some Amgen people like to have consistency and predictability in their lives. What's wrong with not wanting to jump form company to company, gambling on the start-ups ability to get drugs approved and not get bought out? Some of us don't want to take that gamble. I have mouths to feed at home and a huge mortgage to pay. One of the things I like about Amgen is that we are looking to acquire companies like Onyx...not be bought by other companies. Although that might not matter to you, it is a positive for those of us who have been around the block long enough to know how this industry operates.

The truth is, you don't care what the answers are to your questions. You have already made up your mind to hate Amgen and everyone here. You just want to justify your anger and frustration and take it out on those around you. Piece of advice- go find a company that makes you happy and stop wasting your time trashing the company that bought your little oncology company. This is how the industry is set-up. You can either role with the punches or hate the game. In the end, you are the one living in negativity and misery.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Truth - None of you have true therapeutic oncology experience. PCP Supportive care hacks.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You poster are the hack. Do you actually believe that an academic center of excellence, institutional protocol, oncologist or for even that matter an oncology nurse listens to your BS and believes anything you state about your product or a competitor? They do not use based on any sales rep's experience in oncology therapeutic or supportive care. You are delusional.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So...all these companies are paying good money to people that have zero influence? Yeah that makes sense probably a big old conspiracy.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I tend to find that reps who think their ONLY selling point is oncology experience....are the ones who have nothing else to offer.

Nothing worse than being an old, bitter, dried up oncology hack.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well Mr. they only care about NUELASTA reps they lowered our goals also! Down 17.5%. Scary thing is many STILL won't make bonus. The failure today kills next quarter also. Brand mentioned a "challenging" 4th quarter BEFORE the bad news today. So. Not good

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Generic Velcade coming in May 2017!

GROWTH WILL BE EVEN FURTHER STALLED

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for your answers, however I believe you to be incorrect on most points.

1. Less than 5% of the OBU had prior Onc experience - so experienced oncology reps are not interviewing and taking jobs here. As a matter of fact it is and has been an ongoing concern of senior leadership and HR. If they the process is as you believe it to be than the DM is picking from a very weak talent pool. You are getting the best of the worst. Congrats.

2. Agree the culture is the reason Onyx people left. It's also why a lot of Amgen people are leaving to the likes of Merck, Pfizer, and AZ. The good bio's are not interested in contract supportive care reps. The culture at Amgen is more than just 'different' it is toxic especially in the OBU. Heck even your CCO told us so! He said the OBU has a culture issue and you even have to pay consultants to come in and try to fix it. Keep that fish bowl clean!

3. The tenured OBU reps are stuck here simply put. Either because they are lazy, hate change, or no one is trying to get them from the bio-oncs as the contracting supportive care experience is not attractive. Not to mention that the toxic culture of the OBU is well known throughout the industry. They'll get the call from Pfizer, AZ and Merck which they know will just be more of the same so why leave...even though some still do. That is how bad the OBU is.

4. Let's see... it took 10 years for Onyx to get sold and never had a layoff...during that same time how many RIF/VTP and restructurings did Amgen have? Seems like the Onyx experience was every bit as stable as Amgen. Oh and we made a few million to boot. That feeds a lot of mouths, pays multiple mortgages and college tuitions. Speaking about being around the block we did a side by side experience match up from Onyx to the OBU and Onyx had nearly 10 years more experience in both the industry and oncology. Also for many of us Onyx was not the only big pay out so my guess is we know the industry a lot better than someone who has been at it for less time and at less companies.

Lastly, I do care what your answers are and thank you for taking the time to answer. It proves many things. I think you are wrong on Onyx people hating Amgen and the people who work here. Tough to hate an entire company(especially one that made many people wealthy), and most reasonable people would never dislike someone based solely on where they work. In fact I like many of the Amgen people I've encountered. Do I think that most of them are smart or talented? Not really. But they are good people who mean well nonetheless and it makes sense as to why they are at Amgen. They just don't seem to know any better since many of them came from big pharma to Amgen which is basically big pharma. This is there only perspective...which sounds like it is yours as well. I actually think it is the Amgen folks who dislike the Onyx people, mainly out of insecurity(we heard as much from TH CCO), jealousy,(we made a lot of money from Amgen at the same time you weren't getting raises or very much LTI) and perhaps a perceived elitist view the Onyx reps have over them(I'm sure that is a real thing). I think many of us have done what you suggested and rolled with the punches, and are either here plotting to get to the next company, or have left to greener pastures. I don't think any of us are stewing in negativity or are miserable. This is just a venue to discuss the ongoings of a company and an industry. To read much more into it is peculiar...perhaps it is you that is not happy since you presume anyone on here not spewing sunshine and rainbows has some deep-seated hatred and is wallowing in misery.

Good luck...by the looks of it you're going to need it.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Former Onyx here.

Oncology experience is really interesting because lots of drugs can be sold to oncologist including drugs that alleviate chemotherapy pain. Those reps would say they are oncology reps too because management says that to sell them on their supportive care drug. When Onyx people say they have oncology experience, what they mean is that they were the ones who sold Rituxan, Herceptin, Velcade, Revlimd, sutent, etc true oncology therapeutics in the heyday when these drugs were first coming out to market in the late 1990s to mid 2000s. What Amgen gets now are reps from other therapeutic areas that may be considered specialty like an ex-Humira or Remicade rep but they aren't getting the oncology elite who built, understand and have the deep trust and relationships of oncologist.

Most of us Onyx reps have been at the large companies and went to biotechs because they were a better gig. I have the trust, resources and culture that lets me do my job properly. No metrics, just get it done. Amgen is not like that. So we left. Other great companies want us and worse comes to worse. I can still bag a job at Merck or BMS selling PD-1s anyday. But with all of these buyouts, my mortgage is paid. Children's tuition paid. Have great self pay insurance and money in the bank. I don't need to work for a long time. In fact, I used my pay for a second and third mortgage which I rent out and pays me great income. Onyx wasn't my first buyout and it won't be the last. It's a great game to play. I can afford to not be abused by your incompetent management. These startups look for people like me and I know they may talk to you but the hire me. I feel bad that most of you are stuck. I feel bad that even another big pharma oncology company is a step up. Slightly better culture but at least you have decent products. Amgen is just a joke. Blin and Tvec sell almost nothing, but sadly Blin outsold star drug Repatha.

Anyways, back to my large territories with no partners. Paid cell, car allowance, and a company credit card where I get to keep the points. Boss rides with me 3 times a year max. Life is good.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I hate all of you ex-0nyx! If you all died, employers would have no one left and would hire OBU Amgenites! Waste your money on stripper and booze. I hope you all end up with hIV naked in gutter.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amgen's high quality OBU rep on display. Even if you made 80k a year, that's too much for a loser like you!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Holly Kyprolis Turnover Batman!! 3 reps in the Southeast gone in the past 3 weeks and 4/5 managers in the East Region gone in past few months. Remind me how Ludwig keeps his job please with world record industry turnover?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And 'they' wonder why Kyprolis is not hitting goal. Tough to maintain sales yet grow when you can't maintain the field force. Amgen once again fails in therapeutic oncology. Stick to mass market contracted commodities Amgen. Heck you couldn't even compete fairly there hence your CIA's. Anyone who respects company is an idiot. It's as bad as it gets.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A winner at Amgen? Better shot at finding a unicorn fellating big foot while the Easter Bunny films it.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Funny as most of the Onyx reps have a higher net worth than VP JL...who went to the academic juggernaut of Arizona State!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Vectibix is a therapeutic.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Used by almost no one and barely promoted and the sales force lacked any semblance of knowledge of CRC. They were too busy contracting...

19. ONYX Pride

ONYX Pride Guest

The only time this drug grew was when onyx reps promoted it. Then we left and growth stalled. Back to OBU incompetence.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why are OBU reps garbage? Why does not amount of Amgen training make any difference? Why are OBU orange and blue reps the down syndrome reps of wannabe oncology?