Is AmGen unethical?

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, Feb 4, 2017 at 11:16 AM.

1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are rumors that the FDA is having an emergency meeting on the merits of Romosozumab risk vs reward and whether or not it needs more data in order to make its decision for approval. My question is this, is it even ethical to sell a drug that has a 73% reduction in spinal fracture rates when there are choices that show 80% and 86% reductions. Romo showed no benefit in non vertebral fractures when Forteo and Radius's drug show 43% and 45% reductions. We are not talking about Lamisil and Claripro to cure Toenail fungus here, we are talking about Fractures. 300,000 fractures occur every year, of those 25% end up in a nursing home and among those over age 50, 26% die within a year. I am gonna have a real tough time selling this drug, ethically. I would be OK if we were saying we have a place in the Osteoporosis market as well as the competitors, but my manager has made it clear that my job will be on the line if the Radius drug gets any usage. How is that ethical?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amgen invested lots of money into romp. Kyprolis and repatha not doing well. Parsabiv delayed approval. Now romo having issues. Amgen can't take more damage as it is harder to raise the price of legacy products. Bob Bradway is an ex investment banker. All he cares about is sales and the stock price. If you don't sell. Your boss is fired. Your boss was hired for that reason. Ethics don't matter unless it's also convienent to amgen

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I came to AmGen to get away from that mentality, I'll sell Romo to the best of my ability but I'm looking for a new gig, Abalaparatide is gonna get some scrips, not a damn thing I can do about that.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amgen is a company full of greed. Anything for the dollar and we are all used and abused in the process. And yes, you will all be fired if you don't sell to expectations. Employee attrition hitting an all time high

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree with the OP, Romo may have a place for people unable or unwilling to take a daily injection but it needs to be second line since it showed no benefit in non-vertebral fractures, I wouldn't put my mom or wife on Romo when Forteo and Abalaparatide are available who the hell would.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Man, I just got hired to sell Romo, didn't really dig into the competitors drug data before the interview, mainly focused on Prolia, Repatha, and Romo. Forteo and the Radius drug are both far superior, in terms of fracture reductions. I am with the OP on this one.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your error and fault for not making an "informed" decision on what you were walking into. That said, you'll have a great career at Amgen because they're always unprepared. You'll be promoted within the next 6-8 months due to your lack of preparation. Be patient!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Kut the krap ! Dudes and Dudettes listen up !! Romo is fo shizzle the numero uno new drugs fo hags wit bags. We gonna sell da krap outta dis baby.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

my mom works there and she said that it's very ethical and my dad agrees

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They're all unethical. Patients my ass, show me the stock options. If you've got a problem with that, join the Red Cross or call the boys at the FDA.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Talk to my mom, tough guy

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh yes they are super-ethical! They take price increases twice a year on drugs that are a monopoly. If there is karma for ethics, this company will reap the whirlwind when the biosimilars of their drugs are launched. Let momma know that!!!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Guess your mom never worked in commercial. Make sure you don't forget the lunch your mom packed for you.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dosing may be the only advantage.

Don't count on price - look at Enbrel and repatha or all of Amgen's drugs.

They believe their drug is a supermodel but it's as attractive as rose Ann Arnold.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

we are the cockiest pricks out there....our poop don't stink

and our managers think we are GODS......thats all that matters!!!!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amgen is under CIA because the company is ethical.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm making a prediction, Romo will be at least delayed, and probably never approved, the sclerostin issue is really weird.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amgen is arrogant. Amgen does not care about you. Amgen does not care about the patients. Amgen cares about the shareholders.

The marketing group is putting together a compliant message for you to tell your physicians. This would trump all logic and evidence based medicine. Amgen is the best.