iPad's are coming!

Discussion in 'Ortho-McNeil' started by Anonymous, May 20, 2011 at 3:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most of us pain reps know you guys do very little except talk to each other once and while

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so very, very true

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey!!!!! I was a hospital rep. I worked a full days a week and barely ever spoke with anyone.

Ps. They can already track your company cars if they wanted to. You jackasses''''''

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You mean like how? Track your tire wear?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

... the key is "if they want to" -----------------
    ---------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree that the tracking feature is possible but not practical and already essentially available to the types of old school, ineffectual DMs who neurotically fixate upon and triangulate their employees' every move because they are unfit to lead and therefore mistake "gotcha games" for leadership. However -- that said, I am concerned that reps will be expected to fully (i.e., always) utilize a potentially great tool that is not yet suited for our current work environment.

We are a mobile sales force. We need tools and resources that make us more engaging to our customer and more efficient from the field. Period. Does the iPad help sales reps or hurt sales rep in that way? That is the only question that matters.

My guess is the answer is MAYBE, if the expectation is that the iPad be used at the right times in the right environments -- and IF the iPad can deliver more than a cooler looking eDetailing tool by providing other necessary functionality on its platform (VitalSigns, GXRS, eUniversity, etc).

But if the expectation is to use it all the time, on every call, without regard to the fact that it may not be practical for or welcome to our customers -- AND if it requires a mobile sales force to carry TWO computers, TWO AC adapators, and TWO car charges just about every work day (out of town runs, ride alongs with management, or just days where you don't have a lunch planned and want to use your lunch hour to catch up on an ever-increasing amount of administrative duties that have historically been filed by unresponsive management under "stuff a rep needs to get done on their leisure time,") then I fear that the iPad may managed as a hinderance instead of a tool.

New Janssen Leadership: Are you listening? I hope so, and think you might be.

7. JOBS STEVEN

JOBS STEVEN Guest

LOVE'n this iPad2

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i love the new iPad.