Is Acelity going public ?

Discussion in 'KCI' started by Anonymous, Jul 2, 2015 at 11:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So, where is the revenue growth? Still don't see it. Certainly not there to pay off the debt!!!! Why would the former CFO leave so quickly? No return on a Company that has no ROI. Your sales employees are always key as well as R&D. Not seeing either one in the forefront due to VERY poor management.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are preaching to the choir pal. There is no growth. No real organic growth. NPWT was up as SNN got booted from the field. Yes sales and R&D are key, Acelity thinks it's cost cutting. Typical 5 year equity investor chew and screw mentality. Complete us vs them mentality here now. There are some great, dedicated reps here being completely demoralized by their own employer! I never really understood that motivation, but that's why I'm kind of a nobody here I guess.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Big brokerage firms do their homework too. They don't just buy blind, or they'dwouodnt still be around. Trust me, the terrible morale and culture here driven by management will absolutely have an impact on price.

Also, layoffs and turnover are different things. Layoffs drive net revenue by reducing costs by firing employees. Turnover from bad pay and bad morale actually cost the company more dollars, since they are actively replacing that employee; not true in layoffs.

I agree with your last post though, assuming that was you.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How do you profit with all of the debt and no ROI? The execs just want to cash in on their stock. How much is that costing as well?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not to mention the ongoing royalties owed to WF, multiple ongoing lawsuits (as usual), Hey what happened to all those VIA's? lol. Acquisitions that have gone nowhere and where is my NPWT bandaide dammit?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Layoffs are a quick way to realize short-term revenue. This company, however, has no growth and no prospects for growth. The bad morale is bringing the company down. On top of that, the company has incredible debt and a high debt to assets ratio. That means the debt is being used for operational expenses. I can't think of any investors that would invest in this company. An IPO would bring in very little and would bleed out in about a year. A sinking ship.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

MAKE BETTER ! If only. Acelity, you have GREAT products and GREAT people. Not a lot of company's can say that. Why are you not leveraging that vs lean operations ? Seriously GIVE A LITTLE, you will get much in return. Get real, too many people in love with hearing themselves talk. You will not MAKE BETTER until you DO BETTER.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

MAKE BETTER:
    Hmm, sounds simple

improve
    verb

to make something better

enhance
    verb

to improve something, or to make it more attractive or more valuable

correct
    verb

to show that something is wrong, and make it right

remedy
    verb

to correct or improve a situation

improve on
    to make something better than it was before, or to do something better than you didbefore

boost
    verb

to help something to increase, improve, or become more successful

enrich
    verb

to make something better or more enjoyable

revitalize
    verb

to make something that is failing or weak become strong and successful again

lift
    verb

to improve the situation that someone or something is in

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Has APAX actually reviewed the cost of all the consultants and any ROI to the Company? They really would find none if looked at from a YOY basis. What would the members of their funds think of this??!! Not good...

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The "MAKE BETTER" post above sounds absolutely pretentious!!!! Instead of just throwing verbs around what are you actually DOING to make it better. Just talk, talk, talk doesn't solve the actual issues. That's really ridiculous and condescending to those who actually work to make things better. If you are just throwing meaningless words around for the face value only and to politically advance your career then good luck!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

can we all just stop using Make Better? Worst marketing campaign idea EVER.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed!!!! More hundreds of thousands that were spent on consultants!!!! However, some execs will take the credit for this and the branding of "Acelity" even though the Company paid for the consultants to do the branding and none of the internal functions did the actual work (i.e. marketing, HR, etc.).

APAX, when will you actually look into the real costs of the internal resources versus what you're paying for consultants? This Company is driving the real talent away because they won't put up with how this company is run. In addition, your fund members wouldn't put up with it if they knew about how this Company is run as well.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They don't care about reps. 30+reps left this year and nothing has been done to retain the field. They don't care. Accept it and move on.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Make better? Dude, the products are great, but there is no money to promote the products. Debt is killing this company.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No money? I guess you haven't been reading the quarterly reports. Despite the large debt, they still hold more assets than debt. They continue to reduce sales reps pay and pocket over $300 million profit in Q1. And if the IPO works, $1 billion debt will be gone.

Great products? Drink more kool-aid.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

1 billion in debt gone...3.8 billion in debt to go!!! Revenue 1.8 billion....mmmm... doesn't take a financial wizard to figure this out!!!!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If that's how you look at the finances of a company, simply total debt versus annual revenue, you need to go back to business 101.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So, I don't believe just the assets are an indicator of future growth potential in regards to revenue growth. This company is not making ROI. As mentioned before they also lost their patent. What is the gain here??? Nothing.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why did the previous CFO leave so quickly? Because there's no ROI.

APAX needs to review these issues and their fund members need to know these issues.