inVentive, IMS or Cegedim

Discussion in 'IMS Health' started by Anonymous, Jan 21, 2012 at 3:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know what's going to happen with the promotion panel data now that IMS has sold off the SDI panels to inVentiv? Are there any other options...is Cegedim worth looking at?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just switched to Cegedim SD promotion data, a lot cheaper and a really flexible approach. So far great service and works well for what I need !

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It sounds like IMS cherry-picked what they sold to inVentive holding out the Onco data. I wonder about the whole deal.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it sounds like the deal is not finished yet, FTC hasn’t issued final approval so going with IMS or inventive is still risky. I wonder if IMS really wants to dump the whole business...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

come on, IMS uses promo audit like a door opener to sell more sales, their focus isnt quality nor service...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does IMS have any specialty data? (US)

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They say they have coverage but it’s pretty thin – I heard that most specialty panels only have a handful. Cegedim has the big specialty panels for the US.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes Cegedim has good specialty coverage. We also looked at their Oncology panels for a comparison and we were pleased with the results. Anyone comment on the best oncology data?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with Cegedim. We did a comprehensive assessment and they were the clear choice.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The information on their web site says 450 oncologists in the US panel.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do they have in onco data? Just promo?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The onco data looks to be pretty complete...tumor type, stage

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We’ve been using it for a few months…it’s pretty comprehensive and a lot cheaper

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cegedim sounds like a good option - too many questions on the whole IMS thing

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just stay away from the rest of Cegedim's products. The quality and value you find in the panel data does not go beyond that.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hear the long term outlook for Cegidem is weak at best....Any truth to that runr

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The data division seems to be growing a lot, are you talking about the old Dendrite?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree, even in the US Cegedim's specialty coverage is pretty good. Large GP panel is an archaic approach.
    And they are pretty fast with all the requests, not an IMS behemoth.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would you need a large Gp panel ? It doesnt make sense as the business is going to specialty care and products..

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

we just switched from Sdi / IMS whatever to cegedim promotion audit, and we cut cost with good quality and a FAR better client support